Final Fantasy Styled Battle Log v2.05
By William Couillard
This script changes the default behavior and aesthetics of Window_BattleLog to resemble the way the Battle Log window would look in a Final Fantasy game.
- 1.00: Customizable opacity for the Battle Log window.
- 1.00: Define skills that will not show up in the Battle Log window (i.e. normal attacks, defending, etc.).
- 1.01: Updated to include options to change the Battle Log window width and alignment.
- 1.01: Updated to include option to show Actor/Enemy names prior to skill message or not.
- 1:02: Bugfixes.
- 1.03: Bugfixes.
- 1.04: Updated to allow different windowskins for actor and enemy attacks.
- 2.00: Rewrote script. Needless features removed. Icons in skill and item names showing now. Possible to use different fonts for enemy and ally skills.
- 2.01: Forgot to include an overwritten method in v2.00. Updated to reflect that change (this should also stop the 'blank window' issue).
- 2.02: Fixed a bug where changing the Y offset would only move the window's position, and not the skill/item icon and text.
- 2.03: Fixed a bug where default battle sounds like recovery and evasion weren't playing with skills or items.
- 2.04: Bugfix for default battle system, correcting an error where enemies wouldn't collapse when they die.
- 2.05: Streamlined the ignored skills code to automatically omit any skills that do not contain a "use" message. Cleaned up redundant code.
How to Use
Simply paste the script ABOVE Main and BELOW "Materials" section. It is a good idea to post this script BELOW any scripts which have had compatibility patches added.
This script almost completely rewrites the way Window_BattleLog functions, so it's a good idea to place this script BELOW any script which also overwrites methods from Window_BattleLog.
Pastebin Link: http://pastebin.com/i1uXe2NN
Credit and Thanks
- Swish, for the idea.
- Keith Brewer, for some coding help.
- KilloZapIt (Kayzee), for some coding help.