Jet

Simple Side-View

118 posts in this topic

Simple Side-View

by Jet

Introduction

As an alternative to fully animated sprites and such, I made this very simple sideview

for those who just want sprites shown and a little extra flare in their battles.

Features

- Sprites on Screen

- Lots of customization

- Plug-n-play

- Compatible with my Battle Pop-Ups

- And More...

Screenshots

74950246.png

Script

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=56GkAd0h

Credit

Jet

Steysel, Zales, Chaos17 and 10 others like this

Glad to see sideview is available for Ace =D

EDIT: Seems great, the only thing I would suggest though is the ability to change the direction the characters face.

Edited by Zerbu

The best feature you should add is to change it so the battle back is the same as the field. More or less, only ht ebattle HUD pops up and you fight directly on the map itself. It saves all the tedious map background making, and it's more original than most SBS's.

Ok, got it ;)

BTW Jet, thanks a lot!

PS: Sorry for the double post, Im new in this forum's thing, an admin could please delete my other post? Thanks

Edited by Dalrus

There is some compatibility issues with this and Yanfly's Input Combo script, but I've made a mod to fix that:

#==============================================================================
# This script fixes compatibility issues between Yanfly's Input Combo Skills
# script and Jet10985's sideview script.
#==============================================================================
class Scene_Battle
 #---
 def use_item(*args, &block)
#---
if @subject.is_a?(Game_Actor)
  #---
  if !@subject.current_action.guard?
	if !@has_moved
	  @subject.battle_sprite.move_x(11, -6)
	  @has_moved = true
	end
  end
  #---
end
#---
if !@subject.current_action.guard? && !@subject.current_action.attack?
  #---
  if @subject.current_action.item.is_a?(RPG::Item)
	n = $data_animations[Jet::Sideview::ITEM_ANIMATION]
  else
	n = $data_animations[Jet::Sideview::SKILL_ANIMATION]
  end
  #---
  @subject.battle_sprite.start_animation(n)
  wait_for_animation
  #---
end
#---
jet2711_use_item(*args, &block)
#---
if @subject.is_a?(Game_Actor)
  #---
	#---
	  if @has_moved
		@subject.battle_sprite.move_x(11, 6)
		@has_moved = false
	  end
	end
	#---
  end
  #---
end
#---
 end
 #---
end

Edited by Zerbu
Spoilering script.

@Dalrus: Don't double-post, you could've just edited the original one saying you fixed the problem. Also, I've been planning on expanding this anyways, but you'll just have to wait.

@Jason: I think he means he wants them as sprites that do all the walking too, so a static image wouldn't work.

@zerbu: Thanks. Hope you don't mind, but I put it into a codebox and spoilered it.

Dalrus likes this

I have only 1 character (2 for a bit) so having my battler up at the top of the screen is annoying and i tried to edit the x value from 80 to 200 it work for a second untill i attacked then this came up

Script 'Game_BattlerBase' line 722: TypeError occurred.

no implicit conversion from nil to integer

It works fine with 1 character but when two go in it crashes

could you please fix my problem

Original place

409259_272942016094297_140351719353328_722121_2069512233_n.jpg

Change Place

407155_272943152760850_140351719353328_722123_441695307_n.jpg

Can be made transparent when the character is a step forward? Or make it completely invisible?

I noticed a problem, every time the battler uses a normal attack, it steps forward, but it doesn't get back to the starting position after attacking, it keeps moving forward little by little in the next attacks, causing the battler to step over the enemies xD

@Rosenblack and pinka: I cannot replicate either of your issues. Please make sure you have the most current version, and that you are not experiencing a compatibility issue with a different script you are using.

I updated the script, and now the problem it's only the last sprite. In battle, you decide the action, the battler moves forward, but it doesn't get back to the initial position, causing the battler to go too far from it's initial position. I have Yanfly Battle installed as well, but i dont think that could really be the problem.immaginevwi.jpg

Look at the last battler position. This was taken after the second turn in battle, so that battler already made an action, but it didn't return to it's initial position, while all the others did. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Kite and oriceles like this

This scirpt it's awesome, nice work. i include it in my project, but I have the same problem of pinka, the battler is walking to front, and not backing after the action, i use the yanfly CBS also. And so i have one suggestion, what you think about include the icons of weapons in the animation of atack? like the another sbs, it's only one idea you know. well thanks for this, nice work man. and sorry for my english.

man,I REALLY liked this battle system! grats!...btw,how do I give cred to someone?