• Announcements

• RagingHobo

Forum Upgraded!   07/17/2017

We have successfully upgraded our forum to the latest version! Some things have moved around but don't worry everything is still there, we still need to find updated versions of the plugins we were using previously to restore everything to the way it was. There will be a running topic in the Feedback and Support in case you notice something wrong. Before you do so please clear your browser cache and close your browser completely to rule out a caching issue. Thank you for your patience during the outage and while we get everything back to 150%  
Tsukihime

Event Trigger Labels

13 posts in this topic

This script allows you to divide an event list into multiple sections using labels.

An event with multiple sections will only execute the section that was triggered.

This allows you to create different behaviors for the same event depending on how the event was triggered. There are many different ways to divide an event list

• Pushing a button, for example the C button or the X button.
  • Using a key item.
  • Touching an event
For example, one button might allow you to talk to an NPC, while using a keyitem on the NPC allows you to trigger a special set of commands.

key_item_trigger3.JPG

eventtriggerlabels2.jpg?w=640

Download

Get it at Hime Works!

Edited by Tsukihime
SixShotSamael, KayDgirl91 and Wren like this

Wow, thank you! This is exactly what I need :3 You're a scripting beast!

So when I saw this, I thought it'd be perfect for an option where someone says something and you pick your reply based on an emotion, like, "Angry Response, Happy Response", that kind of stuff.

But when I actually tried the script, it basically just skipped the labels and played the whole thing, making the character say something nice, then angry, then happy, then bored, it was awkward..

Not really sure what I did wrong, was hoping maybe you could let me know.

*Picture removed*

Edited by -sigma-

I've updated the script to support key inputs whose names are greater than 1 character (eg: F5).

You will need to use a full input script if you want support for any keys outside of the ones the default engine gives you (F1, F2, ...)

I have tested it with cidiomar's full input script on F1 F2 and it works fine now. Even obscure keys like :HOME and :CTRL work. Basically every key is fair game as long as it's bound to the engine.

Edited by Tsukihime

It still doesn't wait for me to input anything, it just goes right through the labels and plays everything. *sigh*

Guess I'm just going to have to do it the hard way through eventing. :(

Try it in a clean project this script overwrites a bunch of things.

And do it with a simpler set-up, using standard keys like :C and :B. While it shouldn't matter, at least you can verify what you're typing is valid.

Are you sure F1 and F2 are valid keys? cause it's normal to just fall through labels that don't mean anything to the script.

Edited by Tsukihime

No dice, just tried it in a clean project, turns out you can't use this script in mid conversation. The button inputs have to be to activate the event.

It would work for something like a stealing mechanic, where you press a certain key to steal from people, but for what I'm after isn't it.

Maybe I could pester you for something like what I'm after? Lol.

I have updated the script to support key item trigger labels. Think chrono cross.

You can now use a key item to trigger an event.

1: choose a "key item variable" in the configuration. This is only important if you are going to use the event command "select key item" to force players to choose a key item. Otherwise this is not very relevant (and by default you can see I use an arbitrary variable...)

2: choose a "key item button", which is the key you press in order to open up the key item selection window.

3: setup your event trigger labels for your key items.

Use the label

keyitem?(x)

Where x is the ID of the key item you want to trigger this event.

key_item_trigger3.JPG

Select an item (cute coins is item 16)

key_item_trigger1.JPG

Triggered!

key_item_trigger2.JPG

Edited by Tsukihime

No dice, just tried it in a clean project, turns out you can't use this script in mid conversation. The button inputs have to be to activate the event.

It would work for something like a stealing mechanic, where you press a certain key to steal from people, but for what I'm after isn't it.

Maybe I could pester you for something like what I'm after? Lol.

Sigma I had the same problem as you. Tsukihime forgot to point out that you have to set the trigger for the event to "Action Button" (which makes sense since we do the same, just with multiple keys instead). And also for some reason the automatic "exit event processing" of the script doesn't work, so before each label insert the "exit event processing" and you should be up and running.

A new type of label has been added: "trigger?"

eventtriggerlabels2.jpg?w=640

These are available if your event trigger is "player touch" or "event touch".

If you touch an event, then the event will run the "player touch" section.

If an event touches the player, then the event will run the "event touch" section.

If you trigger the event using a button or key item, the appropriate section will run (same as action trigger)

Edited by Tsukihime

I'm starting to become a Tsukihime stalker, checking every thread or post...

I am glad I am because I keep finding awesomesauce scripts like this one!

Teehee.