3 replies to this topic

#1 Musrar

Musrar

Catal√

• 13 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Catalonia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:11 PM

I'm back after 2 years in this forum and although I did want to learn some scripting or this kinda stuff that would allow me to create a game and have fun on doing it (because being honest I know I won't ever finish a game so it's just doing and doing and learning new things) I didn't dwell too much in it. So I'm asking since I saw there is a newer version of RPG Maker called MV, is it better than VX Ace?  Pros and contras? Thanks :)

I hope this time I can look better in this awesome forum and discover the creative people that habitates it ;)

I would like to add whether someone is actually doing a game (okay, I think in a place like there has to be plenty of people that's doing so xD) and accepts any kind of help I'd like to do so, although I haven't touched RPG MVXAce for a long time :)

Edited by Musrar, 28 December 2016 - 01:14 PM.

#2 KilloZapit

KilloZapit

FAIRY DUST! FAIRY DUST FOR EVERYONE! WHEE!

• 2724 posts
  • LocationFairyland!
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:19 PM

Oooh! A new old person! Yay! *sprinkles fairy dust on you*

I haven't used MV myself, though I know it uses JavaScript instead of Ruby and I think uses a more flexible layer system for maps maybe? Anyway, welcome back!

#3 lianderson

lianderson

Advanced Member

• 115 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:51 PM

Welcome back. 2 years is a long time.

What kind of help are you offering? If testing is one of em, let me know. I could always use more.

#4 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Forum Admins
  • 5713 posts
  • LocationEquestria First¬†Language¬†-¬†Polish ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Game¬†Maker¬†&¬†Ace¬†User ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:11 PM

Hello!

From what I heard and saw, MV has generally better performance and the major difference is, that it uses JavaScript instead of Ruby. MV has better character generator and have toggle-able battle system (first person/side-view) programmed by default.

What Ace has that MV doesn't? Using Ruby language... aaaand that would be all I guess. ^^

Besides that, nothing comes to my mind at the moment.

Welcome back to the herd! (=

I believe I can :fly:.

LraXqtS.png

Want to see SCIENCE in RPG Maker VX Ace? Try these games:

Super Coolstory Bros. | Chain Reaction | Good VS Evil: The Fateful Curse | Frozen Dream | Eric Chronicles - Adventure to The Starting Position

Scripting stuff in VX Ace? Ever wanted to put script calls during playing? Perhaps RK5 Debug Console will help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users