Photo

Lighting Script (Suggestions for a good one).

lighting script rpgmaker vx ace caves lanterns light emitting events

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 D.S.Sirius

D.S.Sirius

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 130 posts
  • LocationUK
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:10 AM

Hi all,

Not sure I'm posting this in the correct place, so apologies in advance if I've got this wrong. I'm looking for a decent lighting script to darken up the caves in my game. The idea is that the player will find a lantern item that will be filled with fuel to keep these caves navigable.

I've tried Khas's awesome lights script, but unfortunately it seems to lag when I make the lantern on the player character anywhere near large enough to make it useful. The dynamic shadows also ran into some problems with some objects. Shame really as this would have been the preferred script.

I also tried Victors lighting script, but unfortunately the comment box commands are unable to trigger in my project. Probably a conflict with KMS minimap which uses the comment box calls as well.

Does anyone know of any alternatives that are worth trying. Has anyone also tried Khas ultra lights? If so, is there still lag when using large light effects?

Many thanks for any help offered!

#2 D.S.Sirius

D.S.Sirius

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 130 posts
  • LocationUK
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:41 AM

Just wanted to say I took the plunge and went with Khas's ultra lights in the end. It is very good.

Would recommend.

Edited by D.S.Sirius, 16 February 2017 - 09:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users