• Announcements

• RagingHobo

Forum Upgraded!   07/17/2017

We have successfully upgraded our forum to the latest version! Some things have moved around but don't worry everything is still there, we still need to find updated versions of the plugins we were using previously to restore everything to the way it was. There will be a running topic in the Feedback and Support in case you notice something wrong. Before you do so please clear your browser cache and close your browser completely to rule out a caching issue. Thank you for your patience during the outage and while we get everything back to 150%  
estriole

suikoden
EST - ENEMY / ACTOR POSITION v 3.2 (SCOPE_CONDITION)

80 posts in this topic

EST - ENEMY / ACTOR POSITION v 3.2
* Suikoden Front row / Back row, Flying, etc *

Creator name : Estriole

Introduction
This script is to make certain enemies (using state) cannot be selected as target by normal attack / skill. only certain skill can (and if you use yanfly attack replace script. certain actor can select it too with normal attack.

(after Tsukihime give advice i completely rewrite the whole script. now it's abstract/modular enough i guess. it help scripters to modify this to add more states, add more scopes)

now this script almost become formation system + attack range of suikoden series.

Version History:

v 3.2 - 2014.08.08 > -  fix another bug with custom_smooth_target
                       -  add compatibility with EST - BRIBE AND BATTLE ROYALE SCRIPT

v 3.1 - 2014.02.12 > -  added patch by DoubleX for auto battle actor.

v 3.0 - 2013.05.28 > -  version increased by a lot because this is quite major update
                                   -  fix bug with custom_smooth_target.
                                   -  compatibility with moghunter battle cursor
                                   -  added scope_condition feature. this script can work with custom scope condition.
                                      you could notetags:
                                      <scope_cond>
                                       b.name[/slime/i]
                                      </scope_cond>
                                      to make skill that only target enemy containing 'slime'  in the name. warning notebox is small...
                                      using this new feature make we easily create 'new' scope.
                                      search
                                      "NEW FEATURE FROM v.3.0"
                                      in script header for detail
                                   -  added scope description text when using yanfly ace battle engine
                                      you can set the chosen item/skill to shown custom text rather than
                                      using "All Foes". give notetags to the skill/item:
                                     <scope_desc>
                                      All Enemy You Hate
                                      </scope_desc>
                                      it will shown "All Enemy You Hate" if the skill/item scope is for_all?
                                      this used as combo with scope condition

v 2.3 - 2013.03.29 > - patch for enemy will pick skill that have valid target if they have it instead picking skill that

don't have target.

v 2.2 - 2013.03.15 > -  add ability to modify any ALL scope to become random with numbers of target
                          you specify. ex: you set the scope to ALL BACKROW ENEMIES
                          then you give notetags <random: 3>
                          it will become skill that attack 3 random backrow enemies
                          more detailed instruction above KNOWN BUGS section.
  v 2.1 - 2013.03.14 > -  add configuration to disable the skill/item and attack command
                          when NO VALID TARGET for that skill. i put the configuration in the top most of the module
v 2.0 - 2013.01.23 > -  fix the M range. it's been long time i play that and forgot how it work.
v 1.9 - 2013.01.16 > - fix bug if subclass is nil
v 1.8 - 2013.01.11 > - add compatibility patch for yanfly weapon attack replace
> with yanfly class system to able use sublass attack skill
v 1.7 - 2012.10.01 > - add more scopes like suikoden series (including gun which is same as long range)
> - bugfix to yea attack replace patch that ignore the notetags at actors
v 1.6 - 2012.09.20 > - fix bug with dead friend issues
v 1.5 - 2012.09.09 > - Completely rewrite the whole script from the window, scopes, compatibility patch. but i
guess now it really compatible with other scripts. and it become so easy to add more
scope (ex: hit front and underwater?)
> - Added item support for scopes. now you can tag item to have the same scope with skills.
means... net item available now.
> - Added item / skill for friends. you can now use skill that hit your front row only or back row
> - Added more scope (friend related)
> - Several bugfix again since i rewritten this scipt
> - Removed the switch requirement
> - Since rewrite. script become only exact 1000 lines (ok i cheated a little at bottom). but have
more function. this shows how modular/abstract thing is better than hardcode (quoting
Tsukihime)
v 1.4 - 2012.09.08 > - removed the necessary to put the the skill id to array
> now only need to put scope tag instead
> - script level downgraded to easy now
> - add scopes to hit front row and back row (either row)
> - some logical bugfix for underground smooth target
> - add some bugfix when no yanfly script presents. when
> using skills without selection. even though no valid enemy
> exist. actor skill can select the skills and waste his
> precious turn hitting nothing.
> - some minor bugfix with either attack[all] can still selected
> after using all skill that have valid target.
> - add patch for yanfly attack replace script with bugfix
> to make the script work correctly (original has bugs
> when equiping weapon without notetags your attack skill
> is default regardless your class/actor attack skill
> - change the arrangement of yanfly attack replace priority
> from : weapon > actor > class to weapon > class > actor
> since it's more make sense. warrior hit using short range
> archer long range, etc.
v 1.3 - 2012.09.07 > - Add three more position : flying, underwater, underground
> - several scope targeting bugfix
> - some switch bugfix
> - make the all front row skill to be able to target back row when
> no more front row enemy
> - make the same with all back row skill and make suikoden style permanent
> - hopefully remove all bugs
v 1.2 - 2012.09.06 > - Fixed bug that make editor single enemy scope to only
> show front row only target
> - Added Yanfly Battle Engine v1.22 patch
> - Added Yanfly Enemy HP Bars v1.10 patch
> - Fixed some visual bugs
v 1.1 - 2012.09.05 > - Manage to fix the scope
v 1.0 - 2012.09.04 > - First release

Features

- FROM 3.0 above. CAN SET CUSTOM SCOPE CONDITION

- suikoden attack range series added *new
- can set enemy front row / back row using states
- can set enemy flying, underwater, underground using states

- can make skill to attack only front row[single]
- can make skill to attack only front row[all]
- can make skill to attack only back row[single]
- can make skill to attack only back row[all]
- can make skill to attack only flying[single]
- can make skill to attack only flying[all]
- can make skill to attack only underwater[single]
- can make skill to attack only underwater[all]
- can make skill to attack only underground[single]
- can make skill to attack only underground[all]
- can make skill to attack both row[single]
- can make skill to attack both row[all] (all skills see advanced instructions)
- have good algorithm for the scopes so when enemy dead before you hit it will
search only next valid target.
- prevent player to select non valid targets
- prevent player to waste his action (except if the dead enemy before strike
situation)
- now support item and friend scope
- you add it yourself... don't know what to add again :D.

Screenshots

normal mode
normalback.th.jpg

using yanfly battle engine
yanflyfront.th.jpg

my own version using yanfly battle engine + victor animated battle + moghunter popup
myversionh.th.jpg

How to Use
this script level is EASY now
See the header of the script

Demo

Latest Demo

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kelkxz527uaqtqo/New_Enemy_Pos.rar

This demo will be the most updated demo

Old demo

version 1.4 (hardcoded):
http://www.mediafire...g0vazp5900y0u3q

version 1.5 (rewriten)
http://www.mediafire...mzptfqv3k7u7q8e

version 1.9 (drop box link requested by sievnn)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/znj126focloqwvu/Enemy%20Position.exe

Script
http://pastebin.com/HLm5hJAk

Compatibility
- almost all script (i use yanfly, victor, moghunter, etc total about 120++ scripts)
- and i especially tailor this to compatible with yanfly battle system since majority
use that scripts.
- also made compatibility to yanfly enemy hp bar and yanfly attack replace

Credit and Thanks
- Estriole
- Tsukihime since i use his/her target scope script as base in my script scope and some help from him/her.
- DoubleX for his patch to auto battle actor

Author's Notes
Actually i made some formation system like suikoden. but since i use older version of victor animated battle + yanfly party script as the base to manage party and show them in combat. i cannot share it since no one can access the older version of victor animated battle anymore and his compatibility script...

Add on
make the position states permanent
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/7363-est-permanent-states-10/

Edited by estriole
AnarchCassius, JiM and Archeia like this

post if anyone have trouble

post if anyone have trouble or want some scopes to be created.

any suggestion also welcomed

bug report also welcomed.

Edited by estriole

Hey estriole, does this script work by setting scopes on weapons and not just skills?

Because I've tried putting the <scope: 82> tag in the notebox of all my close-range weapons, but they can all still hit back-rowed and flying enemies.

Is there a way to make it work with weapons (say I want spears and bows to have more range than swords) or is it just for skills and abilities?

Thank you for your help, your script looks very nice.

Edited by TheDrifter

why dont you just add the close range scope state to the weapon's features/traits

I'm sorry, but I'm not really sure what you're saying here.

Under the 'weapons' tab in the database, there is no option to set a scope for weapons. Now if you're telling me to add an element to the weapons, that won't work at all for me.

In my project, swords do slashing damage, and bows do piercing damage. If I make a "close-range" element that flying enemies are immune to, and I put it on my swords, they'll still be able to hit flying enemies for either half or full damage (because of the slashing element, I'm not sure if the game averages the two elements or simply takes the strongest against the enemy).

If you're telling me to add a "Close-Range" status ailment / state effect to my swords, then that'll just add that status to enemies. It won't be of any use at all for determining if I can hit the enemy or not.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if I can't use elements/attributes, states/ailments, or the Database itself to add a scope to my weapons, then the only way I could do that is with the notebox & script.

Is there something I'm missing? I'm not sure :(

basicly it's only for skill. no possible direct change to make the weapon automatically change scope using this script.

but i made yanfly attack replace script patch. so you can change the attack skill used by each weapon.

here's yanfly script. put it above my script

http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/gameplay-scripts/weapon-attack-replace/

i also fix the bug when equipping weapon class and actor attack skill ignored.

and change the concept is like this weapon > class > actor. means if you have attack skill mod in weapon it will ignore class and actor. and so on.

example knuckles weapon have tag

<attack skill: 10>

where skill 10 is skill that have scope 82. then the actor equipping those weapon will can only attack front row enemy.

so you must make normal attack skill for every scope and link the weapon to the correct skill.

knuckle -> front row only

spear -> either row

gun -> actually for realistic thing gun should be able to hit either row + flying but not underground and underwater. maybe i will create the scope later after all.

hope this help to your problem :D

basicly it's only for skill. no possible direct change to make the weapon automatically change scope using this script.

but i made yanfly attack replace script patch. so you can change the attack skill used by each weapon.

http://yanflychannel...attack-replace/

and change the concept is like this weapon > class > actor. means if you have attack skill mod in weapon it will ignore class and actor. and so on.

where skill 10 is skill that have scope 82. then the actor equipping those weapon will can only attack front row enemy.

so you must make normal attack skill for every scope and link the weapon to the correct skill.

spear -> either row

gun -> actually for realistic thing gun should be able to hit either row + flying but not underground and underwater. maybe i will create the scope later after all.

This is EXTREMELY AMAZING!! Thanks a lot!

My only concern here is... what about melee attacks made when your character doesn't have any weapon? Will an unarmed character be able to hit anything (underground, flying, etc.)

Nevermind, I just read the script, it's amazing! You can set the default attack for each class or actor.

I'll get some sleep and test it out tomorrow to check if everything works fine. Thank you so very much! You've just saved my project XD

Edited by TheDrifter

http://yanflychannel...attack-replace/

spear -> either row

This is EXTREMELY AMAZING!! Thanks a lot!

My only concern here is... what about melee attacks made when your character doesn't have any weapon? Will an unarmed character be able to hit anything (underground, flying, etc.)

Nevermind, I just read the script, it's amazing! You can set the default attack for each class or actor.

I'll get some sleep and test it out tomorrow to check if everything works fine. Thank you so very much! You've just saved my project XD

or just make skill 1 (default attack) to have scope you want (ex: front row scope since barehand is close range i guess :D). but you must edit your enemy in enemy editor to not use skill 1 if you want it to be able to hit back row actor :D. hope i explain it clearly.

v1.7 update:

fix some bug to my yanfly attack skill replace patch that made the notetags at actor doesn't change the attack skill even no class or weapon attack skill modifier.

copy the new script in first page.

added suikoden series scope

single enemy

short range : <scope: 97>

mid range : <scope: 98>

long range : <scope: 99>

all enemy

short range : <scope: 100>

mid range : <scope: 101>

long range : <scope: 102>

short range : if actor at back row, no valid target. if actor at front row, can target front row (knuckle weapon)

mid range : if actor at back row, front row target only. if actor at front row, can target either row (long sword weapon)

long range : actor could hit either row + flying wherever the position is. (gun weapon)

basically these 3 scopes target depend on the states of the user.

v 1.8 update.

this only small update.

added compatibility bugfix between yanfly weapon attack replace with yanfly class system.

now the order of the attack skill used is like this:

weapon1 > weapon 2(if dual wield) > class > subclass > actor > default attack id

I have some skills & items in my project that I'm unsure what tag I should give them.

Sparkler, grenade
- Skill that hits 1, 2, 3 or 4 random enemies on front row only.

Boomerang, shotgun

- Skill that hits 1, 2, 3 or 4 random enemies on either row (but not flying enemies).

Fireworks, shower of arrows / missiles, machine gun

- Skill that hits 1, 2, 3 or 4 random enemies (no matter what row they are, even flying enemies).

Well I guess I don't have to tag anything for the last one, just set the scope in the database like I normally would, but as for the other ones, no matter what I tag them, they never hit enemies randomly, or if they do, they ignore whether they're on the front row, back row, flying, underground, or underwater.

Are skills targeting random enemies something the script can't manage? Or is there something I've missed?

Adding this to the new Master Script List. PM me and let me know if I miss any related scripts as I have a lot of catching up to do.

v2.0 updates.

fix the M range.

since i last played suikoden is long time ago. i forgot that M range can only attack front row when they put at front.

thx to hytporsche69 for pointing that out via pm. :D.

A question...

So in order to tag the enemy with front/back row, you have to add states on beginning of the battle that is added with scope note for the enemy intended? Could you gave me an example? I'm really at lost here and the header didn't really help much.

EDIT: Solved it with Auto-State, so it could be also applied to enemy, isn't it?

Edited by darkro90

the way you add your state is up to you. the back row is determined by having 'back row' state. :D.

i pm you some answer and some snippet i wrote (EST - AUTOBACKROW).

don't forget states removed upon death. so you need to make it permanent using any permanent state script.

i currently rewritting my est - permanent states to make it better. :D. but old version still able to do it's purpose.

I have some skills & items in my project that I'm unsure what tag I should give them.

Sparkler, grenade
- Skill that hits 1, 2, 3 or 4 random enemies on front row only.

Boomerang, shotgun

- Skill that hits 1, 2, 3 or 4 random enemies on either row (but not flying enemies).

Fireworks, shower of arrows / missiles, machine gun

- Skill that hits 1, 2, 3 or 4 random enemies (no matter what row they are, even flying enemies).

Well I guess I don't have to tag anything for the last one, just set the scope in the database like I normally would, but as for the other ones, no matter what I tag them, they never hit enemies randomly, or if they do, they ignore whether they're on the front row, back row, flying, underground, or underwater.

Are skills targeting random enemies something the script can't manage? Or is there something I've missed?

sorry... missed reading this. by default this script not support random target. but it can be added as new scope. you need to understand scripting to able to do that. when i have time i will update this script to have scope that use random targeting. currently busy writing suikoden rune scene script :D.

sorry... missed reading this. by default this script not support random target. but it can be added as new scope. you need to understand scripting to able to do that. when i have time i will update this script to have scope that use random targeting. currently busy writing suikoden rune scene script :D.

random scopes would be a very welcome addition.  (x random enemies in x row)

regardless, this is a very nice script.  Especially the fact that it goes off of states which we can change at any time.  (yanking flying enemies out of the air so the whole party can get to them)

Just found a bug, looks like whenever you pressed the "No Valid Target" button that appears whenever there's no valid target, the name of the character you're currently control will be bolded along with MP and others. Here's the screenshot:

0uuwtQL.jpg

Also, is there any way to disable any action on the "No Valid Target" button? I think it's better for the button to do nothing when pressed instead of going back to the main battle turn menu.

@darkro: currently i'm busy. (got lots of job to do :D). but i will look your bug report after i'm finished my job (about 2 days if no problem occur).

and can you tell me what battle system you use? and any script that alter battle status window. it would help me alot to fix this problem you're having (it might only need reset font setting command added somewhere).