Single Status Update
Hey there! I tried to play your game but i got this error when i tried to launch it. I downloaded the game from itch.io
- Show previous comments 2 more
It's not that bad actually ~ sure it could use some in-engine font management, but just slapping the fonts in the project's Fonts folder gets the job done.
Regarding the default RM font, putting this one inside every Ace project should solve the issue. Even if you don't use the default font, the game will check for it upon startup anyway, so it's better to include it inside Fonts folder.
I always provide that font in all my games, otherwise they crash even for me.
Even players should be able to fix it by slapping the font in the game's Fonts folder. If there's no such folder, one could create it with that exact name and put the font I uploaded above there.
For example, the "Fonts" folder in one of my games:
I don't use Gothic at all, but the game crashes without it.
Oh, and the default Gothic font weights a bit, it adds more than 3MB to the project filesize.
I uploaded my own version of that font, where I removed the glyphs. It weights like few KB, almost nothing. It's just a blank font file with the correct family name, that just makes the game think, that it exists and that everything is alright. It's good if you don't use the default font at all.
But if you do use the default font, I suggest putting the original file~