Hi Gary! I'm attempting to use your Free Movement script with XAS ABS, but I'm getting some errors when I try.

The error specifically says :

"Script 'Free Movement' line 828: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method '+' for nil:NilClass"

Occasionally I get it on line 874 instead

Line 828 in bold :

def move_random
    @move_poll+= [[2 + rand(4) * 2, true]] * ((24.0 + (rand(160) / 10) ) / CXJ::FREE_MOVEMENT::PIXELS_PER_STEP).ceil
  end

Any idea what could be causing this? I'm new to ruby.

EDIT : Nevermind, I figured that issue out. @move_poll was undefined because XAS was overriding Game_CharacterBase's initialize function as well.

If I just put Free Movement above XAS, I get around that error, but now I get other weird behaviours, like diagonal movement seems to be storing a lot of 'movement' on the stack. If you hold down Bot-Right for 3 seconds, you'll be stuck walking that way for 6> seconds

Looks like I'll have my work cut out for me if I want these two scripts to work together, so I think I'll just give up here.
Edited by AmongTheSheep

Updated to version 0.84, which adds the possibility to disable or enable it per map. I haven't added it as a switch, as it would take a lot of time to test, and the entire code already isn't really as stable as it is.

By the way, I recently got a PM about my scripts and it being used in commercial games. Like the license I used said, yes, you can use it in both non-commercial as well as commercial games without asking permission, yes, you have to credit me according to the license (although I myself don't really give much about it). Hopefully this will clear up everything.

Any clue if this is compatible with Falcao Pearl ABS system? This one: http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/8809-falcao-pearl-abs-liquid-update-v2/page-19

When I use both, your script crashes with an error on line 1156 or 1056, not sure which. It says it has 5 arguments instead of 4. This only happens when I hit the action key.

Unfortunately, I won't add support for that one. As my scripts are completely free to use both for non-commercial as well as commercial games, I don't feel like adding support for scripts that aren't compatible with that. That, and it might require me to add portions of the code of that other script, which makes my own code a bit iffy.

Updated to version 0.86, which adds the possibility for followers to retrace your steps. It's not perfect, as it will break when using move route events, but that might be easy to fix.

Also, I might have figured out what the 0.85 update also had, aside from the aforementioned. I removed a few checks, making diagonal movement, especially when dashing, less laggy.

Hi!
I'm new to RPG Maker and to forums.
I am using this script but I can't seem to make a change to event collision boxes with the commands from the script instructions:

I tried to put a string command into the event itself:

set_collision_rect(string)
 set_collision_rect(1, 1, 8, 24)

I tried to put a comment into the event:
 <collisionbox: string>
 <collisionbox: 1, 1, 8, 24>

I tried putting notes on that map:
 <collisionbox EV006: string>
 <collisionbox EV006: 1, 1, 8, 24>

Most of the time I get an error message saying:
Script 'Game_Interpreter' line 1411: NameError occured

undefined local variable or method 'string' for

#<Game_Interpreter:0xc0c1d34>

Am I supposed to rewrite "string" into something else?

Any help is appreciated.

You're only supposed to use one of the two. It's why I added a demo, which is how you generally figure out how to use stuff. When making a demo, I try to use all the methods I described, so that everybody has several examples of how stuff is done. That way people can find out the several ways my scripts can be used, and that's how generally all demoes work.

Yeah, that is it.
Thanks for the fast reply, this would have bothered me for a long time.
I did download your demo but my could not unzip it, and that was it for me.

Anyway, thanks a lot, your script is working wonders for me.

Any clue if this is compatible with Falcao Pearl ABS system? This one: http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/8809-falcao-pearl-abs-liquid-update-v2/page-19

When I use both, your script crashes with an error on line 1156 or 1056, not sure which. It says it has 5 arguments instead of 4. This only happens when I hit the action key.

Unfortunately, no ABS script can be compatible with no pixel/free movement script. It has something to do with the way on which weapons are drawn into the map and stuff... It's sad, but you have to choose, and I choose the ABS over the free movement. You can still use an 8-directional script, but all action scripts require the use of the grid.

I wonder how we could use this for parallax maps. I'm sure several people have has passability issues with parallax map.

The collision boxes might fix some of this.

I wonder how we could use this for parallax maps. I'm sure several people have has passability issues with parallax map.

The collision boxes might fix some of this.

Funny you mentioned that.

I, eh, actually implemented Tsukihime's Collision Maps so that it actually works with this script. So you can basically do just that.

I might make my own DLL that supports adding collision maps for vehicles and stuff eventually, but right now I'm too busy doing other stuff.

On 6/9/2021 at 5:53 PM, Gorrdy.- said:

how to turn on and off per map

It gives the answer right on the first post.

Spoiler

Finally, there might be reasons to disable this script on certain maps. You can do so by changing the settings for auto-enable to false, or by using the following notetag in the map:

<free-movement-enabled true|false>

This setting has precedence over the global settings.

So you put the note tag on the map note box.