RagingHobo

Upgrade Issue Thread

124 posts in this topic

Please post any issues you notice with the forum after the upgrade here.

Before doing so please clear out your browser cache and close out your browser completely to rule out any caching related issues.

I appear to have lost all the permissions that come with my Admin rank xD
I cant edit/delete/move posts/topics or post in locked ones.

WEIRD Mine work-kaz

Why are some notifications disallowed? What happened to our awards (for ex, I had an award for best eventer)?

mmmm, that's all I have right now lol

2 hours ago, Seriel said:

WEIRD Mine work-kaz

Mine are working and we are in the same group= mind you took me forever to find the mod tools!

Yeah they did, everything is moved around or just gone. Search still works though, somewhat helpful.

There no longer seems to be a way to manually edit a post's bbcode, which is damn near necessary for me sometimes.

Saeryen and Rikifive like this

4 hours ago, KilloZapit said:

There no longer seems to be a way to manually edit a post's bbcode, which is damn near necessary for me sometimes.

Unless someone out there has made a plugin for it since I've used IPS, there's not going to be an option for that. Kinda stinks. :(

This forum software has a live preview, i.e. 'what you see is what you get' style of posting, so you can use BB Code and it will work just fine, but it's gone as soon as you submit your post. At best, I think there's an option somewhere to allow HTML editing of posts, but I never really looked into it. 

All looks very good. Struggling to find some stuff but, as you say, it may just not be in place yet.

kaz likes this

14 hours ago, KilloZapit said:

That's a number one issue for me.

Considering, that this automatic WYSIWYG editor likes to glitch a lot- that would be perfect to have that feature.

Well, at least there seems to be the source mode.. That may work.

18 hours ago, Seriel said:

WEIRD Mine work-kaz

It seems to be working for me- though I can't moderate posts in this feedback area.

One more thing: when I try to place images inside already-made spoiler tags, they are instead placed at the beginning of the post, which messes stuff up.

@Saeryen How does that look life before and after posting?

This editor is kind of buggy when it comes to spoilers - Try using the button in the editor (the one with the eye icon) to add a spoiler box, then paste the image in it. That should work.

5 hours ago, Rikifive said:

It seems to be working for me- though I can't moderate posts in this feedback area.

You should be able to - I can and we  have the same settings- the options are at the top of the topic now.:ph34r:

Seems moderator options works ok

1 hour ago, kaz said:

You should be able to - I can and we  have the same settings- the options are at the top of the topic now.:ph34r:

Seems moderator options works ok

They always have been there. :ph34r: (along with the same options at the bottom, that are indeed gone)

Also, when you can moderate, you can see options in everybody's posts- edit, hide and delete. ;)

Now that's why I know, that I can't moderate, because I can't see anything. I can moderate in Ace section though. It may have something to do with assigned mods to areas, that used to be in IPB3. It probably kinda messed up things during conversion.

If you'll go to to ACP -> Members -> Staff -> Moderators, you'll see extra settings applied to particular members (us, staff members). I've noticed, that everything is disabled there, but I can enable that myself. That's kinda funny. I can't see you on that list, kaz, probably that's why you have the settings from the group restrictions. Either way, there is need to do some cleaning later. :P 

In the meantime, I've secretly modified how the 'Location' is displayed under user profiles in posts. Previously it was for example: LocationUK, now it is Location: UK, which looks better I believe. Also I've added extra few buttons to the editor, because I use these a lot. (remove format; spoiler; inc/dec indent and also brought back changeable font). :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Lord Vectra said:

I forgot. My question was never answered.
"Why are some notifications disallowed? "

That's probably an unexpected side effect of the upgrade, considering, that there are forced e-mail notifications in some cases, that even I don't like. That will be fixed later. :P 

kaz likes this

So my question is where the activity feed went off to, I can't find where people's stupid little microblogs went! Those were great!

13 minutes ago, Lord Vectra said:

"My activity streams."

What is that?

Oy, you're right Vectra.

People should pay you.

1 minute ago, Chaosian said:

Oy, you're right Vectra.

People should pay you.

??? I still don't know what Activity Streams are....

This kinda thing happens a lot when you upgrade software, sometimes you just have to give it time. I mean I liked the older style more too, but it's not really a democracy here, and there are probobly lots of reasons why upgrading was necessary behind the scenes too.

Hehe, you know just the other day I decided to download a whole bunch of mods for a slightly newer version of Minecraft, and the hassle of finding what mods updated and what ones didn't is always a pain. Kinda reminds me of the forum. But you know, sometimes it's worth it for fun new features.

Edited by KilloZapit

4 hours ago, Lord Vectra said:

??? I still don't know what Activity Streams are....

From what I can tell, Activity Streams are basically a way to manage content you're following. The default streams show you a list of posts in topics you're following, your own posts, etc., and then you can also create a new stream to see a list of content with particular tags, or posted by particular members. 

6 minutes ago, Amysaurus said:

From what I can tell, Activity Streams are basically a way to manage content you're following. The default streams show you a list of posts in topics you're following, your own posts, etc., and then you can also create a new stream to see a list of content with particular tags, or posted by particular members. 

aaaahhhh, ok