Sign in to follow this  
NorXTream

Files corrupted, help please >_>

kay guys, i am a little frustrated, and by a little i actually mean alot.

The problem is that my pc had a BLUESCREEN while i was working on the rpg.

Now this is completly bad,but as i startet it up again, it couldnt load 4 datas (It obviously could have loaded the rest,because i replaced them with dummy files to check what works or not)

WHich are:

System
Scripts
mapinfos
and commonevents

Those 4 are buggy and if i replace them, the stuff works again.

HOWEVER; the maps arent shown (The map info datas work however) , but the database is still fed with informatios (e.g. actor)

Can someone fix that, or save as much as possible,expecilly the mapping? I dont mind doing the scripting again,because i know how it works,but the mapping is a serious deal!

Since i am really not sure how to fix it, i decided to *rar the WHOLE archieve WITH the corrupted and non corrupted files.

Again the priority of what saving is most important:

1) the maps, i was proud of em!
2) The events: Can be redone easily when the maps are there,np, but expecilly the quest board is a mess

3) rest.

This download link includes all dates of the project so far(and the 4 corrupted ones)

please just tell me that not everything has bit the dust. or else i might aswell restart mapping before i do the events. Now where i figure out how it worked it will take less times

(besides, i have screenshots,i can recreate it fairly easily i assume)

http://www.mediafire.com/?3qextp132hzzn6z

Cmone give me hope :S

Yea,backup is something i will do all day long now.

However,this somehow doesnt WORK. the chances are that i am just way to stupid.

Baisicly what i did, is just what it told me to. i copy and pasted (And overwrite map 1) in a new project folder,opened the script editor, entered the script somewhere under inserts. but nothign really happened.

what exactly am i doing wrong?

Exactly what i did, it didnt work. Like if i replace it (And the other corrupted files with 1 bytes to actually LET it work again) it still only shows 1 map which is an emtpy 001

PLEASE NOTE:

The mapinfo was actually not even created the way it was supposed to.

Edited by NorXTream

EDIT: Wait, I just noticed that some your maps are also corrupted. Oh boy. This is why it doesn't work. Leave me a while, I'll try to salvage what can be salvaged.

Edited by Kread-EX

Luckily i did not. The only map which seems to be completly blown into dust is the world map (Can you confirm that? If not, can you resend me it? because it seems the only map which isnt there anymore)
HOWEVER that oinly make sense BECAUSE the RPG maker crashed WHILE i was in the world screen.

The best thing is

ALL EVENTS ARE STILL THERE!

Just the switches have no actual name anymore,same for the variables.
Could i care less? HELL NO.

I dont really know why it didnt work,after i did it the long manual way it did, which is funny. After i startet creating 17 maps (because luckily i have only 17 of them) and than copy and paste them(plus overwrite them) the file got created. But beforehand by just copy n pasting the ones i have,nothing happened.

I dont know how lucky i am,but a short testrun SHOWS me,that pretty much everything STILL works , exept for the world map which is (bless my step by step working)wasnt even remotely finished.

Thank you so much Kread-EX. My heart stopped for a second right there! But i learned my lesson, which is backuping. Alot.

EDIT:
EVEN THE DISPLAY NAMES ARE STILL THERE!

I AM SO LUCKY I CANT BELIEVE IT!

If i can return the favor, tell me!I owe you one big time!

Edited by NorXTream

Ok, I finished. This MapInfos should work (it did during my tests)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52061415/MapInfos.rvdata2

Maps 1 and 7 were corrupted though.

Side note: MapInfos only stores the tree structure (in the editor) so your maps work even without it. In your case, you also had corrupted maps though :/

Edited by Kread-EX

thats funny because map 7 doesnt even seem to be missing to be honest. i checked twice and thrice but i cant think of a map which is not there anymore exept the WM.

EDIT:

FOund the answer, apperantly , map 7 does use a complete unique tileset which i classefied as "High detailed interior " , if you dont have it,obviously it somehow got corrupted . BUt all maps exept WM work completly fine for me!

Edited by NorXTream

that must be your side than. Because i just ran through every single map and it kinda worked.

So unless you tell me which map is may or may not corrupted (map 7 doesnt say alot, but i assume its part of the university) i guess it works either way. If not i will figure that out in some testruns pretty soon.