Khas

Khas Pixel Movement

Khas Pixel Movement 1.2

by Khas Arcthunder

- Introduction:

Well, this is a Pixel Movement script. It modifies the original "tile step" movement into a "pixel step" movement. It's a really cool effect and it creates a better gameplay. Also, this script has a special collision system which provides realistic collisions, configurable by commenting your game's events.

- Features:

Pixel Movement for player, events, vehicles and followers

Plug and Play

Lag free

Map loading

Better follower AI

Better collision

Compatible with region and terrain

Compatible with any vehicle

Auto multiply event commands

Compatible with bushes

- How to use:

There are many commands and instructions for this script.

Please read them carefully at the script.

- Screenshots:

shot0001.jpg

shot0002.jpg

shot0003.jpg

shot0004.jpg

shot0005.jpg

- Links:

Terms of Use: English - Read before use

Download: English - Latest version at the end of the post.

Donations: Click here!

- Credits:

Created by Khas Arcthunder

Enjoy!

Edited by Khas
  • Like 5

tried this one and I have to say it's cool. Easy to use and gives a lot of power (:

Only thing I found is a little "bug". When you leave a vehicle and start to move, your second follower will move a bit aside of you.

It's not bad, I was just wondering why is this so, until I find out it only apears when the vehicle is not in the middle of the 32*32 tilegrid (:

Maybe I'll use it some day for a project but what I have to say to you is:

you sir are a god *_*

I found a bug in your demo, Khas. It seems if you park the airship in front of the house, go in, and press Space on the area relative to where the airship was on the last map, you'll enter the airship(even though its a different map D:).

This is one fine script! Had one issue: when you press yourself right up against a wall and move along it up and down, the player slightly overlaps the wall.

Thanks people =D

I'm glad you liked it!

Well, there's some little inconveniences, but they can be solved with a little caution while making your game.

Anyway, I'm constantly upgrading my scripts, so a better version may come!

See ya o/

So... instead of fixing these issues, you say people should just make their games so they arent noticible?

• Like 2

Updated to 1.2! A little bug fixed!

@Shiro

It's not bugs. It's the script behavior.

You need to program your game in a different way, the tile movement does not exist anymore.

If a bug appears, I will fix it. If a person's game crashes at some point for lack of reading instructions, I can do nothing.

Also, this airship bug appears to be related with the maker library, I will check it soon.

Great Khas! :*

Oh my God! I can't believe my eyes! this is the script I've been waiting for! Magnificent!

Is it possible to make it so only a few selected events have pixel movement?

ok nice script however is it possible for people to use a different spritesheet for characters when moving diagonal (like adding _1 to the end of the spritesheet or something?)

also there seams to be an issue with going through tiles with passage settings

Edited by Pheebes

This is a really awesome script! The movement feels a lot like the Earthbound games.

Oh man what an amazing script!

The problem is that once you try it and see how it works, you cant go back to default!! That and the loading time between maps is really noticeable, unfortunately if you had teleport with no screen fade, to get that instant switching, that is not longer possible :(

@Paradox

Very strange...

Try setting a different location for the start position. Or maybe a different map.

It's something wrong with your events.

And for the ones with passability problems:

read the instructions carefully and follow them.

I got it working, I don't know why but I failed to read the script thinking it had no configuration at all and so I never set up this

# Maps = [1,3,4,5,6,7]
 Maps = [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15]

• Is there any way to simply include all maps?

• Is there any way to disable auto-multiply event commands? For example I have 2 events next to eachother to jump the player over a gap, but if you are standing on both of them due to pixel-movement, you will jump twice. Any way to have it only use 1 event?

• Also, is it possible to reduce the diagonal movement speed? I think it's too fast compared to left/right

• Edit: I was testing it out and noticed that Events moving around on the map move by pixels too, but they move in much shorter distances. In my game, enemies are monsters on the map like this, and with your script their movements are too small because instead of moving from 1 square to the next, they move by pixels, could there be a way to disable pixel movement for certain events, or even an option to disable it completely for all event-movement?
  • I have Auto_Refresh_Tile_Events = true but events that are changing from an unpassable same-level-as-player event to a blank event that is below the player is not passable.

Edited by Paradox

umm,I have a doubt:when I try to use both diagonal movement script and your pixel movement with the party follow ON,I found a little problem,when I walk diagonaly the party members don't follow me,is there a way to fix that? (thanks for reading ^_^)

This works great...

then How can I use your KHAS Pathfinding system...with Pixel Movement? please help :3

Is there a way of running it on huge maps?

cause my game freezes when entering a large map :/

This script is such a perfect thing and I can't use it :(

Just started using the script...I guess Kha isnt active anymore. But i got the problem, that i cant use the restricted tiles (where u are just allowed to move by 1-3 sides)...i cant move onto them no matter where i come from :/

Maybe someone got the same prob and knows what to change?

Is there any reason why this script allows for 8-directional movement, but not multi-frames FOR the 8-directional movements?

Multiframes are working fine for left, right, up, and down. No reason why the animation looping should be wigging out when walking diagonally like it does.