• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Feature: Attack Animation
-Tsukihime

This script allows you to change your "attack" animation.
For example, when a state is applied, you might want to show a different animation to reflect the effects of the state.

Download

Script: http://db.tt/BZmMolI9
Required: Feature Manager

Usage

Tag database objects with
<ft: atk_anim x>
For some animation ID x

Edited by Tsukihime, 03 March 2015 - 10:23 AM.

All of my work can be found on my website:

banner200x40.png

You can follow me on any of these platforms:

logo_facebook40x40.pnglogo_twitter40x40.pnglogo_youtube40x40.pnglogo_patreon40x40.pnglogo_instagram40x40.png

Go here for Bugs and Requests.

Want to become a beta tester for my plugins before they are released to the public?

#2 dbchest2

dbchest2

dbchest

• 137 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

you've released a a feature manager that this adds on to?

#3 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

It's the same feature manager that all my other features use. It works with 1.1 or something I don't remember when I added the required methods but it's older than the current version.

Edited by Tsukihime, 28 October 2012 - 11:17 AM.

banner200x40.png

logo_facebook40x40.pnglogo_twitter40x40.pnglogo_youtube40x40.pnglogo_patreon40x40.pnglogo_instagram40x40.png

Want to become a beta tester for my plugins before they are released to the public?

#4 dbchest2

dbchest2

dbchest

• 137 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

ah, is that what the modular changes are for?

#5 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

Which changes? You mean like `def add_feature_atk_anim` or `FeatureManager.register(:atk_anim, 1.0)` ?

Those are part of the interface I defined for you to add your own feature. You just register a feature and define how to handle the input. Then the features will be created for you when you tag your objects with <ft: atk_anim 23>

Edited by Tsukihime, 28 October 2012 - 12:18 PM.

banner200x40.png

#6 dbchest2

dbchest2

dbchest

• 137 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

very cool. good job, a lot of people wanted this.

#7 JANK

JANK

Music Composer

• 108 posts
  • RM Skill - Musician

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

The feature manager is not very newbie friendly. Do I need to do anything for this animation script to work, or am I supposed to just be able to plug it in and it will work?
I tried just plugging it in and testing it and I get a bug where the animation displays twice.

If I do need to define the feature or whatever, where do I do that, and what do I do?
Like you metioned "def add_feature_atk_anim" and what not. Where do I need to put that? There's nothing in the script that says "put this here to define a new feature", at least not in English.

Thanks
Current project: The Last Werewolf, inspired by the Breath of Fire series: http://www.rpgmakerv...1306#entry71306
My music page: http://www.rpgmakerv...s-music-studio/

#8 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

You just tag an actor or a state and it should work.
I can't think of a way to make it any easier. That is why I only described "how to use".

Edited by Tsukihime, 28 October 2012 - 07:55 PM.

banner200x40.png

#9 JANK

JANK

Music Composer

• 108 posts
  • RM Skill - Musician

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

Hi thanks for the reply. So I don't need to change anything in the features script right?

The reason I asked is because I did get the script working as I said, but the glitch is that the animation shows twice in a row.
I tested this with and without other scripts, and it does the same thing.

I thought that maybe it was because I needed to add something else to get it to work properly. I do believe it is a glitch though.

Edited by JANK, 28 October 2012 - 11:54 PM.

Current project: The Last Werewolf, inspired by the Breath of Fire series: http://www.rpgmakerv...1306#entry71306

#10 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

I can't replicate the issue on a default project. You're getting the issue without the scripts? I doubt it is an issue on my end since all I'm doing is changing which animation to play.

Edited by Tsukihime, 29 October 2012 - 08:56 AM.

banner200x40.png

#11 JANK

JANK

Music Composer

• 108 posts
  • RM Skill - Musician

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

The only scripts are the feature script and this one. In the default battle system, it doesn't wait for the first animation to complete before playing the second so you need to watch closely. In YEA battle system however there is a delay between animations so its much more noticable.

#12 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

Ah, you're right it's obvious there are two animations being executed with yanfly system.

The issue was me not checking whether the actor was dual wield before running the second animation.
It is fixed now.

Edited by Tsukihime, 29 October 2012 - 05:55 PM.

banner200x40.png

#13 JANK

JANK

Music Composer

• 108 posts
  • RM Skill - Musician

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

Awesome man, you're the best.

#14 redeven

redeven

• 6 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:12 AM

Hey! I've run into the same issue as JANK, about having the animation displayed twice.

I'll add below my plugin list, but I believe the issue must be related to this plugin, as it's the only script that works with animations, along with YEA.

Spoiler

I've downloaded the latest versions of YEA, this script, and the Feature Manager, so I've got no clue how to fix it.

Thank you in advance!

#15 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:43 AM

Is your character using dual wield?

banner200x40.png

#16 redeven

redeven

• 6 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

No, the actor has sword+shield.

#17 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:58 PM

Can you try it in a new project with only the feature manager and the weapon animation plugin?

banner200x40.png

#18 redeven

redeven

• 6 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:28 PM

Well, this is disconcerting, to say the least. I tried creating a new project and only adding Feature Manager and Attack Animation scripts, it worked perfectly. I tried creating a project with those two scripts, plus Yanfly's Battle Engine, it still worked. 

I can't even imagine which plugin or combination is breaking the animations, as none of them work directly with animations. I'll check if the Skill Repeat script is the cause, but if it isn't, I guess no other script touches animations.

EDIT: Seems like it was the Skill Repeat script. Now I've got to find a way to fix or replace it :P

Edited by redeven, 23 January 2015 - 01:31 PM.

#19 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• 7120 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:47 PM

I'm assuming the skill repeat is simply repeating the skill twice, thus resulting in two animations?

banner200x40.png

#20 redeven

redeven

• 6 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:39 PM

I'm assuming the skill repeat is simply repeating the skill twice, thus resulting in two animations?

I doubt that's what it does, since I set it to repeat the skill 15 times. Normally, it shouldn't repeat the animation, since Yanfly's script has the <one animation> tag. But I'll take this to the proper thread, it's not Attack Animation's problem anymore :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users