Photo

Looking for Some Partners in Crime! (Mystery-RPG Recruitment)

rpgmaker mv mystery comedy gui design pixel artist

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Amysaurus

Amysaurus

4000% tired.

• 230 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO
  • RM Skill - Pixel Artist

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:59 PM

cN72yy5.png

rMWuaPA.gif
[This is where I would put a really cool logo if I had a title yet. You can pretend it's here, though!]

General Information:

Engine: RPG Maker MV
Game Release(s): Commercial, English. (At present, we're considering Kickstarter.)
Genre(s): Mystery, Comedy, RPG
Synopsis (tentative):
Taking on the role of an amateur investigator, the player will immerse themselves in a society where humans and monsters live together in peace. Tasked with investigating cases threatening that peace, the player will have to overcome a combination of RPG and puzzle elements in order to discover the secret that connects them all.
Graphics Style (subject to change):

Spoiler

Position(s) Filled:[spoiler]
Lead Artist
Concept Artist
Writers
Composers
Sound Designer
Eventer/Scripter

Position(s) Open:
-> GUI/Logo Design: I'm mainly looking for people who can help with menu and title screen designs. If you're not comfortable working in a pixel style, even putting together some mock-ups/concepts to work from would help a great deal.

-> Pixel Artist: This project is super heavy on pixel art, so I'm looking for people who can assist with making some of the assets (portraits, sprites, maps, etc). I'll be more than happy to give you a crash course in the drawing/shading style as needed ^^

Other:

Compensation:
Naturally, you will be fully-credited for any and all of your contributions. I can’t do much when it comes to monetary payment (unless we go commercial), but I'm willing to provide assistance/graphics/support for a future project* of yours in exchange.

Communication:
As of right now we're using a Discord server to communicate, though messages via email, Google Docs or PM also work fine.

Jm5CadD.png
Interested?
Feel free to send me a message on the forum, or via one of the contact methods on my profile.
KL8sYLx.png

Edited by Amysaurus, 15 May 2017 - 05:05 PM.

MV Resources:  MV Stuff

VX/Ace Resources:  VX/Ace Characters  -  RTP Chibified 

Commissions: Facesets  -  Pixel Art

Social:  Deviantart  -  Steam  -  Twitter 

#2 Amysaurus

Amysaurus

4000% tired.

• 230 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

Update tiiiiiime~  :D 

- I'm still looking for a menu/GUI designer, if anyone's interested
- There's now a second pixel artist on the team  :thumbup3: 

.....aaaand here's some artwork, in case you're curious to see how things are looking:

The Protagonists:

Spoiler

Some Misc. Artwork:
Spoiler

#3 Amysaurus

Amysaurus

4000% tired.

• 230 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:06 AM

Hey guys! :D
It’s about time for an update, amirite? Here’s what’s new with….

The Team:

Hmmm... not too much here! I have a couple of positions open, if any of you are interested! Right now they are for another pixel artist, as well as a GUI/menu designer. Pretty much everything else is covered right now. If you have any interest, feel free to send a message my way - I'll get you some more info of what I'm looking for. :)

Development:

As of right now, pretty much all of the main mechanics have been set up and are functional, but we’re still working on having the graphics and story ready to be implemented. Placeholders. Placeholders everywhere.

Animated portraits? Check!
Travel system? Got it!
Evidence system? Checkeroonie!
Dialogue system? You betcha!

Writing/Story:

We’re still hammering out a lot of the specifics (writing cases is work, y’know!), but we’ve been making some decent headway on outlining the cases. Once that’s all finished up, we’ll start focusing more on the specifics (branching dialogue, presenting evidence, all that good stuff!).

Graphics:

Remember maps like these? Those were the days.

Spoiler

As of last month-ish, they’ve been scrapped for this look:

Spoiler

It’s a bit of a drastic change, aye? This style is, admittedly, a bit more work, but it fits the look and gameplay we’re going for so much better. If you’re a fan of the older style - no worries! I’m still using that style for a graphics set I’m putting together, so you’ll see it again sometime!

Music/Sound Design:

Not too much going on in this department (we're holding off a bit until the story is further along), but we’ve got some pretty swanky tracks in progress! I'll be sure and update you guys when we have some finished ones ready to share! ^_^

Other:

If you made it this far.... wow! I'll try and have something more special for the end next time, but for now, here’s a look at how I put together the character art for this game:

Spoiler

Thanks for taking the time to check this out! I really appreciate it :wub:

Edited by Amysaurus, 27 March 2017 - 12:07 AM.

#4 Amysaurus

Amysaurus

4000% tired.

• 230 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:12 PM

IT’S UPDATE DAY! =D

Positions/Team:
We haven’t killed each other yet! That’s an accomplishment, right?? There are still some spots open if anybody is interested in doing pixel art or menu designs ^^

Development:
We’re currently on our 10th test build. Whoop! We’ve incorporated the new sprite style successfully, we’re working on incorporating the maps and dialogue right now, and we’re hoping to have our first section playable by the end of June.

Writing/Story:
Right now we’re working on the draft for the first case, with a focus on dialogue/interactions with different characters. The outcome of conversations will vary based on your dialogue choices, as well as what evidence/topics you choose to discuss with them . ^^

Graphics:
Lately, the focus has been on developing character designs, location designs, and working on sprites for the first case. I ended up getting a walk cycle finished that I can base future character sheets off of, and it works great with the movement restricted to sideview only.

FoRaHSn.gif

Besides that, I’m working on converting some of the concept sketches to portraits, as well as continuing to improve the portrait poses/animations

rMWuaPA.gifITRep91.png

Music/Sound Design:
As of right now, we’ve got 4 tracks either finished or in progress. I’ll get some posted once they’re up on Soundcloud or another sharing platform - I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys think! Most of the tracks have a jazzy, spooky style to them, which has been great to see (hear!) developing over time.

Other:
Once again, thanks for making it to the end of the post! I tried to not be so wordy this time, but I don’t think it worked, hehe. For a little something extra, I thought I’d share how the main character’s look has changed over time.

Spoiler

Can we talk about how blocky my drawing style back then was???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users