26 replies to this topic

#21 Cookie Ninja

Cookie Ninja

Chocolate chip master!

• 672 posts
  • LocationLost woods
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:16 PM

Well, when all that is covered. (Can't help ya with the art stuff) Consider the setting and how you tell the plot of the house. Many stones unturned that can do a whole lot ;)

Everything I ever make will be free for all to use for all purposes!

I rarely demand credits, but I would appreciate a thank you (not mandatory).

To me that is a great morale boost, it goes a long way in motivating to keep doing what I do :D

Cookie Scripts:

Spoiler

#22 KilloZapit

KilloZapit

FAIRY DUST! FAIRY DUST FOR EVERYONE! WHEE!

• 2727 posts
  • LocationFairyland!
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:45 AM

If I remember my FF7 correct, they tried to set the mad tone to Hojos' research in the manor culminating in the face off on Shinra tower.. If you are looking for the sad portion of the story, (Nibeheim wise) it was the final broken mind of Sephiroth were he essentially starts cutting down the people closest to him and how people in the village saw their friends and family massacred for nothing.

If creepy horror house wasn't the intention, they could have done that part of the story much better. :( (lol, since the horror house theme didn't get good anyways. I would simply have remade it)

The Shinra Manor had a lot of little sad plot threads surrounding it... It was the place Sephiroth finally snapped, the place Vincent failed to protect the one he loved and was sealed away losing all hope, the place you get this big cutscene if you visit it after Cloud regains his true memory and examines the tubes in the lab that reveals more about what happened to Zach, probably ties into Arith and Professor Gash somehow too.

#23 Darkness Void

Darkness Void

Trixie Empire Follower

• 126 posts
  • LocationEarth, hey its a location. XD
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:28 PM

@KilloZapit

@Cookie Ninja

Spoiler warning. XD I know FF7 is old but there are people who never played it, luckily I beat it once and once at lvl 99. :P

2e0toc4.jpg

Support me at my any of these accounts if you enjoy what I create. ^^

#24 KilloZapit

KilloZapit

• 2727 posts
  • LocationFairyland!
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:15 AM

Sorry, FF7 is just one of those games where if you haven't played it yet it's your own damn fault. :P

#25 Darkness Void

Darkness Void

Trixie Empire Follower

• 126 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

@KilloZapit

Tell that to the current generation whose very first experience with FF7 is the remake.

2e0toc4.jpg

#26 KilloZapit

KilloZapit

• 2727 posts
  • LocationFairyland!
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:02 PM

Getting a bit off topic, but generation has nothing to do with anything. In a world where everything is categorized, repackaged, and resold cheaply or available for free over digital distribution channels there is very little excuse for not taking any interest in the classics. People are still discussing The Odyssey or works of Shacksphere or even the frigging Epic of Gilgamesh, and you think a few decades are enough to make people forget about the classic games that permeate gaming culture? I think not! Indie gaming even keeps the old styles alive to some extent.

#27 Darkness Void

Darkness Void

Trixie Empire Follower

• 126 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:16 PM

@KilloZapit

Eh we'll stay here forever on this so let's get back on topic. Trust me, with my OCD we would be here all night. XD

2e0toc4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users