Tsukihime

feature
Enemy Exp

7 posts in this topic

Feature: Enemy Exp

-Tsukihime

This script allows you to set the amount of exp you receive from an enemy.

It can be positive or negative.

The amount of exp you receive from the enemy is the sum of all enemy_exp features, if any, or just the enemy's normal exp. They are mutually exclusive.

Download

Script: http://db.tt/BMdiTaar

Required: Feature Manager

Usage

Tag database objects with

<ft: enemy_exp x>

For some integer x

What kind of uses would you put to this aside from the negative XP aspect? (which even that I'm kinda grasping for straws at what use you could need this for)

Maybe I'm just not creative enough?

(which even that I'm kinda grasping for straws at what use you could need this for)

If I remember correctly, someone on these forums once brought up the idea of discouraging the player from killing a certain type of foe - that is, by causing the player to lose hp, money, or exp for killing the enemy.

I don't remember why I wrote this as a feature (probably to show off the feature manager), but I think it would be possible to do amusing things like

base enemy EXP: 10

some state: +50 exp

another state: +100 exp

So you can make a twisted game where you get more points just for adding states to the enemy before finishing it off.

Edited by Tsukihime
Bunni89 likes this

Wow, that's an awesome idea!! I'd love to see a game with some of these EXP twists, it'd be an incredibly entertaining mindscrew since nobody's really ever done it before. We just take for granted that every enemy is gonna give us the same fixed amount of points! This would really shake things up and give a bit more strategy to the whole process.

Plus it's just fun imagining how surprised a player would be if they were going in for a blind run XD It'd be as crazy as if potions reduced your health or breaking into people's houses and stealing thier stuff was actually punishable by law!