Tsukihime

effect
Shapeshift

40 posts in this topic

Effect: Shapeshift

-Tsukihime

This script allows you to transform a battler into another battler while the effect is active.

An actor can change into another actor, an enemy can change into another enemy.

The battler will gain the skills and commands of the transformed battler while in the new form.

Level does not change. Base stats do not change either.

Use features on your transform state(s) to provide bonuses.

Download

Script: http://db.tt/w6rMpl8J

Required: Effect Manager

Usage

Tag your state with

<eff: shape_shift id>

Where id is the battler ID you want to switch to, depending on whether the target is an actor or enemy.

Edited by Tsukihime

So, I tried using this..I believe I set it up correctly, but it doesn't change the battler graphic on my actor. It gives me the skills for the one I want him to change into, just that the graphic doesn't change. :o

This script is not compatible fwith vics animated battles this error will occur

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/197/5etlnboiiiliayjkpcgeui.mp4/

sorry my computer not leting my take a screen shot so I had to make a 2 second video just pasue it after it starts to see the error.

is there any other way to take screen shot without using the prnt screen button?

yes I am I believe I have two characters set fpr vics animated battlers I have one that transfprms into the other I made a demo state for this trasnfomation by placing

<eff: shape_shift 2>

since there are 2 actors there in both id one and two I don;t see why it wouldn't work I equiped my skill with the state so am I doing this wrong?

That would be it.

Not sure I didn't customize his battle script so maybe there is something more to it but I just tried the basics (without any customization) and it worked fine. Except enemies there was some sort of animation ID error but I don't think that is related.

Edited by Tsukihime

Your shape shift script is not working as expected.

I've added the following code to the Note on the State I want.

<eff: shape_shift 11>
<eff: change_actor_graphic 11 true> 

11 refers to an actor with a different class with different skills (including the one to remove the state in question).

When the character goes into the state, it fails to change class ( I think) and obtain the class's skill (including the one to shape shift back).

Other scripts and plugins I've used are -

• (YES) Battle Symphony for side-view battle
  • (Tsukihime) Effect Manager for obvious reasons
  • (Tsukihime / estriole) Change Graphic to change sprite of actors when shape shifting

I've attached a demo for you to inspect and tell me if I'm doing it wrong.

ShapeShiftDemo.zip

Edited by CodenameD

I've updated the shapeshift script to copy over character name and index.

It correctly changes class now, and will initialize your skills so that you will get all the skills that you should know.

You don't need the change graphic script anymore.

Your updated script is working better now. And the fact that it is now integrated with the change graphic feature is a huge plus. But as it seems, there is a tiny bug.

You see, when an actor changes state and reverts back, the actor also unequips any weapon he/she were previously equipped with. This also causes any skills that require an weapon to be disabled upon reverting back.

In the attached demo, the default actor is equipped with an axe. After he transforms back, the axe is unequipped for some reason and the skills that depend on the axe are also disabled.

I hope you look into it.

The attachment contains a demo using the most recent version of your shape shift script as of yet. The modified change graphic script is now removed.

ShapeShiftDemo.zip

Edited by CodenameD

Yes, that is expected. When a girl transforms into a huge dragon it would be normal for her clothes to be ripped apart and when she returns to normal her clothes would be in pieces.

But I have updated the script so that it will remember what you were wearing and then put it back on after the transformation sequence.

There is an issue where if your transformed actor had less HP, when you turn back, your HP is not restored.

I am not really sure if this is an issue or not though. I mean I could always set this as an option, but it's probably easier for developers to figure out how to remember the HP/MP themselves.

When a girl transforms into a huge dragon it would be normal for her clothes to be ripped apart and when she returns to normal her clothes would be in pieces.

Oh my.

Great script - opens up a whole lot of possibilities. Thumbs up for you sir.

The script works absolutely perfect now. Thank you for your fast updates.

And yes while it is realistic that the shape-shifter be losing their gear after shape shifting, my concern was weapon dependencies of skills they use. Because after you revert, many of your skills can be pretty useless. Plus you had to reequip everything you unequiped afterwards. All that made shape shifting a bit penalizing for the player.

You can also modify the script to make the gear loss optional via a configuration for those seeking to create a more realistic experience.

About the regaining HP issue after reverting, you can leave it as it is, since I have no problem with it. Or you can make it optional too. I've chosen to leave it as it is due to possible exploits if the HP is restored:

Say an actor has 1000 HP with 400 HP remaining. They shape-shift into something with say- 300 HP and then revert back. Unless further checks are in place, the script will assume the actor to be in full HP and restore their HP- all thousand of it!

Besides its quite understandable if you feel weaker after returning to your "Weak" human form.

Edited by CodenameD

I wanted to add a "Berserker" transformation on use of an ability that would drain the TP over time. Has anyone found a method or script to revert the shapeshift once TP reaches 0%, i.e. lose state upon TP=0?

Edited by Dark Horseman

awesome script. I will have to use that for a remake of a game that I had been making on xp a while back. but that script might need major tweaking for my game.

I wanted to add a "Berserker" transformation on use of an ability that would drain the TP over time. Has anyone found a method or script to revert the shapeshift once TP reaches 0%, i.e. lose state upon TP=0?

You should look for a way to remove a state when TP is 0. The state determines whether you transform or not.