#21 Tarq

Tarq

Class: Old Man

• Global Moderators
  • 738 posts
  • LocationUK
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

I'm going to drop out too. I just don't like what I've made. Best of luck to the rest of you guys :)

Here's an online 'folio of all my gaming projects: http://doubleplusgoo...blogspot.co.uk/

The best place to get the latest news, builds, etc.

#22 Mushinronja

Mushinronja

Advanced Member

• 43 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:02 PM

I'll be joining in, started when the contest started but just didn't post anything. So yea, basically done with my game atm, will link it relatively soon. 

#23 Mushinronja

Mushinronja

Advanced Member

• 43 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:54 AM

https://www.dropbox....d/1Map.zip?dl=0

Here's mine. 

Only issue I feel I should warn about is to refrain from saving and exiting the game during a battle segment. game's not 100%, lol. 

#24 Fusegu

Fusegu

Neko Extraordinaire

• 18 posts
  • LocationNC USA
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:43 AM

7 Hours left give or take.  3 Entries so far if I counted right.  CRUNCH TIME!

#25 Fusegu

Fusegu

Neko Extraordinaire

• 18 posts
  • LocationNC USA
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:05 PM

SOOOOOO contest is closed.  Please halt all work and paste your links as quickly as possible.

#26 Fusegu

Fusegu

Neko Extraordinaire

• 18 posts
  • LocationNC USA
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:15 AM

http://twitch.tv/fuseguno

‚ÄčI'll be streaming the entries and juding at 1PM EST (GMT-5) today and tomorrow. 

Hope to see you there. I'll post the results later this week.

#27 Fusegu

Fusegu

Neko Extraordinaire

• 18 posts
  • LocationNC USA
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:27 PM

And the RESULTS~!  Brief Commentary, then to the scores and prizes.

To start, I was surprised. The scoring system wasn't truly important with only two entries, but I still followed it as I gave my decision making weight. 

Objectively speaking, Retnuh's use of map, theme, events, and customizations were truly impressive and so I had to tick those boxes. 

Mushinronja's game, to my way of thinking was more fun.  I enjoyed the lore and setting a great deal. 

Both games suffered from balancing issues and trying to cram that one map as full as possible.  Both compensated for lack of multiple maps by way of size.  The games were so different though, I wish we had more entries to see all the myriad of possibilities the challenge could have formed. 

Placement and Scoring:

Retnuh and 12: 64

Mushinronja and Fort Amreldo: 60

Best Map: Retnuh

Best Story: Mushinronja

I'll get up with you on discord.  Let me know what you want for your prizes and we'll arrange it.

Thank you both for your entries.

By Monday of next week I'm going to be hosting another challenge.  The consistent them between both will be time and limitations. I'm going to host another challenge that is SHORT and should let you stretch your muscles without taking away from your other projects.  

Look forward to seeing you there. Also I'll be posting the stream video to my YT channel when I get the chance.  So if you didn't see the contest entries you'll be able to check them out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contest, challenge, prize

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users