Tsukihime

Water-walk state

12 posts in this topic

Water-walk State

-Tsukihime

This script allows you to "walk on water".

You designate a "water tile" using terrain tags, and then you can pass through it if your "water walk" state is on.

Usage

Database:

1. create a waterwalk state, and set the ID in the config.

2. choose a terrain tag, and set your water tiles in your tileset editor, then set the ID in the config

Two options

-Leader only. This means only the leader needs to have water-walk state in order for you to walk on water. Otherwise, everyone needs to have the state.

-Drown damage. This means you don't actually need water-walk state to walk on water, but anyone that doesn't have the state will take drown-damage. I mean there's nothing really stopping a non-swimmer from jumping in the water.

Download

Script: http://db.tt/RYrBHh48

Notes

This is a simple implementation.

For tile passability, it assumes if it's a water-tile, and you have water walk on, you can cross it.

Might need a more complex check though, but I can't think of any use cases.

Edited by Tsukihime

Is it possible to make specific events to walk on water?

would like fish to touch me but at the same time , those fishes could swim.

Edited by Sievn

Should be able to give them the "Through" passability on their event pages, and by making them below the character it can make it seem like you're walking over top the fish.

Should be able to give them the "Through" passability on their event pages, and by making them below the character it can make it seem like you're walking over top the fish.

Well through technically allows the fishes to swim, but I would like them to be able to touch me :/

as if they were solid.

Is it possible to make the state permanent? never to be removed?

my goal is to have a player receive a boat as an inventory item, and at the same time the water walk state. and so when the player steps on the shallow water

tiles i can event it so the graphic changes to the boat. and when they do not have the state they cannot pass through. but it doesnt work for me if the state gets removed after recovery.

or maybe like a water walk inventory item.

- okay so i solved my problem through eventing but now without this state i am receiving damage when crossing a bridge over water

Edited by raisedfromthedead

I can't get this to work. I could before, but not now. I made a new project. Made State 26. Turned the sea tile to Terrain Tag 1. Set an event to add state 26. Tried to walk. Couldn't. So I'm confused.