• LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

Tsuki Action
-Tsukihime

This is just my version of Game_Action.
It addresses some issues about the existing design that I don't like.
I will be using this in future scripts and will ask you to download this script as well.

I will also be updating this script when I need something new from it.

You should place this above any custom scripts since I am overwriting lots of things (eventually).

Info

Things that I've added/changed

-scope is stored with the action. That is the scope of the action, and is only relevant to that action.

-repeats is stored with the action. The number of times you repeat the action should be relevant only to that action.

-success_rate is stored with the action. In case you want to add some extra modifiers to the success rate.

-speed is stored with the action.

-Methods that previously accessed the RPG::Skill/Item object for the above variables have been changed to access the current action's variables.

Download

Script: Download here

Notes

Might come up with a better name later. Can't really think of any nice name for the script.

Edited by Tsukihime, 09 March 2016 - 03:04 PM.

All of my work can be found on my website:

banner200x40.png

You can follow me on any of these platforms:

logo_facebook40x40.pnglogo_twitter40x40.pnglogo_youtube40x40.pnglogo_patreon40x40.pnglogo_instagram40x40.png

Go here for Bugs and Requests.

Want to become a beta tester for my plugins before they are released to the public?

#2 Ravenith

Ravenith

Abandoning projects since 2001

• 104 posts
  • LocationGreece
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:05 AM

I like where you're going with this. Have you considered storing the user and the target too? I can think of a few ways this could be used along with Force Action.

#3 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

Yes, I would like to change the targeting system.

I mean, the current one works: store the index, and then just figure out which unit to grab it from based on the action's scope since the default system assumes you have two units in battle: your party, or their troop.

But what if it's not a two-unit based battle? What if there are three units? What if there are more?

Aside from array indexing, the next problem is the fact that you assume it is just that: a bunch of arrays. That does not take into consideration the position of an enemy. You can't have things like targeting empty space. There's no concept of "back row" or "front row". No distance between different battlers. You can't have one battler in position 1 and another battler in position 4. You can't have battlers outside of the battler (like in Star Ocean where you just had to place people in a separate row)

But in order to write a system that will capture all of that does not seem to be very easy.
What's your idea?

Edited by Tsukihime, 29 September 2012 - 09:48 AM.

banner200x40.png

logo_facebook40x40.pnglogo_twitter40x40.pnglogo_youtube40x40.pnglogo_patreon40x40.pnglogo_instagram40x40.png

Want to become a beta tester for my plugins before they are released to the public?

#4 Ravenith

Ravenith

• 104 posts
  • LocationGreece
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Whoa. Creative juice overflow? I was merely thinking of a way to store, say, the user and target of the last action performed, then use those values in a force action event.

Simple Example: If [Last Target] knows [Counter] skill, then [Last Target] uses [Counter] targeting [Last User].

There might be another way to do this, I don't know. It's just a simple example of the top of my head.

#5 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

I would probably change how actions are stored.

Each battler has an array of actions [A1, A2, ... ], but the game simply takes the first one and deletes it from the array. When there are no more actions, then the battler has "finished" his turn.

But let's say we don't want to juyst delete it. Let's store it somewhere (like a history in photoshop so you can undo/redo) so that you can actually go and ask what you did one turn ago, two turns ago, 10 turns ago, ...

Then the last action is pretty easy to do: just ask what you did one turn ago, and you have all of the information you need. However, your target might have died already, but that is not important.

Edited by Tsukihime, 29 September 2012 - 11:31 AM.

banner200x40.png

#6 Ravenith

Ravenith

• 104 posts
  • LocationGreece
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

Sounds pretty neat. With some eventing, one could do some badass battle mechanics.

#7 ekomega

ekomega

Advanced Member

• 268 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

Just wanted to mention an incompatibility with Yanfly's Ace Battle Engine.  You guys both rewrite use_item, and this causes a conflict.  It's pretty easy to fix, and the way I did it was just copying his use_item into your Action script, except for keeping the one target section you changed.

#8 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

Thanks for the heads-up :)

banner200x40.png

#9 bloodyliao

bloodyliao

Advanced Member

• 85 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:16 AM

Just wanted to mention an incompatibility with Yanfly's Ace Battle Engine.  You guys both rewrite use_item, and this causes a conflict.  It's pretty easy to fix, and the way I did it was just copying his use_item into your Action script, except for keeping the one target section you changed.

I wonder why I can hardly handle it even if I copied the  use_item from Yanfly's Ace Battle Engine into Tsuki-Action.

If I put the  Tsuki-Action as well as Double Cast above the Yanfly's Ace Battle Engine,  there's no double cast at all.

However, if I put Tsuki-Action as well as  Double Cast below the Yanfly's Ace Battle Engine,  not only the character with the double cast state would cast several times (four times), the others without double cast state will also cast 2 times....

How can I fix it?

#10 tiagoms

tiagoms

Advanced Member

• 40 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

I have a problem...
On all battle, with the "Action Script", all atacks is "miss".

see the picture.

This is normal?

Attached Files

Edited by tiagoms, 17 June 2014 - 08:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users