Falcao

Fantastic Pearl ABS Patch

Hello everyone

Here a new patch for my most wanted script engine Pearl ABS Liquid V2 it add some great features to the main engine, enchant the game play, apply some bug fix and much more.

What is the great thing about patching instead updating? OK well hundreds of peoples are already using my liquid v2 script version into theirs projects and i dont want them to download the demo once again etc etc, so, with this patch you will be able to upgrade the older engine just by copy and paste this code into your working project.

* Features

- User and  Projectiles iconset graphic enabled
 - User graphic has 3 different animation types to chose from
 - Projectile graphics has 2 animation types
 - All battle members dead fix
 - Repeated shield bug fix
 - Self switch note tag bug fix (now able to use the Dead enemy self witch tag)
 - Now able to erase an enemy forever when dead (if tagged with self switch)
 - Game play enchanted

* Installation

Paste this script BELOW Pearl ABS Liquid V2 scripts

Advise about the User and Projectile iconset graphics

Do not be fool, do not complaint me about the icon animation patterns draw by the script, im too generous to provide you this great ass pain saver from Photoshop.

Script here

screenshots

User icon using the tool iconset graphic
gq7v.gif

Shielding
gq8x.gif

Projectiles
gq8k.gif

Bow static mode
gq89.gif

Neat!

I just came across a feature that might be interesting for some. A charged skill! :)

For example. You have a fireball skill which is tagged as "chargeable" then the user can decide if he/she wants to use the skill normally or charged. At fully charged rate the skill will do more damage then the normal one. Of course, to use a charged skill you need to press and hold the button a small amount of time.

Hehe anyways, just throwing out some ideas. Might actually be able to do it myself.

@nicke Actually i have some request for the charging attack feature but still i cant figure out how to implement it, would be great if you can give a try too

@pikalyze Leave your tbs and start making real battle system >_<

Sir falcao maybe this comment must not go here but, is there a possible to make a summon skill auto attack enemies...

Example: i created a summon servant that allows the summoned skill to approach enemies and attack??

Sir falcao maybe this comment must not go here but, is there a possible to make a summon skill auto attack enemies...

Example: i created a summon servant that allows the summoned skill to approach enemies and attack??

This topic is not for support, ask this question in the Pearl ABS main post

I put "User Iconset = animated" into the weapon tag,and there is nothing happen :-C

Should I input other setting like "User Anime Speed = ..." ? 

I put "User Iconset = animated" into the weapon tag,and there is nothing happen :-C

Should I input other setting like "User Anime Speed = ..." ? 

Do not leave any extra blank spaces at the variable definition |User Iconset = animated| common mistake 

Quick question, how in the bloody hell does the Projectile Iconset function work?

I've tried it but nothing comes out. At all.

You should test that note tag with a ranged tool obviously, 

Sorry, but I cant get it to work either.

Do we have to change any of the other tags.. or do I just put it there and it works?

Edit: I did try it on your demo ( the longbow) but when i shot it, the bow icon set graphic was the projectile,

and the user graphic was the bow in the Characters file. I tried making a shuriken type item, but since there was no user graphic, i guss, nothing was shot.

Edited by yupoodoo

Well, I just want to say THANK YOU! I requested this a little while ago (weapons using icons). You have no idea how much I appreciate this! I am now going to move all of my work from XAS to this wonderful engine.\

Thanks again!

The Tool Graphic = (insert characterfile here) is the line that will play when you shoot or throw a projectile.

To use the iconset graphic you must change User Graphic = nil and add User Iconset = animated

Edited by HumanNinja

The Tool Graphic = (insert characterfile here) is the line that will play when you shoot or throw a projectile.

To use the iconset graphic you must change User Graphic = nil and add User Iconset = animated

well can please say exactly what you are suppose to do because I do that and I get a error message that says:

Script '- Pearl Kernel' line 695: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method '>' for nil:NilClass

Hey Falco, Brilliant script and excellent support and help from you. I'm currently using the system in my game. I have the Fantastic patch instaled but I'm still having trouble using the "Enemy Die Self Switch X" I've set up my Enemy even type as action so it has 4 pages the 4th one being activated only by Self switch D. I've pasted this into the data base as "Enemy Die Self Switch D" but when I defeat the Enemy is doesn't turn the self switch D on. 

Hey Falco, Brilliant script and excellent support and help from you. I'm currently using the system in my game. I have the Fantastic patch instaled but I'm still having trouble using the "Enemy Die Self Switch X" I've set up my Enemy even type as action so it has 4 pages the 4th one being activated only by Self switch D. I've pasted this into the data base as "Enemy Die Self Switch D" but when I defeat the Enemy is doesn't turn the self switch D on. 

The tag is

Enemy Die Self Switch = D

Hey, so I downloaded the script, but when I test play the game and try to use the 'F' key to hit with my sword, nothing happens. I know nothing about scripts, so I have no idea if I'm supposed to change anything or how in order to make it work. :/ So if you could respond telling me how you think I could fix it, that would be great. :) Thank you. 

Greetings 

First let me say than you falcao for the amazing ABS ...it meats and exceeds all my hopes for it ...

next can someone please explain the User Iconset = animated?

like where i am suppose to put it ? 

i am certain it is just a user error as to why it wont work , but here is what happens ...

if i put it in without changing anything , one swing is the iconset the next is the $Axe graphic 

if i take the graphic part out of the tags ..i cant attack at all ?

any help would be greatly appreciated 

-Cazziuz