• Announcements

• RagingHobo

Forum Upgraded!   07/17/2017

We have successfully upgraded our forum to the latest version! Some things have moved around but don't worry everything is still there, we still need to find updated versions of the plugins we were using previously to restore everything to the way it was. There will be a running topic in the Feedback and Support in case you notice something wrong. Before you do so please clear your browser cache and close your browser completely to rule out a caching issue. Thank you for your patience during the outage and while we get everything back to 150%  
Jet

Animated Battlers

49 posts in this topic

Animated Battlers

by Jet

Introduction

So, with the release of Ace, they stuck with the old default CBS. Though, Holder was making animated battlers, which looked awesome.

So I decided to make a script that allowed the use of those animated battlers, or others.

By default, it is configuraed to work with spritesheets like Holder's found here.

Features

- Animated Battlers

- Notebox driven

- Default choices as well

- Highly Customizable

- Highly Compatible

- Can be turned off with a switch

- And More...

Screenshots

27847178.png

Script/Demo

Text: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=4Gagm2mM

Demo: http://dl.dropbox.co...Battlers%29.exe

Again, the demo uses battlers from Holder, found here.

Credit

Jet

Holder if used with their battlers

sanggameboy, Ahmad, Miro and 3 others like this

So far, there are like 3 scripts for animated battlers and so forth, but they all lack some options.

Like in this script, what if i don't want my battler to move to the target?

What if i only want them to step forward either to the side or up, do an animation, then step back?

What if i want each pose row of animations to be different frames, like standing is 3 frames, while attacking is 5?

I have noticed this with a lot of these scripts, the options are limited...

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just pointing this stuff out.

Edited by Michael Ponder Jr

UPDATE

A host of new features has been added:

Per-Row configuration of frames and speed

States can specify specific rows to use

Can CHOOSE whether or not to have the battler slide to their target

Actor's animations can also now be flipped with a notetag

@Ponder: I'm pretty sure most of your things were just added right now :P

Is there any possible way to add more animation rows on top of the 14 we're given? And if so, can we set that animation row to trigger when using a specific skill or weapon? I looked through the script and couldn't figure out a way to do this. It looks like all we're given is a way to add an animation row for using custom state animations.

I think your script is awesome!!!!! I'll use it in my proyect ;)

Whatever, I'm wondering if theres a way to give a specific row to a specific skill, i think that will make this script even better.

Thanks man B)

I just asked that in the post before yours. Anyway, I don't think Jet pays attention to this script anymore. Wait for Formar's then ask him to expand upon it. You're more likely to get some feedback from him.

Script's not working for me. =\ I just pasted it into a new script under Materials and when I enter a battle, it doesn't work. It runs a regular battle. I also added a few battlers into the Battlers graphic folder.

EDIT

Sorry, I got the script working. -__-;

Edited by Mao

Er... I seem to be having some trouble with this script. If I use this spritesheet, what would the settings need to be?

2r6mr2h.png

EDIT:

I know enough to put tags in the notebox, but I don't know the settings.

EDIT2:

Nevermind, I got the battler working. Now I just need the actors to work.

EDIT3:

Okay, so, I've got the enemies moving. Animated. But they disappear when they attack. They don't move or anything, they just disappear. And my actor.. well...

w15xd1.png

SeewhatImean?

Edited by Asixex

Er... I seem to be having some trouble with this script. If I use this spritesheet, what would the settings need to be?

2r6mr2h.png

EDIT:

I know enough to put tags in the notebox, but I don't know the settings.

EDIT2:

Nevermind, I got the battler working. Now I just need the actors to work.

EDIT3:

Okay, so, I've got the enemies moving. Animated. But they disappear when they attack. They don't move or anything, they just disappear. And my actor.. well...

w15xd1.png

SeewhatImean?

You have to change the rows on the script and attach the notetag to the actor

Amazing script! Works a charm :)

But I was wondering if there was a way to show the weapon icon when the sprite is attacking normally?

If anyone can get back to me I would appreciate it.

Hey Jet, I'm using your script : D

But I wanted to turn it around, like, heroes to the left and enemies to the right... I thought it would be as easy as to just change the battlers position... BUT! they keep hitting each others... backside?

: P

What do I have to edit to fix that?

If my party kills themselves say from confusion or a skill I get an error saying "Script ‘Animated Battlers’ line 644: NoMethodError occurred. Undefined method ‘item’ for nil:NilClass"

hikick8 likes this

For some reason the enemies animated sprites work perfectly fine, but the player character is just showing the normal sprite. Additionally, when I go to take an action with my character, it says:

"Script 'Jet's Animated Battlers' line 598: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method "anim_pause='for #<Sprite_Character:0xaec0004>"

Any idea what the problem is? It seems like it is just having trouble recognizing the spritesheet or something. I have it saved as "Ero_animated" and I did put: "<anim battler: Ero_animated>" in my main characters notebox. Any help would be appreciated!