• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Feature: Level Requirements
-Tsukihime

This script adds a max or min level requirement to your equips.
If your actor's level is greater than the max level, then you can't equip it.

Download

Script: Download here
Required: Feature Manager

Usage

Tag your weapons/armors with

<ft: max_level_req x>
<ft: min_level_req x>
For some integer x.

Edited by Tsukihime, 28 March 2016 - 11:35 AM.

All of my work can be found on my website:

banner200x40.png

You can follow me on any of these platforms:

logo_facebook40x40.pnglogo_twitter40x40.pnglogo_youtube40x40.pnglogo_patreon40x40.pnglogo_instagram40x40.png

Go here for Bugs and Requests.

Want to become a beta tester for my plugins before they are released to the public?

#2 mouser

mouser

Advanced Member

• 87 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

Return of the Newbie Sword!!! :)

#3 OffeNDer

OffeNDer

Advanced Member

• 114 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

i am using both Level and Gender Requirements, 

and i would like to ask is there a script to show up the level requirements with gender in the item ?

i mean when the player going to item and go to the sword for example, it show the stats of sword along with level and gender requirements 

#4 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

I don't think there is one.

banner200x40.png

logo_facebook40x40.pnglogo_twitter40x40.pnglogo_youtube40x40.pnglogo_patreon40x40.pnglogo_instagram40x40.png

Want to become a beta tester for my plugins before they are released to the public?

#5 ultima

ultima

• 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

Not sure if this can be done.

What im looking for is a script that does the following: when the character whos lv is (5) for example, tries to 

go to an area with lv (10+) creatures in it, he/she will get the following warning. "Caution: Creatures beyond

this point are more powerful than your current level. Do you still wish to proceed?" Choices: Yes,No.

That way the player is warned before going into a higher level area.

I hope that didn't confuse anyone :)

#6 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

You can do that using regular eventing and conditional branches and checking whether the player's level is less than 10.

banner200x40.png

#7 pYmba

pYmba

• 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:26 AM

Hey, I was wondering, what happens if equipped weapon has, lets say Level 5 requirement, but enemy uses skill that reduce actors level. I'm talking about your script - Effect: Level Down. Wouldn't that be useful, if following weapon (equip) is auto unequipped when it doesn't match Level requirement?

#8 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

Probably. I imagine it would use the default engine's functionality where "unequippable" equips are removed automatically.

banner200x40.png

#9 pYmba

pYmba

• 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:55 AM

Probably. I imagine it would use the default engine's functionality where "unequippable" equips are removed automatically.

Maybe you can/will make one, by the amount of posts and scripts you have made, I assume you are really into this and know like ton about scripting. I don't know anything about scripts, so I can't say than this "idea" goes for whole new script, or simple add on. If you care to make one, but not in nearest future, then maybe I have to make request. Because I haven't really found one that auto unequips items when they don't match requirements.

#10 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

So it doesn't actually un-equip things that don't meet the level requirement?

banner200x40.png

#11 ultima

ultima

• 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

Tyvm appreciate it. :)

#12 pYmba

pYmba

• 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

So it doesn't actually un-equip things that don't meet the level requirement?

You mean items that are unequipped when state effect is applied?
Well as I see it in my imagination, both your scripts, (Level Requirements and Level Down) enables cool features, first makes actors unable to wear stuff, if they are below required level, and second adds new state effect which reduces actors level, making it a lot weaker. In theory, if someone has both your scripts, then in battle facing opponent while having Level Down state applied, actor shouldn't be able to use equipped items that are over its level. The same way as you can't lift car without muscles and propper workout. So I assume, yes, as long as state effect is active actor can't get any benefit from "unequipped" items, as if actor was "barely naked", but can equip different items. After state effects is removed, items are reequipped. But I don't know if its easy for game system to remember originally equipped items, cause it also need to swap back items used instead of unequipped.

#13 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

To me it doesn't make sense to have this special exception where only in battle, the level requirement does not behave consistently. If your level goes down, and you're no longer able to equip it, then it is removed. You can put it back on after battle, or if there's a command to put it back on during battle that would also be an option.

Level requirements basically mean if your level does not meet the requirement, then you can't wear it.

Edited by Tsukihime, 13 December 2013 - 02:12 PM.

banner200x40.png

#14 pYmba

pYmba

• 19 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:27 AM

To me it doesn't make sense to have this special exception where only in battle, the level requirement does not behave consistently. If your level goes down, and you're no longer able to equip it, then it is removed. You can put it back on after battle, or if there's a command to put it back on during battle that would also be an option.

Level requirements basically mean if your level does not meet the requirement, then you can't wear it.

Right, exactly as you said, that's what I meant, but got lost explaining. I have seen such thing in big RPG's but can't recall in which one, curses or poison reduced strength permanently, and I couldn't equip fancy stuff anymore, but I need to keep in mind we are talking about turn based battle, so its different than real time.

I understand that, but the thing is, for example, players tend to give their character the best stuff - at LV20 they wear LV20 +/- stuff. And as a gamer it's pain in ... if in middle of battle character can't hold his LV20 sword, and need to wield LV1 kitchen knife. For me, it seems a bit hardcore option, to become not only weaker but also "unarmed" in battle. But that might be only me. :lol: I like crazy options for options and ring slots! :D

#15 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

I have not thought about how one might actually SAVE any removed equips, since the equip removing functionality happens all the time for any reason (your slot has been sealed, your weapon type has been sealed, etc), and having to distinguish removing an equip based on a level down *effect* would be difficult to keep track of.

If it were a level down *state* where you can actually attach things to the state (for example, equips that were lost when the state was applied), then that might work...maybe.

However, that is outside of the scope of this "level requirement" feature.

banner200x40.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users