Why, hello there everyone

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Clockwork Hat

Clockwork Hat

• Ace Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:59 PM

Hello, who ever may have stumbled across this.

as you can guess, I am quite new here, how ever I have been using RPG Maker for some time (since RPGM VX), though i still understand very little about it.

i am currently working on a game now with the running title "Jobs" despite been my first serious project, i'm hitting hard with it, as I am using a lot of DLC (been the "POP Horror" packs and "Kahs Ultra Lighting" plus a lot of music packs) and i am planning on using some custom stuff that I'll be making.

So as a introduction-al question;
what programs are good for making custom sprite set/tile sets for VX Ace/MV?

#2 Flashy

Flashy

Fashionable King

• Ace Member
  • 106 posts
  • LocationIn My Room Plotting Things.
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:55 AM

First; welcome to the community!

Making games is always nice and that sounds like a good combo, POP Horror and the Ultra Lights :)

Anything is good for making custom sprites/tiles for VX Ace/MV. Even paint! You can get Photoshop, Gimp, Photofiltre, Paint.NET, Spriter, pixel-art only software, but it will always depend on your skill (though if you use paint, you need to use another software like Photoshop or Gimp or whatever that works with layers to remove the background!)!

Edited by Flashy, 07 January 2017 - 04:56 AM.

#3 Boring Old Tarq

Boring Old Tarq

Maverick

• Global Moderators
  • 654 posts
  • LocationUK
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:39 AM

One of us, one of us....

Yeah, like Flashy said, any art program really. GIMP and Paint SAI seem to be the most popular in the community but whatever you feel most comfortable with will be what's best for you so give them all a try; since they each have nuances you'll probly want to keep a couple installed for accomplishing different things anyways.

Posted Image

#4 Clockwork Hat

Clockwork Hat

• Ace Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:15 AM

cheers guys for the suggestions, time to get to work!

#5 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Global Moderators
  • 5,478 posts
  • LocationEquestria First Language - Polish           Uses - Game Maker         RMVXAce                                   GM Skill - Procrastinating
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:53 AM

Hello!

Personally I use GIMP. Years ago back when I was running Win XP and I was a total noob at any art, I wanted to make some tiles for my Mario Mappack, but XP's Paint didn't support transparency (I don't think it could export to .png?), so I looked up for a free program that would do this and that's how I got introduced to GIMP. Now when I got used to that by the time, I decided to stick with it. All the graphics I've made for my games, signatures etc. are made in GIMP. (=

Good luck and Welcome to the herd! (=

I believe I can :fly:.

LraXqtS.png

Want to see SCIENCE in RPG Maker VX Ace? Try these games:

Super Coolstory Bros. | Chain ReactionGood VS Evil: The Fateful CurseFrozen DreamEric Chronicles - Adventure to The Starting Position

#6 Cadh20000

Cadh20000

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 1,283 posts
  • LocationNYS, USA
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

Welcome to the group!

I use Photoshop personally.

My blog:                                             My art:                                               My Free Resources:
ramblings_of_a_writer_by_c_hillman-d7lun  some_of_my_artwork_by_c_hillman-d7luq1p.  free_resources_button_for_rpgmaker_forum

Artificer.jpg
D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

Character Q&A's:

This was getting too long soooo...

Spoiler

#7 lonequeso

lonequeso

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 2,716 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:05 PM

Photoshop, ftw! It's kinda pricey, but sooo good. Welcome!  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users