csca
CSCA Infinite Balloons

10 posts in this topic

CSCA Infinite Balloons

By: Casper Gaming (Casper667)

Last Update: October 7th, 2012

Latest Version: 1.0.0

Introduction

This script will allow you to use more than the default limit of 10 Balloon icons in your game.

Features

- More balloons

How to Use

Place in your materials section. Plug and Play.

Script

Text file is found here(copy and paste everything into your script editor in the materials section): LINK

Credit

Casper Gaming

Terms

http://www.caspergam...rms_of_use.html

Edited by casper667

I promise I'm not a noob when it comes to the maker but I. Guess I am when it comes to Ace. I can't figure out what an icon ballon is exactly. I also don't have the maker in front of me so forgive me if it's something real simple to figure out on my own. I'm assuming they are those emotion bubbles you can add above an event but I can't see that having an only ten limitation. I could be wrong :P. she'd some light?

You are correct in knowing what they are. By default, you can only have 10 emotion balloons max. According to the help file:

Balloon Icons (Graphics/System/Balloon.png)

A file containing the icons to display when running the Show Balloon Icon event command.

The size is fixed at 256 × 320. Arrange 8 patterns × 10 types of balloon icons, each of the size 32 × 32 per pattern, therein.

This script removes that limitation by allowing you to use multiple different Balloon Icon sheets of the same fixed dimensions(to avoid breaking existing balloon icon sheets). I also wrote this in the hopes of more balloon icons being created by artists, since I think a major factor in why we have so little custom balloons was that the original 10 were well done and fairly irreplaceable, and there was no way to have more than 10(that I know of at least).

Edited by casper667

Terribly sorry to bring this up after all this time but I am a noob to RPG maker. I don't really have the slightest clue how to use this but I really want to. I already have a sheet with another set of balloon icons called "Balloon2". I just don't know how to get this to work. I've copied the script into the materials section of my editor by selecting "Insert". I'm just not sure what to do or expect after that. If anyone can help at all I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Markial

i must be missing something when i read the instructions for the script, but i cant seem to find how to make the icon appear at the player in the script call. what am i over looking?

I'm hoping the creator of this will be able to get back to me or anyone else who can help. But if not at least I tried right? xD; So, I have this plug-in here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/737-followers-move-routes/

And I have your lovely creation here as well. Sadly, you can imagine the dilemma I currently face. Since my second character is a party member and not an event I can't get any of the extra balloons to appear over his head.

Now, I know in order to have the balloon appear over the player's head you go -1 and so I tried -2 in hopes it would connect to my second party member. But no such luck. Is there anyway to fix this? Or some kind of add on plugin that I don't know about. xD Thanks in advance!