• Announcements

• RagingHobo

Forum Upgraded!   07/17/2017

We have successfully upgraded our forum to the latest version! Some things have moved around but don't worry everything is still there, we still need to find updated versions of the plugins we were using previously to restore everything to the way it was. There will be a running topic in the Feedback and Support in case you notice something wrong. Before you do so please clear your browser cache and close your browser completely to rule out a caching issue. Thank you for your patience during the outage and while we get everything back to 150%  
Victor Sant

victor engine
VE - Active Time Battle

41 posts in this topic

Victor Engine - Active Time Battle

This scripts changes the turn management of battles. The default turn based system is replaced by an active time system, where the order of actions are decided by individual time bars

Download:

Victor Engine - Active Time Battle

Credits:

Author: Victor Sant

DoubleX likes this

Not that I'm criticizing your work, but...

What exactly makes this different from Yami's ATB script aside from the requirement of the YEA - Battle System?

Also, the command window blocks the ATB bars. You may want to relocate that.

Edited by aeonhunter

YAAAAY FINAAAAAALLY an ATB system!!! :wub:

How come it took you forever to come with something like this Victor? LoL... this should have been done long time ago cuz people like me had to result in finding an AT system to work with ur battle system... and who knows, its probably buggy and creates lag in trying to make it all work...but anyhow, finally... and thanks for releasing this, this makes up a big change towards the battle system :wub:

@Aeonhunter:

You kidding :o ... did u watch the video? :huh: This is not your normal basic ATB system.... look closely at the video... repeat it several times if u still havent seen what this baby does! :unsure:

Getting a NoMethod error on line 586 of this script, where this line is:

BattleManager.turn_start(false)

I've disabled a lot of other scripts and haven't yet had the error stop. It happens at random times during battle. Sometimes, when an ATB bar is full, and other times while it is filling up.

EDIT 2: Just a heads up, commenting out the "(false)" seems to have corrected the error. Not sure if that will mess anything else up, though.

EDIT: Also, just some design suggestions.

-Have the actor command window show up over the actor's names on the left, because it covers the ATB bar as it is now (someone already mentioned this).

-The ATB bar should have a border around it and a background like the other bars (HP, MP, TP).

-Users should be able to define the colors of the ATB bar OR have state notetags to change the color of the ATB when under the state (i.e. Slow, Haste)

Edited by William C

I actually had to register just to thank you Sir Victor for this final script that i been wanting for so long. ;) Just to let you know, I love your work by the way. It is being noted ;)

What exactly makes this different from Yami's ATB script aside from the requirement of the YEA - Battle System?

While I've yet to try this ATB system out, I've used Yami's ATB system before and it's not perfect, some state restrictions and auto-battling do not work with Yami's ATB system. If Victor's ATB system does not have those issues, it would easily make his ATB system superior.

i've been playing with the new ATB for quite some time now which is pretty fun. I have a customized ATB bar layout, where do i place the name of the extension to the script to make this work?

While I've yet to try this ATB system out, I've used Yami's ATB system before and it's not perfect, some state restrictions and auto-battling do not work with Yami's ATB system. If Victor's ATB system does not have those issues, it would easily make his ATB system superior.

Not to criticize your work either Victor, but this script has the weakness of not being compatible with Ace Battle Engine, and if you try to add an actor mid battle you get an error. All I am saying is this is not the superior system it depends of your needs. If you need an interactive battle with a lot of popups or you need actors mid battle Yami's system is better. If you need the Animated Battle, state restrictions or auto-battle then you should use this. If you don't need either then they are pretty much equal.

There are already two other ATB systems that work for Yanfly Engine. Not being compatible with Yanfly Engine Ace is not a "weakness" of the script. Compatibility with Yanfly scripts are not a requirement to make the script "good."

There are already two other ATB systems that work for Yanfly Engine. Not being compatible with Yanfly Engine Ace is not a "weakness" of the script. Compatibility with Yanfly scripts are not a requirement to make the script "good."

I'll accept the fact that good does not equal compatible with Yanfly's Scripts. This not compatible thing has me frustrated because this it by far the best ATB overall. The issues is probably very easy to work with it involves:

1. Fixing the HUD to show up correctly.

2. Making it so you can get more than one action off with the script

I will get around to it, but as I have said for other things. I have to focus on Pokémon for Ace to get it done. This one may take priority because I want use this for Pokémon for Ace's custom battle system test to make sure that it works with other forms of combat.

1 - Compatibility. YEA isn't fully compatible with my scripts.

2 - Different Features. Name me an ATB for ace that have things like Cast Cancel, ATB Delay, Different Escape Layouts, the ATB Reverse.

3 - Not Requiring YEA. This is actually a good thing on one side. Like any other scripts, YEA have compatibility issues, especially with my own scripts. So having more options is always good.

1 - Try unchecking the "Display TB in Battle" on the System Database, or

2 - Change the resolution to 640 x 480

3 - Anyway i edited the postion

Getting a NoMethod error on line 586 of this script, where this line is:

This error is absolutely a compatibility issue. In any case i've made a small edit to avoid this

-The ATB bar should have a border around it and a background like the other bars (HP, MP, TP).
Border and background? what you talking about? the ATB bar use the same methods as the HP, MP and TP to draw bars.

Not to criticize your work either Victor, but this script has the weakness of not being compatible with Ace Battle Engine
In my opinition, it's not a weakness, it's a strenght. YEA is already supported by other ATBs, while my own battle didn't. And not all people want the YEA Battle Egine since it make changes to the layout that makes hard to customize.

and if you try to add an actor mid battle you get an error

It's a bug, and by the way, is already solved.

Edited by Victor Sant

Updated to the newer script, and now it's giving a NoMethod error in Target Arrow 1.04, on line 817, which is:

set_window_action($data_skills[battleManager.actor.attack_skill_id])

It also sometimes gives an error (also referencing a line with BattleManager.actor.attack_skill_id) in Direct Commands 1.02.

Edited by William C

this is not which atb is better than other.

this atb is tailored specifically for victor battle system. so i guess if you're using it with victor battle system... this is the best choices. except if you use it combined with yanfly ace battle engine and do some mod to make them work together. (like me T.T)

but i also hope that this could be used with other battle system too if possible. since maybe some want this atb in other battle system (not using victor battle system).

@Willian

Sorry, the "fix" i've made had a typo that caused this. try it now.

@estriole

It works with the default battle system. Yami stated that it also works with YEA, except by the HUD, wich should need to be fixed.

found game breaking bugs. >.<

i use newest basic module, actor battle, animated battle, then active battle.

the event i set in troops tab only execute the if page set at turn 0.

if i set the condition turn more that 0 it won't work at all. ex : turn 1, turn 1+1. etc

it's like the turn never added. but it's hard to set event in battle then.

maybe you should increase the turn when all battler already act at least once.

ex: battler: slime a, slime b, actor a, actor b.

slime A act, actor a act, actor b act, actor a act, actor a act (since he is sooo fast), slime b act. end turn.

hope this can be fixed. :D.

edit: if hud is the only problem i guess we can fix it ourselves :D

Edited by estriole

@estriole

There's no bug, i just mistaken set the turn count value (it was supposed to be 200, but it's 1200), so it's take too long to count a turn.

you can edit the turn count values at the settings:

VE_ATB_TURN_COUNT = :time

VE_ATB_TIME_COUNT = 200

VE_ATB_ACTION_COUNT = 10

Edited by Victor Sant

Sorry to bother you Victor,i setted the VE_ATB_TIME_COUNT to 200,battle events works now.

But after showing a message window,the battle hud sometimes gets messed or frezzes without giving a message error (a few times only) and the events gets repeated after a few turns,even if they are made for a single turn.

Thanks you very much,your works are amazing.

Excuse me for my bad english.

Edited by Megablackdragon31

Hmm, I updated again to the 1.01 version and still get the error with Target Arrow 1.04 (NoMethod error, line 817).

set_window_action($data_skills[battleManager.actor.attack_skill_id]

I checked that line for reference, and it's only called in the scripts written by you. Here's a list of your scripts that I'm using, in the order that I am using them, if that will help:

• Basic Module 1.31
  • Anti-Lag 1.01
  • Custom Hit Formula 1.00
  • Animated Battle 1.16
  • Actor Battlers 1.07
  • State Auto Apply 1.03
  • Arrow Cursor 1.01
  • Damage Limit 1.00
  • Custom Collapse 1.07
  • Damage Popup 1.10
  • Passive States 1.03
  • Loop Animation 1.03
  • Incapacitate States 1.00
  • State Toggle 1.00
  • State Cancel 1.01
  • Custom Basic Actions 1.00
  • Target Arrow 1.04
  • Direct Command 1.02
  • Command Replace 1.00
  • Skip Battle Log 1.04
  • State Graphics 1.01
  • Active Time Battle 1.01
  • Control Text 1.06
  • Control Codes 1.03

I've bolded the scripts that contain the "BattleManager.actor.attack_skill_id" line that is returning the error.

The script also returns a NoMethod error in Direct Commands 1.02 IF the player chooses to use a Direct Command skill (like Steal, etc.) on line 274:

BattleManager.actor.input.set_skill(skill_id)

Edited by William C

Well, it appears the script is incompatible with Yanfly's Core Bugfixes script. That's what's been causing all of the crashes for me. Can anyone else confirm this? I seem to be the only one having this particular problem. If I can confirm that it's only this script affecting yours, I may be able to write up a compatibility patch.

Uh... sorry for this post. Chrome  is acting pretty weird on this site for me.

@William C I seem to have fixed it commenting out the BattleManager module in YF's script. No side effects yet.

Everything works fine for me except when someone who is having a turn (command window open) is set to auto-battle/is confused by a skill (I'm using semi_wait). The window doesn't close and I can select commands. It also happens when a battler uses a skill with the delay tag. I haven't tested the Paralyze state yet but I assume the same thing happens, and that is just using the needed scripts. I reported in Victor's blog, but just to be sure, is anyone else having the same problem?

Edited by Saint

Well, it appears the script is incompatible with Yanfly's Core Bugfixes script.

As I told one billion times, the most of YF battle scripts are incompatible with mine. How many times i will have to ask to NOT report bugs if using non-VE scripts?

Well, it appears the script is incompatible with Yanfly's Core Bugfixes script. That's what's been causing all of the crashes for me. Can anyone else confirm this? I seem to be the only one having this particular problem. If I can confirm that it's only this script affecting yours, I may be able to write up a compatibility patch.

Pretty sure I made my intention to fix it myself crystal clear. I know you don't do patches.

The only bug I officially reported on your blog was that characters will still charge their skills with cast times when a battle ends, and new one begins. For instance, let's say Fire has a cast time of 20, and you select it, and then win the battle before it is cast. The next battle, that actor will still charge Fire and execute it when it's ready.

Pretty sure I made my intention to fix it myself crystal clear. I know you don't do patches.

The only bug I officially reported on your blog was that characters will still charge their skills with cast times when a battle ends, and new one begins. For instance, let's say Fire has a cast time of 20, and you select it, and then win the battle before it is cast. The next battle, that actor will still charge Fire and execute it when it's ready.

I agree completely that if you will do it. It is fine to report a bug. In my mind that should be very easy. Just cancel all actors that are charging's actions.

Pretty sure I made my intention to fix it myself crystal clear

But yet you posted here 2 times about getting these errors without saying that you were using other scripts and made me lose a lot of time making several tests looking for a error that don't exist...