Jump to content
  • entries
    8
  • comments
    9
  • views
    1,326

Entry 002: Throes of Damnation (updates and such)

PhoenixSoul

307 views

If you've NOT read the first post, you can do so here. In fact, I recommend that you do because I'm NOT going to recap the first post.

 

Anyway, since then, I've made some progress, got more resources, and I have Unity from RPG Maker NET (if you have an account here, I'd like to know your moniker so I can mention you properly), for a tileset that she has allowed me to use (and I will as soon as I get to that point in map creation).

 

Progress I've made:

*One full emotion set for the female character

*Working transfer events

*A few working cards (with restrictions working as well)

*Weapon Damage Formulas are working (though the random damage tends to fall either high or low for some odd reason)

*Found a bunch of different Game Over screens (however I've run into another issue which I'll get to in a bit)

*Found a decent Windowskin (thanks to @Amysaurus for letting me use the one she made for MV - still not sure if it will be the one I use for game release but it does well for what is needed)

*Settled on default Battle, Victory, Game Over themes (for now but those may change)

*Decided to use actor slots for monster summons (currently, the monsters are using RTP faces but that will change though to be honest the first one I created actually fits well with the RTP face I chose so when the time comes I'll be sticking with that idea for the creation of a new face)

*Figured out the way to make a restrict evaluation work with Yanfly's Skill Restriction so that I can have it read specific conditions (still working out some of the kinks but I've got the syntax down)

*I've created two of the four demo maps (three floors, two rooms in one odd demonic like castle), and have fleshed out walking paths to my liking

*I've made all the dueling disks (there's only ten different disks and there's very little difference among them other than number of card slots and a few other minor things)

*I've altered the TP (known as CP or Charge Points-see first post for full info) so that the Duel Disk equipped changes how much one can have max (right now I've no decided on the max nor progression of CP and all Duel Disks have a cap of 40)

*I have a partial storyline written down, but I've not progressed far enough to implement it as of yet

*I corrected a small error with the layering of clothing for the female character in GCH: PE (skirt/shoes was not showing up before and it made her look like she was simply walking around in white stockings and a purple blouse)

*I've decided on the number of cards that will be available to collect (there will be one hundred and ten in total-though ten of the cards will mainly be Easter Egg type candy and have little other useful function)

*Adding to above- @lonequeso I don't know about using Tom Cruise but I can see about recreating his face for the Hell of it

 

Issues I'm facing:

*Game Over screens (right now I've decided on @Tsukihime's Game Over screen script but when I use the script call associated with the script I get an invalid Game Interpreter error (just Ruby being uncooperative and throwing a fit like usual - @Kayzee could be of some help here but I'll let her enjoy her Nintendo Switch)

*RPG Maker MV Kids DLC being locked behind multiple paywalls (yeah, I'm going to need this to be able to use that DLC in GCH: PE)

*Running low on Steam Wallet funds (I bought the Casino Tiles for VX Ace at full price when I should of waited for the sale and saved $6-but I had no way of knowing)

*Having an issue deciding where to drop my demo that won't be a long and arduous process (you all can forget Steam because I don't have $100 nor is there any justification to spend that kind of money on a game that I'll be releasing for free)

*I'm having other Ruby syntax issues that are just a minor burden that I'll eventually figure out

 

That's all everyone.


×