All members are expected to read the rules outlined here. These rules apply globally to the forums. The staff are not required to alert members of small updates. However, keep in mind that these rules may change over time.
These rules apply to all avenues of communication on the forums, which means personal conversations, profile comments, status updates in addition to posts. Some of these rules will result in a simple warning, while others may result in an immediate and permanent ban. Those resulting in a ban will state it.
Please note that rpgmakercentral.com is an English-speaking community and thus discussion is expected to be communicated in English. That includes all topics and postings. You can have a game that's in another language, however, your game topic must be in English and you must indicate what language the game is in so people will know whether they can play and understand it or not.
The Moderation Process
Moderators will issue "warns" for breaking certain rules. Make sure to read both these global rules, and any rules for specific forums.
If you are warned by a Local Moderator and wish to appeal, please contact a Global Moderator/Manager
If you are warned by a Global Moderator/Manager and wish to appeal, please contact a Forum Admin.
If you are warned by a Forum Admin and wish to appeal, please contact an Administrator.
If you wish to appeal from an Administator, please contact @RagingHobo.
Moderators can interpret the rules as they see fit for each situation.
- Do not make inflammatory posts. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Discrimination based on race, creed, religion, or disability
- Excessive profanity
- Theft or discussion of theft - Including hacking, decrypting, cracking, pirating, stealing soure code, etc.
- Rips of any sort are not allowed to be requested or shared here.
- Do not post anything potentially harming a person's real life character. This will result in an account ban or suspension. This includes, but is not limited to, the following ways:
- Posting personal information without the person's consent
- Defamation of character
- Do not post or ask for illegal content or take credit for anything you did not create. This may result in a ban or suspension, depending on the circumstances. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Torrents of pirated material
- CD keys
- Serial numbers
- MOD chips
- Discussion which serve to show or ask people how to hack, crack, steal, or decrypt software of any sort. This includes discussions about how to break Enterbrain's EULA.
- Do not cause disruption to users. Successfully, or attempting, to break into accounts will result in a permanent ban. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Making spam threads and posts
- Stalking and harassing users
- Attempting any kind of scam on users
- Attempting to break into a user's account through hacking, or asking for his or her password
- Advertisements. Plain and simple, a post or thread meant simply as a means of advertising is not allowed. This also extends to profile use. Advertising is only allowed in your signature. Failure to follow this will result in official warns.
- Do not post overt sexual content. Keep in mind that this site is aimed at an under-18-years-old audience. This may result in a ban or suspension, depending on the circumstances. Exception: Games and projects posted may include sexual content in them, but must be censored if any imagery is posted on the forums, and a warning must be included in the game topic. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Back Seat Moderating/Using Blue Text: You should not use blue text or tell a member what to do in any of your posts, if they are breaking the rules then use the report function and we will sort it out for you.
- Do not abuse the system software. This includes exploiting forum bugs and security holes, as well as Wordpress and MSI bugs and security holes. This will result in a permanent ban.
- Do not engage in cross-forum flame wars. This means going to other sites and causing trouble, while claiming to represent this site. This will result in a permanent ban.
- There are a few specific acts that don't fit above, but are prohibited. They will result in moderation action. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Necroposting - some areas of the forum have their own guidelines, so check the rules of each forum
- Posting in the wrong forum
- Making multiple accounts
- Making shell accounts for usage of other users or automated programs
Do not abuse the Status Update function, if the forum rules are broken you will be suspended from using the Status Update for 30 days. Additional warn points and bans may be warranted depending on the nature of the offense.
You can request the privilege back after a month, (contact an Admin) but you have to been warn-free for 30 days for this to be reactivated.
These rules apply to those who post Status Updates, and those who comment on another's update.