Script

Version 2.1: http://www.crimson-castle.co.uk/rpgmakerscripts/PlaytimeInMenuV2-1.txt

This is a pretty simple one and I'm sure it's already done, but this one uses the same code that's used to generate the playtime visible on save files. This script will make the playtime visible on the menu, as well as refreshing the playtime every second. You can also set whether you want the playtime to be displayed above the party gold or below the party gold, as well as whether you want both playtime and party gold to have separate windows or share the same window. Just make sure you put this one below any scripts that alter the menu screen.

Screenshots

playtimeinmenu.pngplaytimeinmenu2.png

Edited by Shadowmaster9000

Very simple, but handy.

Although a lot of people have done this, they haven't just added the simple basic implement of the feature, without adding too many other ones.

This is awesome! I was just wondering though, is there a way to make it not always be above the gold window? I'd like to be able to move it up a little bit, as I have a script that adds another little window & I'd really like that to be between the time played & gold windows.

This is awesome! I was just wondering though, is there a way to make it not always be above the gold window? I'd like to be able to move it up a little bit, as I have a script that adds another little window & I'd really like that to be between the time played & gold windows.

I see the last line of code has the     "@time_window.y = Graphics.height - @time_window.height - @gold_window.height" if you add to the end of that " - 10" it moves the window up slightly... and " + 10" would move the window down slightly...

it should look like    

@time_window.y = Graphics.height - @time_window.height - @gold_window.height - 10

play with this until u get the desired height :D

Edited by rbahamut

Hi! I really like this simple addition to the main menu. Is there any way to adjust how long before it fades out? I'm using a non-default window transition script and the game time window is a bit slow disappearing from the screen. Let me know, thanks!!

Dani

I'm only guessing, I think the reason the game time window is taking longer to disappear from the screen with your window transition script is because you put this script below your window transition script. Try putting it above and see what happens. (Or if this script is already above your window transition script, try putting it below.)

If that doesn't solve it then I'm afraid I can't help you because it's likely that your window transition script could be referencing specific windows in your main window.

I have updated this script with a new version which can be found here: http://www.crimson-castle.co.uk/rpgmakerscripts/PlaytimeInMenuV1-5.txt

This new version sadly doesn't include any new features, but uses less lines of code to run more efficiently. I've also added another line of code that should hopefully make it that the playtime window will always have the same width as the gold window.

Also to Dani, I can't guarantee that this will help solve your problem but give it a try anyways and see if it works any better.

Wow I never thought I'd ever update this script, but turns out I have with a couple of new neat features to boot:

• You can now set whether you want playtime to be displayed above or below your party gold
  • You can now set whether you want both playtime and party gold to be displayed in separate windows or share the same window

Both these new features can be seen in action in the new screenshot below:

playtimeinmenu2.png

You can also download the newest version of the script below:

Version 2.0: http://www.crimson-castle.co.uk/rpgmakerscripts/PlaytimeInMenuV2-0.txt

Can't believe I didn't notice this until now, but I designed the new gold window poorly because it'll now also show the time in other scenes that also use the gold window. I've made a separate window class for the combined time and gold window in the newest version below, which should solve this issue.

Version 2.1: http://www.crimson-castle.co.uk/rpgmakerscripts/PlaytimeInMenuV2-1.txt