Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rannade3rd

Hello & Question

6 posts in this topic

Hi there, it's been a long time since i dreamed about making game that i want, and now probably the right time for me since i am no longer a student anymore. Well i have been aware of RPG maker since like 3-4 years ago, and my first RPG maker that i ever played is RPG Tsukuru Advance on Gameboy Advance, even though it was in Japanese. 

I currently making a game in RPG Maker VX Ace (hope people still plays with it). I have been training myself on it like 3 months now (eventing, install-configure script, and so on) and collecting so many free materials on english based and japanese sites (i'm pretty sure the author said it free to use as long as i credit them or direct it to their website). oh and yeah, i make a non-commercial one of course (but it will take months to finish it though).

And that's all for introduction, and nice to meet you all ^^.

oh and a little bit question here:
which thread i should post to about usage of some artist materials, i mean, currently i am making a Suikoden wannabe game, you know, a game with 108 recruitable characters, which is used so many materials from so many artists. What most worries me right now is that, even though i am 95% pretty sure all of the materials are free to use, the other 5% maybe some of the artist had changed their mind without i am knowing it. i want to make a list of Artists whom some of their materials used by me, and maybe people or some Artists here could correct me. Thanks in advance.

Rikifive likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there!

 

I think the best area to ask for these will be Resource Requests. Looking for terms of use of the resources is kinda like looking for resources themselves. Perhaps somebody will even find a better alternative and such. ^^

 

Good luck and welcome to the herd! =)

rannade3rd likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, thank you very much. Though i am pretty sure all of the materials are free to use (if my eyes didn't deceive me back then). I still gonna use those materials and if maybe its become problematic in the future after i post the game, i could just change it or erase it and keep the game by myself. 

Rikifive likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though still, even if they're free to use, you have to give credit to their artists, unless it is stated, that they don't require that.

That itself can become problematic, because if for example there will be only your name in the credits, while there are tons of resources made by others, then you may get not-nice comments, which may negatively affect your reputation and your future projects.

I don't mean to scare you, but keep that in mind, as it happens. It is really worth to organize files and know the terms of use of the resources you use.

 

Though as you said, removing it later when the problem appears is also a solution, though it's better to think of prevention, rather than possible solutions later. Just be careful. =)

rannade3rd likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah to be honest, i was like already making a list of people i need to credit way before i use their material. Of course i respect those people who give their material for free to any stranger in internet. and some of their give away are just too good to be true, i grateful of that.

 

i will list them, sure i will, and i will ask any people to correct me if there are artist that not listed in my credit. Surely i will credit them as soon as possible.

so yeah, thank you.

Rikifive likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.