• Announcements

• RagingHobo

Forum Upgraded!   07/17/2017

We have successfully upgraded our forum to the latest version! Some things have moved around but don't worry everything is still there, we still need to find updated versions of the plugins we were using previously to restore everything to the way it was. There will be a running topic in the Feedback and Support in case you notice something wrong. Before you do so please clear your browser cache and close your browser completely to rule out a caching issue. Thank you for your patience during the outage and while we get everything back to 150%  
Elemental Crisis

Item Encyclopedia

20 posts in this topic

Script Name: Item Encyclopedia

Author: White Demon / White Mage (English Translation By: Elemental Crisis)

Version: 1.0.0

Number Of Scripts: 2

Description:

This script will add an item encyclopedia to your game.

Screenshots:

I'll update the screenshots later.

post-6-0-26322700-1324295089_thumb.png

Instructions:

Make sure both scripts (Item Encyclopedia - Script AND Item Encyclopedia - Settings) are placed above MAIN. To call the Item Encyclopedia, use the following:

SceneManager.call (Scene_ItemDictionary)

The script pulls all required information from the database so there's no need to manually add items to it as items are automatically added once acquired in game. If you'd like to manually add or remove entries from the Item Encyclopedia use the following.

i_dictionary_switch_on(n)	  Add Item "n" to the Item Encyclopedia.
i_dictionary_switch_off(n)	  Remove Item "n" to the Item Encyclopedia.
w_dictionary_switch_on(n)	 Add Weapon"n" to the Item Encyclopedia.
w_dictionary_switch_off(n)	 Remove Weapon"n" to the Item Encyclopedia.
a_dictionary_switch_on(n)	 Add Armor"n" to the Item Encyclopedia.
a_dictionary_switch_off(n)	 Remove Armor"n" to the Item Encyclopedia.

To exclude certain items from appearing in the Item Encyclopedia, place the following in the notes box for the item you don't want added to the Item Encyclopedia.

<Exclude>

As shown in the screenshot, each entry in the Item Encyclopedia has the ability to display "Notes", place the following in the notes box.

<Note:Your Message>

Change the "Your Message" part with what you'd like shown.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: When can I view the Item Encyclopedia?

A: The Item Encylopedia becomes available once an item has been acquried.

Q: Why isin't item X shown in the Item Encyclopedia?

A: Initial equipment for playable characters (Added via the database) is not included nor is any equipment already equipped on playable characters that join the party.

Q: I used a script to add items to my party, how come they aren't shown in the Item Encyclopedia

A: For items to show up in the Item Encyclopedia, they must be added via the event commands.

Translation Comments

I didn't have the time to fix the alignment and position of the text in the script. If anyone does fix this please post the updated information so I can edit this post, proper credit will be given. There was another command available that I simply could not get to work. It's supposed to display/change the current completion rate of the Item Encyclopedia.

$game_variables[n] = item_dictionary_perfection

If anyone gets this working please let me know.

Script:

Item Encyclopedia - Settings.txt

Item Encyclopedia - Script.txt

Chaos17 likes this

Sadly I can't get this working. Where do I put SceneManager.call (Scene_ItemDictionary) ?

Create a new event, on the 3rd page click "Script" located at the bottom and put that in.

is there a way to add it to the list in the main menu screen during game play, so that i can open/close it as if it were a status screen or menu screen

Virus likes this

is there a way to add it to the list in the main menu screen during game play, so that i can open/close it as if it were a status screen or menu screen

I would really like this answered as well, I just want to press a button for this to pop up

I would really like this answered as well, I just want to press a button for this to pop up

If you want to have it be able to pop up, then the easiest way to have it whenever is to make it an Item. To do this, you Must use a common event. here's how to do it.

1. Make an item and name it whatever you want.

2.Go to the database's "common events" tab.

3.Name the event whatever, then make sure the trigger is set to "none".

4.Then add SceneManager.call (Scene_ItemDictionary) by going to "Contents" to "Event Commands" then page 3 then "Scripts"

5.Make an Item with whatever name and make it have no scope and NO on consume. (Who would want to eat a book?) Customize to whatever floats your boat.

6.In effects, You go to other. then "Common events" then select your scripts.

7. Place the item somewhere where your character can acquire it, and use the item and voilà. You have just made yourself a portable Item Encyclopedia.

Is there a way to add more than a single line of notes? Is there a way to make a line break or something?
When I write an item's description, I can't get to make it a paragraph. All text always appears on the same line (not showing completely either, since it exceeds the window).

I've changed the display_width in the script to suit my needs, but what I want to know is how to make line breaks.

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, I've just found out how.

Here's the example for those who wish to know:

<Note:This is your first line of text.>

<Note:A second line of of text should appear if you do that.>

<Note:Same goes for third line and beyond.>

Great script by the way!

Edited by TheDrifter

having probs with it i think it is linked to the upgrade script who makes items unique.Is ther a way to make it ony refrance it once ??made me like 99999 items in the eq secontion...  Plz

is it possible to add the encyclopedia to the in-game menu after you find the encyclopedia in game instead of having to go to Items--->Key items--->Item Encyclopedia?

is it possible to add the encyclopedia to the in-game menu after you find the encyclopedia in game instead of having to go to Items--->Key items--->Item Encyclopedia?

I'd like this answered as well if possible.

*edit* My question was answered. Ty!

This would go well with Syvkal's crafting script. Great work EC!

Edited by zalera_95