• Announcements

• RagingHobo

Forum Upgraded!   07/17/2017

We have successfully upgraded our forum to the latest version! Some things have moved around but don't worry everything is still there, we still need to find updated versions of the plugins we were using previously to restore everything to the way it was. There will be a running topic in the Feedback and Support in case you notice something wrong. Before you do so please clear your browser cache and close your browser completely to rule out a caching issue. Thank you for your patience during the outage and while we get everything back to 150%  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HonoredThieves7

How to make a currency bag

6 posts in this topic

I read/watched somewhere, that you can make a multiple currency bag using just events. I don't remember where I found this, and would like to use it again.

If anyone can help with this problem, I would really appreciate it.

What do you mean by currency bag?

An item, that will store gold?

Using an item, variable and some eventing should be enough to make it work I believe.

Yes. An item that can store gold, and other currencies. I think the item, variable, and eventing will work, I just don't remember how to do it so it does what I want.

Hmm.. It really depends on what functionalities you're planning to add.

Also I'm assuming, that MV's default stuff is similar to Ace's.

For example you could make an item, that in the description would be showing a variable. / Showing a variable in menus would also be doable, though that would require some small edits in scripts.

You could change the variable during the game.

For example, after battles adding party gold to the variable and removing party gold would do the thing. Before shopping, put a quick transfer from variable to party gold, to give the illusion, that the gold is counted from that bag. After shopping, transfer it back to the variable.

You could make multiple items with different variables, to store gems or other currencies. You could easily operate them through events.

Then putting a merchant that would be like this

"Hey there, I have a special item for you only for 40 gems!"

Then all you'd have to do is to put choice and conditional branch to check that variable...

Wouldn't that work?

>Sees OP's username.

I wonder if you have ulterior motives to search for that method... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyway, new things are learned everyday. Gotta check that video soon!

Edited by Jeanne d'Ys