TengHu

CyberDrive Ninja - Demo Available

49 posts in this topic

It will be worth in the end. We are in need of good RM games, and I'm sure that your project is inspiring many people; at least it inspired me xD I hope that everything works fine for you guys (:

February 17, 2013

The demo is completed and ready for download. Immense yourself in the world of the CyberDrive Ninja!

Happy gaming!

First up - forcing full screen I don't believe is a good idea. Some video cards (or maybe just mine? haha) make the game flicker while full screen.

Second up - your visuals are very nice and design of your menus and tutorial screens are epic (which I totally expected seeing stuff you've done haha).

Have only played a little so far but very impressive. Nice job, rgangsta

Thanks to Omar Merino, one of my best friends and partner in game design, we now have a launch trailer for CyberDrive! Enjoy!

Enjoy, Wendell. :P

Congratulations on finishing the demo! It's very well-crafted. I have just started playing, but I already like your systems a lot. The visuals are very good too! I especially like the reflection you made in the glass panes and the tiles of Delta Bay City!

I have found some glitches, though. Not sure if someone had addressed them already:

First, the player is able to walk over the billboard beneath Tariq in Delta Bay City. Either my eyes are misleading me and this is not a billboard, or you forgot to set the passage settings for it.

Second, in the craft window, I believe the scopes of the items you can craft aren't perfeclty aligned with the "Affect". The scopes should be a little more to the right.

Last, in the beginning of the game the missions "Boss Battle" and "Mission 3" are visible in the mission select menu. Is this on purpose?

Edited by Emerald

It looks really, realy, really good. I'm going to download and play a little later, but I just felt I had to share my initial thoughts :P

Congratulations on finishing the demo! It's very well-crafted. I have just started playing, but I already like your systems a lot. The visuals are very good too! I especially like the reflection you made in the glass panes and the tiles of Delta Bay City!

I have found some glitches, though. Not sure if someone had addressed them already:

First, the player is able to walk over the billboard beneath Tariq in Delta Bay City. Either my eyes are misleading me and this is not a billboard, or you forgot to set the passage settings for it.

Second, in the craft window, I believe the scopes of the items you can craft aren't perfeclty aligned with the "Affect". The scopes should be a little more to the right.

Last, in the beginning of the game the missions "Boss Battle" and "Mission 3" are visible in the mission select menu. Is this on purpose?

Just fixed the passage settings. Thank you. I'll look into the crafting menu.

And yes, viewing those missions are intentional.

Thank you for the help :D

Enjoy the rest of the game.

It looks really, realy, really good. I'm going to download and play a little later, but I just felt I had to share my initial thoughts :P

Thank you. Your thoughts and feedback are appreciated. Enjoy the game. ;)

Considering the game's high praise that I've read so far, I think I'll give this one a shot for my reviews.

Prepare for me to play the asshole role here as I exploit every possible bad thing about the game and also play the Hyperbole card. Again.

So I'll come back when I've had enough, or when work tries to take my soul away.

Shut up, I'm allowed to double post.

Anyways, I don't think you need mentioning of how the visuals in this game look; they are quite stellar for an RMVXAce game. I was anticipating a lengthy demo, and while two hours might be long to some, it isn't to me. When I was done, I wanted more.

I decided to run this review right beside the LP posted earlier in the topic and give parallels. I never did notice the fountain glitch, although there are a few things that I noticed, which I'll get into later. 

There is a hefty amount of dialogue in the opening cut-scene, but I like that. I also liked the button input command, though I think you could get away with putting in more than 2 commands...maybe something like 4 or 5 to make sure players are really alert, since this game is mostly focused on being alert. 

The first time you're taken to the tutorial menu about moving (which I think you should choose to be able to skip or not), it's kind of unclear as to how you exit out of it, because A, by default, is mapped to the Enter/Z Key, so we immediately anticipate to hit Enter/Z, and it doesn't work. That should probably be fixed.

Stupid rain making my PC lag. Ughgug. Stupid PC making my PC lag...

Anyways, I did notice something while I was running around: the camera has a slight delay when you're sprinting, so the character sprite is not in the center position and is offset by a tad-bit while sprinting. It was just a minor nitpick I found (there are going to be quite a few in this review).

So yay, Metal Gear Solid. Never did notice the ventilation part at the start of Mission 1 that was explained in the LP; I was too focused on getting the demo done so I could get to work on time.

I actually quite like the stealth system, though there should be some changes. Example, I once fell victim to a particularly dumb-as-shit guard who should have seen me, if he had his daily dose of Vitamin B.

A personal nitpick, but I think the Aggro gauge charges up a bit too fast. Or have at least some way of cooling it down; because of my low-quality computer, I almost had to resort to sprinting, which made it more of a challenge because sprinting causes noise. Or maybe I'm just a massive noob.

You don't need a tutorial about a save point when you're two steps away from said save point. And especially since we know that a blue console saves the game anyway because we were told before the start of Mission 1.

Some of these scientists are real douchebags.

The all caps part was confusing for entering the password, because the font that it comes with automatically puts everything in what would seem like capital letters. But I will admit the keyboard edition is nice.

Before the room with the boss fight, there is a small point in which you are, for a split second, walking on walls.

The boss fight could have been made a little bit more creative and not so boring. It's basically the same thing from 100% health to 0% health. Perhaps if the boss had more movements or different types of attacks, it wouldn't have been such a chore. Also, the boss could attack faster after she teleports; even with my laggy PC, I was still able to evade her attacks before she teleports to stand on the elevated platform again. Also, she's dumb as shit because she keeps teleporting to the center of the room after you've thrown all four switches. Every. Single. Time. There should be a period in the game where she teleports to the center for a few brief seconds, THEN throw the switches and THEN stun her. That would definitely be a lot more intuitive, I think.

Again, personal nitpicks.

Is Yun's character model wearing a skirt? **wink wink**

There were a couple of spelling/grammatical errors I noticed.

During the final cutscene, Yun also has a dialogue box which is transparent, instead of the regular frame.

That is a long list of credits. And I didn't know Woratana was still alive. :o

OVERALL RATING: With a Metal Gear style influence combined with Tenshu, it definitely comes off as a premier game to have. This is one of those games that, on my list, rivals Pirate Rush in terms of graphic detail, as well as the amount of work put in. I'm anxious to hear more, and this will definitely be on my watch list.

RATING: Worthy of one of my higher ratings, 4/5.

Edited by Arin

Actually, you're not allowed to double post haha. Next time please edit your post instead.

4/5?! Hoorah! I'm aiming for 5/5 though. :P

The game is VX, by the way. lol

There will be more to the button input sequences once the game goes along. My co-designer, Omar, suggested that we have button inputs based on difficulty. So the higher the difficulty, the more buttons to press. Maybe 4-5 buttons max.

I'll try to be more clear on the controls. I'm planning on making a PDF readme available in the game. That way, no one is confused on the controls or gameplay.

I feared that the rain might cause lag. When I was first developing the game, it lagged quite a bit on my old computer. But this laptop I have is kind of bad-ass, so I don't suffer from lag anymore. I'm trying to be more cautious on the amount of events and images on the map to reduce lag.

The camera was designed to have the delay. You don't like it? I might create an option to remove it.

I'm planning on remodeling that ventilation shaft. But yes, it was inspired by MG. Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel to be exact.

Don't worry. The AI's not totally stupid. See in the screenshot? You're wearing a disguise and the Disguise Check above the player's head is not filled up. The enemies will not detect you until your disguise is fully blown...or you're not wearing a disguise.

Sprinting isn't bad as long as you can fool the AI. Such as dashing behind a wall to get the enemy to investigate and go around. MGS style.

That call that you receive about the save point is entirely optional. You can choose to cancel the call by simply leaving the map.

That stair glitch where it looks like he's walking on the wall is fixable. I'll fix it right away.

I'll make that boss much harder then. Maybe she'll use different moves based on difficulty. ;)

The reason why she's teleported to the center of the room every time is explained in the call before the battle. Her suit uses massive amounts of energy which is attracted by the plate on the floor. Activating the switches activates the metal plate.

As a matter of fact, Yun is wearing a skirt. lol *wink*

I'll fix the grammar and the transparent box issue. Thanks for the heads up.

Do you really think this rivals Pirate Rush? That means I'm doing something right. :D

Thank you for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed the game. My team and I have put two and a half years into this project. With that much effort, we'd be stupid not to make an epic game like this.

There will definitely be more. I can't tell you anything else 'cause it's a secret but stay tuned.

4/5?! Hoorah! I'm aiming for 5/5 though. :P

For the game to get a 5/5 by my standards, it has to be absolutely perfect. I may have given it a 4.5/5 if there weren't "walking on walls" glitches or spelling/grammar errors. But don't' fret; it's still amazing.

There will be more to the button input sequences once the game goes along. My co-designer, Omar, suggested that we have button inputs based on difficulty. So the higher the difficulty, the more buttons to press. Maybe 4-5 buttons max.

Ahh, that would explain it. I went with Normal as my starting difficulty.

The camera was designed to have the delay. You don't like it? I might create an option to remove it.

Quite the opposite; I feel it gives a little bit more depth to the gameplay.

Don't worry. The AI's not totally stupid. See in the screenshot? You're wearing a disguise and the Disguise Check above the player's head is not filled up. The enemies will not detect you until your disguise is fully blown...or you're not wearing a disguise.

People might want to question why a janitor is sulking around in the dark staring a guard directly in the face in the first place, though.

I'll make that boss much harder then. Maybe she'll use different moves based on difficulty. ;)

The reason why she's teleported to the center of the room every time is explained in the call before the battle. Her suit uses massive amounts of energy which is attracted by the plate on the floor. Activating the switches activates the metal plate.

If that's the case, it looks like she's willingly teleporting herself to the center of the room to become bait for the switches.

@Arin

Thanks for the feedback,. This game will be a lot better thanks to your help.

Is that screenshot of the grammar error the only error you found?

By the way, I just noticed you made a review of CyberDrive in the Critique section.

Thank you. :3 You're awesome.

what is the script you're using for the text bubble? 

I got it from Star Archives: http://hatrack.sakura.ne.jp/str_rgss/

@Arin

By the way, I just noticed you made a review of CyberDrive in the Critique section.

Thank you. :3 You're awesome.

what is the script you're using for the text bubble? 

I got it from Star Archives: http://hatrack.sakura.ne.jp/str_rgss/

i can't seem to find the script can you send it to me on pm or give me a direct link to it.

edit:

is it for vx or vx ace?

Edited by Chigoo

It's VX. There's no direct link to the script itself. But download the ZIp file that says "srgss2_demo101.zip". Should be in there. If you don't have VX, install it from Enterbrain's site.

@Arin

I don't remember. I think there were a few others, but I just forgot to nab them. It's not so much spelling error, but just missing stuff like "be that" when it's "must that" or something like that.

I don't remember. I think there were a few others, but I just forgot to nab them. It's not so much spelling error, but just missing stuff like "be that" when it's "must that" or something like that.

That's no problem. I'll do a full sweep of the game to make sure of no grammar errors. Thank you.

It's been a great month for CyberDrive Ninja.

Already, there has been 158 game downloads and 165 Youtube views.

The Project FURY team would like to personally thank everyone for their support. There's been a lot of feedback on the game and believe me, it's improving.

So without further ado, the updates.

3/19/2013 - Update

• The game has officially began PS3 and XBOX 360 controller compatibility. With this new add-on you'll

be able to play CyberDrive like never before. You'll develop faster attacks, accomplish complex combos, and

feel the CyberDrive world around you. The team is really pushing the "interactive environment" aspect of the game.

If you have a PS3 and XBOX 360 controller, get ready to experience a new side to STEALTH NINJA ACTION.

• Download content (DLC) will be available upon the release of the full game. I may release another demo to showcase new features

but CyberDrive was designed for only one demo release. I'll have to see...

Special weapons, AUGs, APPs, and missions are being designed for optional DLC.

If you have an idea for a DLC pack, feel free to PM me as I only have a few ideas. Heck, I can even make some

DLC designed just for you.

Well, that's all for now. Stay tuned for more future updates on CyberDrive in the future!

for some reason when i start the game and everything the text moves by its self, like im spamming the a button or somthing

Now I feel sad, I've been working on something since January, a stealth (not going so well) + QTE + ABS (need few tweaks) game. Then a friend of mine tells me there's this demo I have to try called CyberDrive Ninja (the name ninja catched my eye xD) , and after playing (loved it) I thought "How come he got the same ideas that I have" (been changing stuff lately) Plus I bet however tries my demo (maybe june or july) will think that I copied yours, although my story is based on the Prototype game but has a few mercs (from the same charset).

I do not mean to be harsh nor offend in any way, it's quite the opposite. Loved the demo, looking towards the full game.

for some reason when i start the game and everything the text moves by its self, like im spamming the a button or somthing

Make sure you're not holding down F. It's the fast forward button.

Now I feel sad, I've been working on something since January, a stealth (not going so well) + QTE + ABS (need few tweaks) game. Then a friend of mine tells me there's this demo I have to try called CyberDrive Ninja (the name ninja catched my eye xD) , and after playing (loved it) I thought "How come he got the same ideas that I have" (been changing stuff lately) Plus I bet however tries my demo (maybe june or july) will think that I copied yours, although my story is based on the Prototype game but has a few mercs (from the same charset).

I do not mean to be harsh nor offend in any way, it's quite the opposite. Loved the demo, looking towards the full game.

Don't be sad. I like myself a good stealth game. I can never have enough. And it has an ABS? I like it already.

I say keep working hard on your project. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm glad you enjoyed the demo and I'm a fan of Prototype myself. Tell your friend I said thank you for spreading the word. :D

Good luck on your project!

Played this beautiful bean footage and I must say it's bacon with excitement, narrative, and artwork I was not so sure I'd see on RPG maker anything, I will hands down contact that artiest when I get my story and everything together and hopefully the game we make will also make love to my eyeballs.