Tsukihime

Double Cast

13 posts in this topic

Double Cast

-Tsukihime

This script allows you to designate states that will increase the number of times you repeat your skills.

While it is called "double cast" it does not mean you can only double the number of times you repeat a skill.

Usage

Tag a state with

<repeats: x>
For some integer x.

When the state is applied, any skills you use will be repeated that many times.

For example, if you use "fire" and it repeats once, then it will hit the enemy once.

If you have a state that gives you double cast, then the "fire" skill will hit the enemy twice.

If the state gives you triple cast, then the skill hits 3 times.

Repeat bonuses are multipliers. If your skill originally hits 2 times, and you have double cast, then you will hit 4 times in total. If you have triple cast, then you will hit 6 times, because you are basically using the skill 3 times.

Download

Script: Download here

Required: Tsuki Action

Edited by Tsukihime

I've changed the script. If anyone has seen the original version of it, they'll notice that there's a bunch of stuff added to Game_Battler and Scene_Battle.

Those are now gone. I've moved all action-related logic INTO the action itself, so when you set your skill, it will determine how many times it repeats at that time.

I'm still new to VX Ace and all, but what's the difference between this script and the "Repeat" option in Skills? Is it just that the State will cause the repeating, and not the skill itself?

Edited by Ashern

Sorry for the necropost, but is there any way to use this as a standalone? Tsuki Action script seems to be conflicting with another script or two that I really need... :/

Aww :/ Thanks anyway. Especially for your always fast responses! :) And it's not a terrible script! I just happen to have eleventy-billion other scripts running. There's bound to be conflicts lol. I might have successfully constructed a workaround anyway... I'm using Yanfly's Follow-up Skill script. It's not as clean-cut, but essentially I've duplicated all skills I want to be "double-cast". Then I still the <follow up x> tag in the first skill, then set x to the duplicated skill (as to avoid infinite follow-ups lol). It's a sloppy reconstruction, but it seems to work decently enough for the time being.

Is it possible to make a tag so that you can decide which skill types are doubable? Like <repeat_type: x> where x isn't the number of times you repeat the skill, but the skill type id, like "magic".

It doesn't sound difficult but someone else will have to add it as I'm not really interested in working on the action-related scripts using the "Tsuki Action" core script.