• Announcements

• RagingHobo

Forum Upgraded!   07/17/2017

We have successfully upgraded our forum to the latest version! Some things have moved around but don't worry everything is still there, we still need to find updated versions of the plugins we were using previously to restore everything to the way it was. There will be a running topic in the Feedback and Support in case you notice something wrong. Before you do so please clear your browser cache and close your browser completely to rule out a caching issue. Thank you for your patience during the outage and while we get everything back to 150%  
Lil' Yami

YSA Battle System - Classical ATB

68 posts in this topic

New add-on will be updated in my Wordpress. When this has something new, I'll update this topic, so you don't have to perma-refresh my page

:)

Last Update: 30/01/2012 (DD/MM/YYYY)

Download:

Get here ~

Check Instructions in Script.

To enable Classical Active Time Battle for your game, either change the DEFAULT_BATTLE_SYSTEM constant in YEA - Ace Battle Engine to :catb or make an script call during a game using:

$game_system:set_battle_system(:catb)

To revert back to DTB mid-game, use the following script call:

$game_system:set_battle_system(:dtb)

For charge skill/item (casting time), use this notetag:

<charge rate: x%>

This script require YEA – Ace Battle Engine.

New update: Casting Time/Charge Skill

ctcatb.png

Edited by Yami
YF, oriceles, Chaos17 and 4 others like this

I'm sorry but I cannot download the Ace Battle engine it says it's an rb file and when I try to download it it just brings up find file or save option. Why?

I'm sorry but I cannot download the Ace Battle engine it says it's an rb file and when I try to download it it just brings up find file or save option. Why?

Ah, If you have full version of ace, you can copy script from that rb file. Open it with notepad :)

A. likes this

I was hping this was side view >_< - Good job none the less :D

Ahaha You should hope this can be compatible with other sideview scripts :D

is it compatible? I havent had the chance to download and try it

Edited by A.

Update 2012.01.13:

– Fix a bug with Wait ATB.

– Upgrade a little ATB Gauge.

– Fix a bug with YEA – Enemy HP Bar compatibility.

– Upgrade turn count.

– Compatible with: Lunatic CATB Starting Formulas ( http://yamiworld.wordpress.com/rgss3/battle-scripts/yeas-add-on/ysa-battle-system-classical-active-time-battle/lunatic-catb-starting-formulas/ )

Hi just trying out this script... dont know why but it send me an error

Script 'Classical ATB' line 433: NomMethodErrorOcurred.

undefined method `/' for:nil NilClass

The only other scripts that i have are Yanfly's ones, don't know if it is a compatibility problem..

Thak you.

EDIT:

It has worked on the database prove, but not in the game, hope this will help... Thank again

Edited by Azakel

Update 2012.01.16:

– Fix some small bugs.

– Add a function for Preemptive and Surprise (Added in Lunatic CATB Starting Formulas too).

- Fix ATB speed changes when a battler’s agi changes.

- Add casting time for item/skill. (Added notetag: <charge rate: x%>)

Small Bug:

If the system is set to ":full" and your selecting a target for an action, the gauges update but as soon as they fill up the action stops entirely until you complete the selection. This might not be considered a bug, in which case I would recommend an option to change this because it's really disrupting to the flow of the battle.

However, I would definitely consider this interruption a bug, because you can kill the last enemy with one actor and immediately try to target before the enemy "collapses" in which case it will pause the enemy in mid-collapse. At this point you can try to cancel the target selection and the game will crash citing a "Cannot divide by 0" error, presumably because the original target doesn't exist.

Another Bug:

If the battle type is set to ":full" and an enemy attacks you while the item/skill window is open the HP of the actor is not updated appropriately.

Edited by Griffith_Kun

Oh yeah, I figured it out. New update will be released soon. Thanks for let me know ^^

Anytime, I'm glad I could help! That's awesome that you figured it out so quickly, I look forward to the update. Btw, I found out one more problem: the problem lies in the fact that this script makes all "naturally expiring" states permanent. So, any state that should expire, will never be removed and persistent indefinitely.

Keep up the excellent work though, this script is really promising!

Oh yeah, I figured it out. New update will be released soon. Thanks for let me know ^^

Anytime, I'm glad I could help! That's awesome that you figured it out so quickly, I look forward to the update. Btw, I found out one more problem: the problem lies in the fact that this script makes all "naturally expiring" states permanent. So, any state that should expire, will never be removed and persistent indefinitely.

Keep up the excellent work though, this script is really promising!

I think only State be cleared by number of Actions be permanent ?

Duh, Haro draf ~

Anyway, new update:

Update 2012.01.19:

- Fix a small bug with Action’s Icon Updating.

- Fix a critical bug with target selecting.

- Fix a bug with states updating.

- Fix a small bug with actor’s status when choosing skill/item.

- Fix a critical bug with auto battle.

Nice update! All of the things i mentioned are now fixed! You fixed it up quite good...but you're going to hate me because I found a way to break it-- lol.

The new issue I found is that when you're selecting a target (for a skill or something similiar) and the actor you're currently using dies, then the target selection gets a little strange because the current selection isn't disposed of properly, if you had any window up (like a skill) it is not disposed of. This should be an easy fix, the current action (window, target selection, etc) needs to be "canceled" and all windows/actions need to be disposed..

I think that pretty much handles all of the bugs!