Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

This script allows you to combine and remove troops from battle. You can add other troops to the current battle, or add individual enemies from other troops. This allows you to create battles with many enemies, and you have full control over how they should be positioned by setting up the sprites in another troop.

In a battle with multiple troops, you can also remove an entire troop from battle.

The purpose of this script is to allow you to set up your troops using the troop editor, and then add them to battles without having to worry about how to place them.

enemyReinforcements1.jpg

Download

Get it at Hime Works

Usage

We begin with a troop

enemyReinforcements2.jpg

We would like to add more enemies to this battle, so we set up the second troop.
You will need to remember the "index" of each enemy, so it would be best to place them from left to right so.

In this example, the bat on the left is "enemy 1" and the bat on the right is "enemy 2", which is the order they were added.

enemyReinforcements3.jpg

Adding troops

The simplest way to introduce more enemies is to add an entire troop to the battle.
Use a script call
add_troop(troop_id)
And the entire troop will be added to the battle

enemyReinforcements4.jpg

Adding enemies

If you only want to add specific enemies from another troop, you can use this script call
add_enemy(troop_id, index)
enemyReinforcements5.jpg

Removing troops

You can remove troops from battle. If a troop is to be removed, all enemies from that troop will disappear.  They are not "defeated" so you would not receive exp or gold from them. Use the script call
remove_troop(troop_id)
enemyReinforcements6.jpg

Edited by Tsukihime, 16 March 2015 - 03:17 PM.

All of my work can be found on my website:

banner200x40.png

You can follow me on any of these platforms:

logo_facebook40x40.pnglogo_twitter40x40.pnglogo_youtube40x40.pnglogo_patreon40x40.pnglogo_instagram40x40.png

Go here for Bugs and Requests.

Want to become a beta tester for my plugins before they are released to the public?

#2 TacticsMan

TacticsMan

• 24 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

This seems useful. Is it compatable with Yanfly's scripts?

#3 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

It's just grabbing data from troops and putting it into the current battle so it shouldn't conflict.

banner200x40.png

logo_facebook40x40.pnglogo_twitter40x40.pnglogo_youtube40x40.pnglogo_patreon40x40.pnglogo_instagram40x40.png

Want to become a beta tester for my plugins before they are released to the public?

#4 TacticsMan

TacticsMan

• 24 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Excellent. I'll give it a shot.

#5 oriceles

oriceles

Professional Lurker

• 80 posts
  • LocationValencia, VE
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Then I can create a summoner skill by using the script call on a common event? or this is just to be used on the troop events?

#6 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

The script was done only with (troop) events in mind, but any event call should work as long as you are in battle. I don't know what happens if you are not in battle.

You are doing things like adding more enemies in a certain position without having to do any scripting or measurements (for accurate placement). Everything is done using built-in features.

You can use a common event to have enemies summon enemies into the current battle, placing the enemies in designated places.

Edited by Tsukihime, 21 January 2013 - 10:32 PM.

banner200x40.png

#7 supajackle

supajackle

• 7 posts
  • RM Skill - Pixel Artist

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Hello! First of all I love this script! Its a life saver. I'm having a little trouble with it though!

Screen%20shot%202013-02-11%20at%204.45.4

Two enemies are called Left Arm Monster and Right Arm Monster, but only Left Arm Monster's name shows up when selecting targets, you can select this empty space and hit the Right arm monster, but its name isnt visible. Can you help me figure out what's causing this? 

Thanks in advance :)

#8 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Issue has been fixed.

banner200x40.png

#9 thottee

thottee

• 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:33 PM

I like this script, but unfortunately the yami order gauge script don't show icons for these added enemies.

Somebody can help me for fix it?

Edited by thottee, 07 February 2017 - 09:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users