Forum threads crashing on Firefox

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lihinel

Lihinel

Advanced Member

• 47 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:03 AM

Does anyone else have the problem, that opening or changing pages on some threads crashes their browser?

(Using Firefox and don't have that problem on any other site.

Had it in the past, but now its gotten to the point of making it impossible for me to edit my games topic.)

Ludus_Banner_sig.png

#2 Flashy

Flashy

Fashionable King

• 137 posts
  • LocationIn My Room Plotting Things.
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:03 AM

Never had that problem. However, Firefox has shown me to not be very reliable as it likes to suck on my RAM highly, specially when it crashes and thinks it can take the computer with it, so I just stick with Chrome... stay away from Edge too, that doesn't even have a tab restore, so if by accident you close your 4892913923 tabs... poof, gone for life!

So yeah, I recommend you to get Chrome. If you have low RAM, then that could be the reason or so, since, yeah, the fox likes to eat. Or Opera. Honestly Opera feels like a Chrome whose appearence has been changed a bit but yeah, it's good

#3 Tarq

Tarq

Class: Old Man

• Global Moderators
  • 738 posts
  • LocationUK
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:24 AM

Moved from General Discussion to Forum Support.

Nope, can't say I've had this problem. Could be one of those quirks that'll go away with clearing the cache and cookies and all that junk.

Here's an online 'folio of all my gaming projects: http://doubleplusgoo...blogspot.co.uk/

The best place to get the latest news, builds, etc.

#4 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Forum Admins
  • 5713 posts
  • LocationEquestria First Language - Polish           Game Maker & Ace User                                  
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:44 AM

Hmmm... I've never encountered such an issue.

Does that happen with any thread or only with a specific one?

As for me~ 

My adventure with Firefox ended when it started to work horribly after certain update.

Same with Opera - There was an update that made watching YT laggy and stuff.

I'm not even mentioning IE - I tried to use that once and it froze my PC. It literally did, I had to turn PC off and on. The purpose of this browser is to download another browser.

Now I'm using Chrome and everything seems to be nice. So far I can only complain on amount of processes it runs and amount of memory it takes (in total).

Spoiler

I have no idea why it's so messy. Hmm.. It seems that it's not the only one software, that does that. *looks at discord* ( ͡ °_ ͡° )

By the way, I like when explorer.exe stops responding and crashes. It makes a nice screensaver. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) jk

I believe I can :fly:.

LraXqtS.png

Want to see SCIENCE in RPG Maker VX Ace? Try these games:

Super Coolstory Bros. | Chain Reaction | Good VS Evil: The Fateful Curse | Frozen Dream | Eric Chronicles - Adventure to The Starting Position

Scripting stuff in VX Ace? Ever wanted to put script calls during playing? Perhaps RK5 Debug Console will help!

#5 RagingHobo

RagingHobo

Local Vagrant

• Administrators
  • 349 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:17 PM

Hmmm... I've never encountered such an issue.

Does that happen with any thread or only with a specific one?

As for me~ 

My adventure with Firefox ended when it started to work horribly after certain update.

Same with Opera - There was an update that made watching YT laggy and stuff.

I'm not even mentioning IE - I tried to use that once and it froze my PC. It literally did, I had to turn PC off and on. The purpose of this browser is to download another browser.

Now I'm using Chrome and everything seems to be nice. So far I can only complain on amount of processes it runs and amount of memory it takes (in total).

Spoiler

I have no idea why it's so messy. Hmm.. It seems that it's not the only one software, that does that. *looks at discord* ( ͡ °_ ͡° )

By the way, I like when explorer.exe stops responding and crashes. It makes a nice screensaver. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) jk

Yup these things seem to go in cycles, Opera Neon is looking promising at the moment :D

#6 Seriel

Seriel

Living a lie~

• Forum Admins
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales, UK
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:04 PM

Chrome spawns a new process for every tab you have open, and for each Add-on running in the background. You can see what its doing by right clicking an empty space on the tab bar and clicking Task Manager (For chrome's specific one)
Firefox however has one process for all tabs, and Discord does.. something similar, splits them somehow, haven't worked that one out.
--
I haven't had any issues on the site lately but I've only browsed a small amount, and on either my phone (Chrome on Android) or my netbook (Midori on Linux), everything has been perrrrfectly fine.

--Edit--

Honestly Opera feels like a Chrome whose appearence has been changed a bit but yeah, it's good

It wasn't before, but iirc Opera is now just Chromium (The open-source browser Chrome is based off, so basically Chrome) with a fancy skin and a few unique features. So in a way you're actually correct.

Need to contact me quickly? You can find me on Discord as Seriel#0757.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users