Sign in to follow this  
Dekita

FOG

FOG
Dekita

Introduction
This script allows for each map to have upto 3 seperate fogs (parallaxes) each with different features e.g color / opacity / scroll speed

Screenshots
pkafog.png

How to Use

Place under Materials and above Main, place your fog graphics into the parrallax folder within your projects Graphics Folder.

Script
http://dekitarpg.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/fog/

Credit and Thanks
- Dekita / Dekita-RPG

- Hyde ( for asking me to write it)

Still, it's a different script, and, can be used as another option to use other than victors, CrazyNinjaGuy's, and all of the other ones.

Is it any different from Victor Sant's Fog system?

I had a look at victors script and yes mine is very different from his, to be honest his probably offers more options and control over the fog because of the way it was written.

I just wrote a simple little fog script to show fog on certain maps, with a 3 fog per map limit.

Still, it's a different script, and, can be used as another option to use other than victors, CrazyNinjaGuy's, and all of the other ones.
Indeed. ^_^

It looks like you have a script call with "setup_fog" in it and I didn't see that script call in Dektia's script. Perhaps it wasn't in the other either?

So one of my other scripts have a script call for setup_fog in it ? 

but I have tried this in a fresh and clean projectr and i cant get it to work , i get the same error ? 

plus after reading your coment i went through and checked each of the scripts i have and none of them have a script call with "setup_fog" call in it  ?

And thank you for the quick response 

-Cazziuz

EDIT:

I just retried in anether fresh project now instead oft he error it is like there isnt a script there at all, the game loads and everything is normal, but there is no fog.

I can upload a demo of both my project plus the clean slate one if needed.

Edited by cazziuz

Because you are getting an error in the game interpreter for an undefined method "setup_fog", I guessed that you have an event somewhere with the event command "script" that has "setup_fog" written in it... I could be wrong, but it would explain why the same error happens for multiple scripts.

ok, so is there a easy way to check for that , or should i check each and every event on all my maps ? 

no trying to be snippy or anything , just wondering what it is i can do to check this and fix it ?

-Cazziuz

EDIT:

Thank you Galv for your help , i found it ,lmao , it was on a map that i made a long time ago back when i first started this project ,lol ,its fixed now and thank you , now if i can justfigure out how to keep lines out of the fog ill be great ,lol , again thank you for your help and your quick responce :) 

-Cazziuz

Edited by cazziuz

I think you should start a new support topic as this may not have anything to do with this fog script you are posting in.

as Galv has said, you are getting this error because of using a script call that has not been set up by any script you are currently using. this means removing the script call "setup_fog" will most probably stop the error. you then need to use the correct script call to make fog appear ( if you are using a fog script, which is what i assume you are trying to achieve )

Hey Dekita!

I was wondering how to get multiple fogs to work on one map. I'm adding this to the note box:

<fog a: Fog2>
<a move: 1, 0>
<a opac: 100>
<a z: 50>
<fog b: Fog3>
<a move: 0, .5>
<a opac: 50>
<a z: 50>

If I just have a or b in there, it's fine, but both cause a heavy, static fog to appear on the map. I'm pretty new to RPG Maker, so I was just wondering if you could point out what newb mistake I'm making :). I suspect it is because I don't know how to properly separate the two. Thanks a ton for the great script!

Edit: Figured it out! I now see that I was still using a in the second half of those notes instead of b. Silly me!  :rolleyes:
Edited by thegoodguylives