Raizen

Lune Frontal Battle System

27 posts in this topic

Lune Frontal Battle System

Compatibility :good

difficulty: easy

lag caused: medium

Use conditions

Can be used and distributed, but don't change the credits, if it is a comercial project, there is a need to talk to me before.

Script Details

* Close ranged weapons make the character run toward the enemy

• Magical Skills have cast animation.
  • Compatible with almost all Ace Battle Add-ons.
  • No images necessary.
  • No necessary extra sprites.
  • Instructions on the script.

Script.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=d1AaxDXj

Videos

I think it is best visualized by videos istead of images.

Without any add-ons.

This second video is using a patch with many add-ons from Areksu, atoa, VitorJ

Download this pack here.

http://ateliercross....-person-battle/

Download

Not necessary

Credits

Raizen

Edited by Raizen884

I'm impressed by the simplicity, Good job Raizen.

Thanks, the idea was to be simple to use, but still show some good actor movements xD, thanks for the comment.

is there a way to not have them run to the enemy if they're doing a physical attack?

Yes, on this line here. Just putting the IDs of the weapon classes that you do not want to have the run toward enemy animation.

# Weapons with distance
# Remembering this is the ID of the weapon classes.
Weapdist = [6, 10]

Kai Joseph likes this

Love this system; simple and effective. In fact it has been tempting me to switch away from my current battle system and implement this one with a few other supporting scripts.

My only complaint is that it can get a bit crowded with certain battle backs using current troop placements...

post-12671-0-71441100-1346272389_thumb.png

Edited by Besus

Love this system; simple and effective. In fact it has been tempting me to switch away from my current battle system and implement this one with a few other supporting scripts.

My only complaint is that it can get a bit crowded with certain battle backs using current troop placements...

I have a version that automatically reassembles the party to be centralized, but I've formatted the PC and I need to find with the person I made this implement for D:, if you needed I'll try to get it for you.

Quick question, what is the math to allow for 5 party member all being on the screen?

The same thing I said above, sorry for the long time to I answer, I have formated the PC so big problems with it, that kept me from answering the questions quickly, sorry for the long time for the answer. I'll get that version and update it here, so all the battlers will be centered.

This is cool... I'm using the same battle style for my game (that I been working on since March :( ) except that I used different scripts ( Behind-View Battle System-By Jet and efeberk, Yanfly Engine Ace - Victory Aftermath and a couple of MOG scripts). I might need to just use your script that way I will only have one script instead of 3 or 4 etc...lol...but anyway, I love your script. :)

post-14842-0-83611400-1351798653_thumb.png

I have a version that automatically reassembles the party to be centralized, but I've formatted the PC and I need to find with the person I made this implement for D:, if you needed I'll try to get it for you.

I was referring to the enemies themselves. I already played with the spacing of the characters a bit, but they were never the main concern. Having to move the enemies so close to the characters makes things feel very congested with certain battle backs. Does anyone know of a script to apply just the zoom effect on the battle backs much like the Tankentai system does to alleviate this issue?

I was referring to the enemies themselves. I already played with the spacing of the characters a bit, but they were never the main concern. Having to move the enemies so close to the characters makes things feel very congested with certain battle backs. Does anyone know of a script to apply just the zoom effect on the battle backs much like the Tankentai system does to alleviate this issue?

All I did was re-size the enemies (skeletons) using *GIMP* and it seem to work (Look at my image). But I didn't re-size the scorpion tho, just pushed it back a little.

@Raizen884: Eek, I wish I knew where to begin for that. I've paged through to look but that script is such a mess to decipher; especially when you're like me with no experience in Ruby. The best I can do is play with an already provided work and alter minor things through experimentation. No worries though, I can certainly make it work. :)

The only "request" I would have is to add a stepping animation to the characters to make it feel more, alive, for lack of better words. Or maybe because I'm old fashioned and like stepping animations. :P

This might work for my current project.

I'll be looking at this closely in the next few weeks, thanks for making this, Raizen884.

I must say, the simplicity of the script is amazing! There is finally a script that show the character battlers and that gets along with all the other battle scripts that I'm using! This is really amazing and I'm so glad I decided to go through the script forum. Raizen, you're awesome

I'm sorry for posting in such an old thread, but I have a question regarding the script.

Although I like this system, is it possible to get a version where the character stands still when it's selected and when it guards? Maybe just make the character flash instead of making it move?

@Ninja: Thanks friend, anything else just call x).

I'm sorry for posting in such an old thread, but I have a question regarding the script.

Although I like this system, is it possible to get a version where the character stands still when it's selected and when it guards? Maybe just make the character flash instead of making it move?

There xD, didn't make the flash though D:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=qzL7y4fm

I saw someone said that my unison item script has an issue with your FBS script which is only the one picking unison skills(more than 1 actors pay skill costs for using a single skill) will have casting animation with id Castid.

I tried to make a snippet to address that:

class Scene_Battle < Scene_Base

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  #  Rewrite method: show_normal_animation                                     |
  #----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  def show_normal_animation(targets, animation_id, mirror = false)
    animation = $data_animations[animation_id]
    if animation
      onecast = true
      targets.each do |target|
        @target = target unless from_distance?
        if !Lune_Frontal_Battle::Nocast.include?(@subject.current_action.item.id) and onecast
          abs_wait(Lune_Frontal_Battle::Casttime)
          @subject.animation_id = Lune_Frontal_Battle::Castid 

# This part is added by this snippet to make all unison actors have cast animations
          if $imported["DoubleX RMVXA Unison Item"] && @subject.current_action.item.unison_item
          @subject.current_action.item.unison_actor_id.each { |actor_id|
            next if $game_actors[actor_id] == @subject
            $game_actors[actor_id].animation_id = Lune_Frontal_Battle::Castid
          }
          #

onecast = false
          abs_wait(30)
        end
        @bitmap[target.index].opacity = 0 if target.actor?
        target.animation_id = animation_id
        target.animation_mirror = mirror
        abs_wait_short unless animation.to_screen?
      end
      abs_wait_short if animation.to_screen?
    end
    @target = nil
  end

end # Scene_Battle

It added some codes in the method show_normal_animation under class Scene_Battle to set the animation id of all actors involved in unison skills as Castid. Now all actors involved in unison skills will have that cast animation.

I want to know if you'll allow me to post this snippet elsewhere or you'll integrate the above change into your script, or you'll just disallow this snippet to be distributed. I want to have your permission first.

Edited by DoubleX

Well your snippet xD, you can choose the best alternative.

With me there is no problem with any of the choices :P, maybe in your posts would be easier for people to find, I don't know xD, but no problem distributing that.

Ah about the frontal battle, its kind of an old script xD, maybe cof* cof* its not that well written, but anything you need just call :D

Ah also, if you do wish I can put on the main post also ^^