Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inoa

Hello, I'm new here.

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I'm Inoa, 32 (ouch!) years old, been working on a game with RMMV for almost 12 months now.

Thought I would come here and share about it among other things. :)

Hope you're all doing well !

Hello there!

Is that your first game project or have you worked on something before RMMV? :) 

Welcome to the herd!

6 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Hello there!

Is that your first game project or have you worked on something before RMMV? :) 

Welcome to the herd!

Hi Rikifive,

This is my first game, always been a dream and decided to give it a shot early this year.

The game is almost done and it has been a great learning experience. :)

Rikifive likes this

People say, that if you're working on your first game, make it relatively small and simple, just to get some experience and know the basics. Spending a year on that first game also works I guess. :D

I've took a look at your project and it sounds interesting, good luck with finishing it! :) 

On 11/14/2017 at 9:08 AM, Rikifive said:

People say, that if you're working on your first game, make it relatively small and simple, just to get some experience and know the basics. Spending a year on that first game also works I guess. :D

I've took a look at your project and it sounds interesting, good luck with finishing it! :) 

Thanks for your kind words.

When I started my project I thought " I'll probably be done in 6 months".

A couple months later I was probably more like " wow, that's...a lot of work...a game..."

No regrets though, as a long life gamer,  it was an absolutely fantastic and humbling experience to be on the other side.

Rikifive likes this

Just like me. :D I also thought it will be relatively quick and even easy to make a game I wanted, but I was approaching it more seriously along with progress, which made it take ages in the end. :P I still haven't finished my first and the biggest project, but I've made some smaller games in meanwhile.

I don't have regrets either- I always loved customizing things here and there. Making games like I want and creating content in general is a great experience, even if there are failures from time to time. I just love... creating.

I hope you'll never run into lack of motivation. ;) 

Inoa likes this