• LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Effect: Blue Magic
-Tsukihime

effect_blueMagic.jpg

This script adds "Blue Magic" effect to your armor.
You can learn any "blue magic" skills that are used on the battler.

Download

Script: Download here
Required: Effect Manager

Usage

Tag your armor with

<eff: blue_magic>
Tag any skills that should be treated as blue magic with

<blue_magic>

Edited by Tsukihime, 09 March 2016 - 10:54 PM.

All of my work can be found on my website:

banner200x40.png

You can follow me on any of these platforms:

logo_facebook40x40.pnglogo_twitter40x40.pnglogo_youtube40x40.pnglogo_patreon40x40.pnglogo_instagram40x40.png

Go here for Bugs and Requests.

Want to become a beta tester for my plugins before they are released to the public?

#2 estriole

estriole

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 1,999 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

i guess most people would like to able to use class too as blue mage. since blue mage is already a class :D.

Edited by estriole, 09 October 2012 - 10:56 PM.

#3 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 7,120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

I'll look at extending effects to actors, classes, and enemies. But only after I do some more research.

banner200x40.png

logo_facebook40x40.pnglogo_twitter40x40.pnglogo_youtube40x40.pnglogo_patreon40x40.pnglogo_instagram40x40.png

Want to become a beta tester for my plugins before they are released to the public?

#4 WCouillard

WCouillard

Sanubian Menace

• Ace Member
  • 1,188 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

Why does EVERYONE who makes a Blue Magic script ignore healing Blue Magic spells? Nobody will ever learn them if they have to be used on the Blue Mage by the enemies, unless there's another script allowing the enemies to use healing spells on actors.

1) Add in a notetag that allows Blue Magic spells to be learned by seeing them (so healing spells can also be learned).

<bluemagic hit>
<bluemagic witness>

Something like that, where hit refers to being hit with the spell as the only way to learn it, and witness allows the Blue Mage to learn it by seeing it. If you want to be even more in-depth, you can tag states to disallow the witness effect (such as Petrify, Confuse, Zombie, Stop, etc.). This way the actor must be actually able to see and process what they are seeing.

FF6's Lores were learnable in this way.

Could also add in a <bluemagic drain> tag for a skill like FFX's Lancet, which sucked out learnable Blue Mage skills from enemies without them having to use them at all. Would have to add a notetag to enemies, I guess. Something like <bluemagic drain skill: n>.

My Completed Scripts: http://pastebin.com/u/WCouillard

Final Fantasy Discovery: http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/4071/

#5 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 7,120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Why does EVERYONE who makes a Blue Magic script ignore healing Blue Magic spells?

Because it's easier. If you're going to allow learning skills by simply them casting it, then you're going to have to run a check through every battler and see if anyone has an ability to learn it.

It would not be feasible as an effect because effects are generic and if you have 200 effects you're going to be checking 200 effects everytime something is cast.

banner200x40.png

#6 LucidK

LucidK

Lucid Bliss

• Ace Member
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

In FFVII with the Enemy Skill materia, to learn buffs and heals you actually had to take control of the enemy and force them to use the skill on your actor with the Enemy Skill materia equipped. If there's another script for controlling an enemy (which I'm sure there is) there is your blue magic healing+buff spells and a cool strategy all in one. :)

Posted Image

#7 estriole

estriole

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 1,999 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

i also have raised the question to blue mage. this class seem a little bit passive from my point of view. in my game i change the blue mage system to not by hitted by the enemy skill. but by hitting enemy (yes yanfly enemy skill steal script + tomiaky copy skill script). it's because i like it to be active and take the initiative. but some final fantasy series wouldn't agree with me. since the uniqueness of the blue mage is how hard it learn it's skill. and i also agree with that since my new concept is a little bit too easy to learn the skill and not sound like blue mage anymore. and the best point of original blue mage is. he learn skill not only by witnessing the skill in action. but also must feel the skill cast upon him/her. that's sound some macho class to use LOL.

if you want it to able to learn by seeing the action in skill. it's not macho anymore :P. if by only observing and learn the skill, the system won't be blue mage anymore. it would be breath of fire observe/examine command system instead. just name the class observer :P.

#8 WCouillard

WCouillard

Sanubian Menace

• Ace Member
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Doesn't matter whether or not it's "macho" to get hit with it over seeing it. There needs to be an option for learning healing Blue Mage skills in these various Blue Magic scripts other than "install a script that lets you manipulate enemies."

#9 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 7,120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Sure, if you can suggest a way to efficiently check that without iterating over 200 effects everytime you use a skill...

Of course, that's if you're implementing it using effects.
A stand-alone blue magic script can just check the blue mages in the group.

Edited by Tsukihime, 11 October 2012 - 01:37 PM.

banner200x40.png

#10 WCouillard

WCouillard

Sanubian Menace

• Ace Member
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Well for yours, I suppose you could only have it check a skill TYPE by it's ID, which are set up in the database under Terms. That would at least narrow down the number of checks it would perform. But I'm thinking more along the lines of a standalone Blue Magic script. I've seen two different ones, and both of them ignore healing spells (one even forces the spell to damage you to be learnable, making status spells ignored as well).

#11 mouser

mouser

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

Doesn't matter whether or not it's "macho" to get hit with it over seeing it. There needs to be an option for learning healing Blue Mage skills in these various Blue Magic scripts other than "install a script that lets you manipulate enemies."

Confuse your enemy and hope he heals you. Blue mages are about the most versatile classes in every FF game, it isn't like the class can't function without healing.

Having a means to control your enemy is probably the easiest (and best) way to accomplish what you want. You're not lagging up every battle checking for conditions that probably won't be there, and you also get the benefit of using that control to learn "harmful" spells as well - this was the only way to get some of those spells (or at least to get them early in the game) in a couple FF titles.

I'd love to see it attached to the actor rather than the armor, but I'm not going to say it isn't usable that way. In some ways it's better - sort of like a dual class character.

#12 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 7,120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

I'll extend it to actors when I am satisfied with the library. It is trivial but I want to throw some stress tests at it.

Controlling an enemy would be nice, but the act of controlling an enemy itself turns out to be another problem on its own.

I have not tried it yet and have some idea how it will work, but it is quite limited and only allows you to choose an action.

Edited by Tsukihime, 11 October 2012 - 06:29 PM.

banner200x40.png

#13 LucidK

LucidK

Lucid Bliss

• Ace Member
  • 447 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

That's fine. Every game I have ever played that allows you to control an enemy is exactly that. When it is the turn of whichever actor is controlling the monster, it just shows a list of that monsters abilities to use and asks who you want to use it on. It doesn't give you the item, etc. menu.

Posted Image

#14 WCouillard

WCouillard

Sanubian Menace

• Ace Member
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

Confuse your enemy and hope he heals you. Blue mages are about the most versatile classes in every FF game, it isn't like the class can't function without healing.

Having a means to control your enemy is probably the easiest (and best) way to accomplish what you want. You're not lagging up every battle checking for conditions that probably won't be there, and you also get the benefit of using that control to learn "harmful" spells as well - this was the only way to get some of those spells (or at least to get them early in the game) in a couple FF titles.

I'd love to see it attached to the actor rather than the armor, but I'm not going to say it isn't usable that way. In some ways it's better - sort of like a dual class character.

Enemies do not use skills when Confused. They only attack.

#15 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 7,120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

You would need to change two things

1: make enemies choose other skills instead of just choosing attack. Trivial
2: invert scope of all skills. Again, trivial with invert scope scripts.

Edited by Tsukihime, 12 October 2012 - 07:49 AM.

banner200x40.png

#16 WCouillard

WCouillard

Sanubian Menace

• Ace Member
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

Haven't found an Invert/Toggle Scope script yet that works with VE Animated Battle without breaking it.

#17 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 7,120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

You'll have to ask victor to make one since target systems are heavily based on the battle system itself.
As far as I can see it is not possible to write a generic targeting system that can be applied to any battle system.

Edited by Tsukihime, 13 October 2012 - 02:21 PM.

banner200x40.png

#18 supernovas2709

supernovas2709

• Ace Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

I sometime kinda confused. How by hit by some magic, we can learn it? BoF3 skill learning system is something different. You learn enemy's skill by choose Examine command in battle and the skill will be learn when the examined enemy use the skill. There's also a chance that we failed to learn the skill.

#19 twitchycolt

twitchycolt

• Ace Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

It doesn't seem like anyone else is having this problem, so I figured I would ask.

This script and the effect manager have been placed into the game. And the character does learn blue magic- however, they learn EVERYTHING they're hit with, whether or not it has been tagged with <blue magic>. Is there anything you could think of that might be causing this to happen? 

#20 Pikalyze

Pikalyze

Writing Fanatic

• Ace Member
  • 136 posts
  • LocationIn a Apple Tree.
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

It doesn't seem like anyone else is having this problem, so I figured I would ask.

This script and the effect manager have been placed into the game. And the character does learn blue magic- however, they learn EVERYTHING they're hit with, whether or not it has been tagged with <blue magic>. Is there anything you could think of that might be causing this to happen? 

Well, I guess blue mages are becoming more adaptable so they can learn everything :P.

Sorry, I don't know. Maybe Tsukihime can explain, but I'll test it out later and see if I run into the same issue.

Nothing really?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users