Tsukihime

feature
Attack Animation

21 posts in this topic

Feature: Attack Animation

-Tsukihime

This script allows you to change your "attack" animation.

For example, when a state is applied, you might want to show a different animation to reflect the effects of the state.

Download

Script: http://db.tt/BZmMolI9

Required: Feature Manager

Usage

Tag database objects with

<ft: atk_anim x>
For some animation ID x Edited by Tsukihime

It's the same feature manager that all my other features use. It works with 1.1 or something I don't remember when I added the required methods but it's older than the current version.

Edited by Tsukihime

Which changes? You mean like `def add_feature_atk_anim` or `FeatureManager.register(:atk_anim, 1.0)` ?

Those are part of the interface I defined for you to add your own feature. You just register a feature and define how to handle the input. Then the features will be created for you when you tag your objects with <ft: atk_anim 23>

Edited by Tsukihime
dbchest2 likes this

The feature manager is not very newbie friendly. Do I need to do anything for this animation script to work, or am I supposed to just be able to plug it in and it will work?

I tried just plugging it in and testing it and I get a bug where the animation displays twice.

If I do need to define the feature or whatever, where do I do that, and what do I do?

Like you metioned "def add_feature_atk_anim" and what not. Where do I need to put that? There's nothing in the script that says "put this here to define a new feature", at least not in English.

Thanks

You just tag an actor or a state and it should work.

I can't think of a way to make it any easier. That is why I only described "how to use".

Edited by Tsukihime

Hi thanks for the reply. So I don't need to change anything in the features script right?

The reason I asked is because I did get the script working as I said, but the glitch is that the animation shows twice in a row.

I tested this with and without other scripts, and it does the same thing.

I thought that maybe it was because I needed to add something else to get it to work properly. I do believe it is a glitch though.

Edited by JANK

I can't replicate the issue on a default project. You're getting the issue without the scripts? I doubt it is an issue on my end since all I'm doing is changing which animation to play.

Edited by Tsukihime

The only scripts are the feature script and this one. In the default battle system, it doesn't wait for the first animation to complete before playing the second so you need to watch closely. In YEA battle system however there is a delay between animations so its much more noticable.

Ah, you're right it's obvious there are two animations being executed with yanfly system.

The issue was me not checking whether the actor was dual wield before running the second animation.

It is fixed now.

Edited by Tsukihime

Hey! I've run into the same issue as JANK, about having the animation displayed twice.

I'll add below my plugin list, but I believe the issue must be related to this plugin, as it's the only script that works with animations, along with YEA.

Mithran's Text Cache

Casper's Custom Balloons
XaiL System Core & Attribute System
Formar's Equipment Requirements
Yanfly's Core, Battle Engine, Adjust Limits, Enemy Levels, Learn Skill Engine, Extra Drops and Weapon Attack Replace
CP Passive Skills
Ventwig's Enemy HP Bars
Vlue's Quest System
Tsukihime's Feature Manager, Effect Manager, Attack Animation, Thorn Armor, Mana Shield, Skill Restriction, Choice Options and Large Choices

AdiktuzMiko's Skill Repeat

I've downloaded the latest versions of YEA, this script, and the Feature Manager, so I've got no clue how to fix it.

Thank you in advance!

Well, this is disconcerting, to say the least. I tried creating a new project and only adding Feature Manager and Attack Animation scripts, it worked perfectly. I tried creating a project with those two scripts, plus Yanfly's Battle Engine, it still worked. 

I can't even imagine which plugin or combination is breaking the animations, as none of them work directly with animations. I'll check if the Skill Repeat script is the cause, but if it isn't, I guess no other script touches animations.

EDIT: Seems like it was the Skill Repeat script. Now I've got to find a way to fix or replace it :P

Edited by redeven

I'm assuming the skill repeat is simply repeating the skill twice, thus resulting in two animations?

I doubt that's what it does, since I set it to repeat the skill 15 times. Normally, it shouldn't repeat the animation, since Yanfly's script has the <one animation> tag. But I'll take this to the proper thread, it's not Attack Animation's problem anymore :P