177 posts in this topic

CSCA Achievements
By: Casper Gaming (Casper667)
Last Update: July 25, 2013
Latest Version: 2.2.1

Introduction
This script creates an achievement system in your game.

Features
-Achievements!
-Can assign a reward for each achievement
-Can display a progress bar for each achievement
-Automatically earn achievements when progress bar gets to 100%.
-Can play an SE when achievement is unlocked
-Popup window when achievement is earned
-Able to use custom graphic in place of achievement window(size is 248x72), image will be resized if bigger or smaller.

Updates
Version 1.1
- Optimized script and made more compatible.

Version 1.2
- Added support for encyclopedia completion % achievements

version 1.2.1:

- Added score to achievements.

version 1.2.2:
- Fixed bug with progress not tracking items, armors, and weapons properly.
- Added the ability to use different icons for each achievement.

version 1.2.3:
- Added support for CSCA Currency System

version 1.2.4:
- Fixed bug not allowing items to be a reward with currency system.

version 1.3.0:
- Added progress tracking for CSCA Professions' profession level.
- Added progress tracking for discovered recipe's of any type in CSCA Crafting.
- Added progress tracking for CSCA Gathering node and nodetype data.
- Achievemwent popup windows set to 1001 Z (above Toast Manager toasts).

version 2.0.0:
- Complete re-write of the script. Setup is more user friendly now, and code is
a lot easier to understand/more flexible making future updates MUCH easier. Should
slightly improve performance as well.

version 2.1.0:
- Fixed bug when trying to display earned achievement with STOP_TRACK enabled.
- Added progress tracking for amount of achievements earned (and total points)! Now you can earn achievements while you earn achievements!
- Achievement information window now displays how many Points the achievement is worth.

version 2.1.1:
- Fixed bug with name_before_unlock not working.

version 2.1.2:
- Fixed bug with description_before_unlock not working.

version 2.2.0:
- Added achievements for total quests completed & specific quests completed.

version 2.2.1:
- Fixed bug with CSCA encyclopedia custom category achievement tracking.

Screenshots

Achievement Unlocked Screen:
achunlocked.png

Achievement Locked Screen
achlocked.png

Popup Window on Map
achpop.png

How to Use
Place in your materials section. Setup required. Instructions in script.

Script
Text file is found here(copy and paste everything into your script editor in the materials section): LINK
To easily add this script to the main menu, please use the CSCA Menu Organizer: LINK
Requires CSCA Core Script to work properly - Get it here!

FAQ
Q. How do I set achievements to true?
A. To set an achievement as true, use the following script call:
$game_achievements[achievement_id] = true
where achievement_id would be the same number as ACHIEVEMENTS[achievement_id]

Credit
Casper Gaming

Terms
http://www.caspergam...rms_of_use.html

Edited by casper667

THANK YOUR SOO MUCH! I BEEN WATING FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE THIS!

You sir will been VERY well known because of this

Edited by Virus

Oh sweet aquiring this now xD and myself among many others have been waiting for this although is it possible to display an image when an achievement is acquired? like with xbox achievements display the xbox icon to the left of the text?

Ok, Ignore that lol custom graphic in place of window will do the trick very nicely indeed. Thanks for this.

Edited by UltimateBoskonovitch
oriceles likes this

Oh sweet aquiring this now xD and myself among many others have been waiting for this although is it possible to display an image when an achievement is acquired? like with xbox achievements display the xbox icon to the left of the text?

Ok, Ignore that lol custom graphic in place of window will do the trick very nicely indeed. Thanks for this.

I want to request that feature too!achievetunlocked.jpg

I want to request that feature too!achievetunlocked.jpg

just make a Pic in Photoshop to use as the window and add the image to the picture. no need for an add-on just did'nt check the config of the script is all lol.

Edited by UltimateBoskonovitch

Is it possible to open up the achievement menu through a script call? I've tried SceneManager.call(Scene_CSCA_Achievements) but I get a script error.

Why is that link asking me to download an executable file if it's a text file?

It's an ad. Wait 5 seconds and then click "skip ad" in top right.

Edited by casper667

Amazing script... but... I don't get it. :P When I open a chest, how do I further my progress toward the achievement?

Including demo's with your scripts is always a plus.

Edited by beanbag

Amazing script... but... I don't get it. :P When I open a chest, how do I further my progress toward the achievement?

You have to assign a variable to the treasure chest, then go to the progress line, input the same variable ID that you used for that chest, and when it reaches a certain number, the achievement will be complete. To then show that you have unlocked so and so achievement, make a common event with $game_achievements[achievement_id] = true

where achievement_id would be the same number as ACHIEVEMENTS[achievement_id]

By default, it will track Variable No. 5, but I set mine to 200.

Edited by DanteSparda

Actually, you don't need to make a common event tracking the progress as the script will automatically turn the achievement to true and make the "achievement unlocked" window pop if the achievement has the PROGRESS array filled out(you'll need to manually do it only if there is no progress tracking).

I'll work on a quick demo, but it likely won't be done until friday since I have college all week.

You have to assign a variable to the treasure chest, then go to the progress line, input the same variable ID that you used for that chest, and when it reaches a certain number, the achievement will be complete.

Thank you!

Actually, you don't need to make a common event tracking the progress as the script will automatically turn the achievement to true and make the "achievement unlocked" window pop if the achievement has the PROGRESS array filled out(you'll need to manually do it only if there is no progress tracking).

I'll work on a quick demo, but it likely won't be done until friday since I have college all week.

Thank you again for making such a great script.

After so much hard work, I got a NameError. <_<

This is the line in question:

ACHIEVEMENT[0] = ["Treasure Hunter", "???", DESCRIPTION[0], DESCRIPTION[1], PROGRESS[0], nil, nil]

EDIT: Fix'd it.

EDIT # 2: After much screwing around and time-wasting, it appears that there is an incompatibility issue between this script and Khas's Lighting Effects.

Edited by DanteSparda

After so much hard work, I got a NameError. <_<

This is the line in question:

ACHIEVEMENT[0] = ["Treasure Hunter", "???", DESCRIPTION[0], DESCRIPTION[1], PROGRESS[0], nil, nil]

EDIT: Fix'd it.

EDIT # 2: After much screwing around and time-wasting, it appears that there is an incompatibility issue between this script and Khas's Lighting Effects.

Could you explain the problem a little better?

Could you explain the problem a little better?

I don't know how much clearer I can get with a compatibility error, but here goes nothing, I suppose.

This error occurs when CSCA Achievements is running. In the corner of the map, there is a Parallel Process event that is supposed to dim the map, and the torches should be lit like this:

When CSCA Achievements is not running, the event works fine and the torches are lit.

The script order goes like this:

"Khas Awesome Lights"

(blank spot)

"CSCA Achievements"

"CSCA Snippets"

I'm not sure what the default overwrites are for Khas Awesome Lights, but I doubt it has anything to do with referencing the map. However, I discovered the compatibility issue after playing through my game with the Achievements Script running.

It seems to work fine for me if you paste the Light Effects script under my Achievements script.

Edited by casper667

I hate when the problem is caused by improper script placement.

So much.

<_<

But anyways, thank you for taking the time to listen to the mad ramblings of an ungrateful asshole like me.

Edited by DanteSparda

This script is incompatible with Victor Engine Actor Battlers 1.06, citing a NoMethod error on line 312 of Actor Battlers when this script is used and the player enters a battle AFTER creating a save file and loading it.

It's a very weird way for an error to occur, but I tested it thoroughly and this script is the one breaking the other, whether it's placed above or below Actor Battlers 1.06.

Any chance of a fix?

Yes, I am currently going through most of my scripts and fixing/optimizing them and will be releasing the updated versions soon.

Okay, script has been updated. Should be compatible with VE Actor Battlers now :)

Edited by casper667

Hello. I'm going for 'trophies' over 'achievements,' and I'd like the icons for the trophies to be specific. (I.E. Unlocking a bronze/silver/gold trophy). Is there any way you can add that feature? Or is that possible already? Since I've only found the one option for "Icon when unlocked" and "Icon when not unlocked."