Jump to content


dhbchest's Datalog script refreshing each time you restart the game.

vx ace script problem

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Seamsquall



  • Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:18 AM

Hello. I have been using dbchest's datalog script and it has been working great. However, after making around 120 pages of datalog with it, I realised that upon restarting the game, it isn't saving the datalogs and sort of "resetting to default" forgetting all the datalogs unlocked during the game. 

I checked and this problem is in the script, it is not influenced by other scripts. 


Here is the script : 



and here is the link to the original post of the script. http://www.rpgmakerc...chests-datalog/


I know there are other scripts that have similar features, but this one by far is the one I prefer, and I have already used it a lot. 


I did a new post here since the scripter now only works on MV. 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Edited by Seamsquall, 24 March 2017 - 12:38 PM.

#2 roninator2



  • Member
  • 91 posts
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:24 PM

You should have put that script into a spoiler. Saves space when scrolling down.


I'm not a scripter or a master of ruby, but I try to help.


I downloaded the demo and tried it out. It also does not save information. The problem is that the script does not seem to be set to save information by default.

Without the script be rewritten (hopefully by the author) then don't put a lot of trust that someone will help with this (unless they have used it before).


I suspect that you will have to script a common event to check what the player has found (possibly by switches) and add the information into the datalog every time the player starts the game.


Good luck.

#3 Seamsquall



  • Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:11 PM

Thank you for the advice. It is the first time I wrote a post so I didn't know. 


I don't think the fix is hard if you know how Ruby.  


The problem definitely comes from the script and not from interfering with other scripts indeed. I could indeed use switches however it would be very complicated since there is 120 pages of datalog already, and I plan to add another 100. I guess I will do that if no one finds out a way. 


Anyway, I might have found a lead. There was another script which had the same problem, DoctorTodd's  



And someone just added this to the code to fix it : 



I'm assuming the same code can be used and just change to the right class. I might be wrong though. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users