Tsukihime

Party Regroup

39 posts in this topic

Party Regroup

Author: Tsukihime

wGheJ.jpg

Overview

This script allows you to remove an actor from the party and leave the actor on that map. You can then talk to the actor to recruit again.

Features

• When an actor is removed, they are left at that spot
  • When you talk to them, they'll ask if you want to re-group

Usage

To drop someone off, use the script call

drop_actor(actor_id)

The party member will appear where you left her

When you talk to her, she'll ask if you want to join up.

This applies to any actor.

Downloads

Script: http://db.tt/EjpC2o2c

You can use this simple party manager as well: http://db.tt/dC5hOtqy

Edited by Tsukihime

What is the script call to remove a party member created with Actor Creation? Also, love the scripts. They fill a need that I didnt realize I had.

Until I create a party manager scene that will handle all sorts of random party-related things I have in mind, there isn't really a way to do it lol

Since the actors you create are dynamically created at run-time, you will need a script that will handle data that is created at run-time.

Edited by Tsukihime

Aha! Yea, I was looking and couldnt find it. ALL the party (except #1) are gonna be created this way, so being able to reference them by order of creation or some such would be awesome, thanks man.

You can use this temporary party manager in the meantime to experiment with the scripts.

http://db.tt/dC5hOtqy

All I I've implemented is basically actor removal. I'm not sure what to draw in the rest of the space as I've intended to leave it for inventory exchange between two parties.

Very nice, I am gonna try to get a script call to remove a specific actor. Thank you for the help and keep me in the loop.

Hm, maybe I have done something wrong but when I create 2 actors and use Party to remove one, then exit and go back to Party to remove the other, it re-creates the first one I removes them both. Am I doing something wrong?

I found that bug when I was switching maps and think I've fixed it, but it is a pretty rough fix and not sure if it handles all cases.

I'm adding some config settings that will allow you to designate which map the actor will be transferred to, and a set of x,y coords that the actor should be placed.

So for example if someone leaves your party he should be transferred to some guild house where he's sitting at a table or something.

Edited by Tsukihime

BOOM, nice. Ok...what is the script call to bring up the Party menu? I do not want it in the menu or maybe only in the Tavern. There is a script command, yea?

PS: Thanks again for the awesome scripts and help

Is there any way to delete the party members from the party list?

Delete as in, completely remove from the database?

Yes. Gone. Pokemon style of 'release'

I haven't added support because I can't think of a good way to go about doing it.

While browsing the commands in the script section for vx ace, I could find commands to remove a party member, but never delete. I don't even know if deleting them is possible. I was hoping that it was available so i could implement it in my game.

By default, remove actor is the same as "deleting" them from your party.

I just decided to make it so that instead of deleting them, you just leave them there.

I can move the "leave them there" somewhere else so you need to make a script call if you ever want to pick them up later.

oriceles likes this

By default, remove actor is the same as "deleting" them from your party.

I just decided to make it so that instead of deleting them, you just leave them there.

I can move the "leave them there" somewhere else so you need to make a script call if you ever want to pick them up later.

So technically, I can drop off somebody, have them warp to an unused map that is not accessible? Would this substitute for deleting?

Oh....would I get a problem if two or more actors are on the same spot??

Edited by DisturbedInside

I've updated the script. Remove actor will now remove them from the game until you add them again.

To drop them off, use the script call

drop_actor(actor_id)

The party manager has also been updated with a "delete" option.

There is no issue with having two people in one spot.

Edited by Tsukihime

I've updated the script. Remove actor will now remove them from the game until you add them again.

To drop them off, use the script call

drop_actor(actor_id)

The party manager has also been updated with a "delete" option.

There is no issue with having two people in one spot.

Thank you!!

Is there a way to call the drop actor within the party system script?    I keep getting undefined actor_id    I want an option to delete from within the party menu system, rather than relying on someone or an item to delete a party member. 

Or if this isn't possible: my possible alternative

Is there a way if I wanted to do a script call to be given a choice of those actors I can delete?  

Like:  

Choose a character to delete:  given a choice of all the characters total. 

Pick character 7.

Are you sure?  

Yes. 

Character 7 has left the party.

***remove character 7 from party and party list***

Please let me know. 

Maybe in certain Regions the event will delete itself and erase itself from the database...or if the map has a & in its name or something like that. Or the map HAS to have & in its name to safely remove the member and have them wait around, so the Inn would be the &Inn but everywhere else, the party member erases himself when you leave the map.

Yea?

I dunno. My thought to delete characters was to remove them from the party and then have them teleport to an unused map....

See that could work too. A map that you designate, like they make their way back to town and just wander. Or are you talking like removing them and in order to prevent them from ever being seen again, they move to a farm with your dog from childhood?

I've updated the script so that you can specify a custom map ID and x,y position for dropped off actors.

By default, actors will be dropped there if you choose to use it.

Or if this isn't possible: my possible alternative

Is there a way if I wanted to do a script call to be given a choice of those actors I can delete?  

Like:  

Choose a character to delete:  given a choice of all the characters total. 

Pick character 7.

Are you sure?  

Yes. 

Character 7 has left the party.

***remove character 7 from party and party list***

Please let me know. 

My party manager already has that built in.

Edited by Tsukihime

Crap!!!!! I can't figure out how to do this!

So if I take out the yanfly party system, will your script bring up a menu that allows me to delete??

Or, could you upload a demo or pictures please?? Thanks