Sign in to follow this  
Daemonium

Help with YEA Battle Engine

Hello, I'm using the "YEA - Battle Engine" plus "YEA - Core Engine" (both in last version) on my game.

I noticed that when a monster casts any skill that does more than one hit, for example two hits, if the first one is being counterattacked, the monster dies, and there is no more enemies, the enemy, even being dead, does the next hit too.

It might be at this way for some skills like could be Kamikaze, where the enemies dies and damages a member, but in the case of a counterattack it does not look good at all. What can I do for stop the next attacks in the case that the enemy/ally dies after a counterattack? (Meh)

The next issue is when someone gains an attack/defense buff/debuff, by some reason the game displays a square with a ?, screen: (Fixed)
2j2xibt.jpg

I tried to fix it by deleting the + and - near the %s of :add_buff and :add_debuff, but does nothing, also I've looked at the status tab for see if there was any symbol or something but nothing strange. I've tried to use other kind of fonts for popups but this have not fixed the issue, displays an empty square instead.

Now from here what I request are improvements:

• I want define a wait frame before the status windows moves to left when the battle turn ends for give a little time to ally popups for disappear. Click here
  • The default way of how the status icons are being displayed takes too much space, also if the users carries over four buffs/debuffs, only the first four are being shown, I think that would be very useful if all status icons are being displayed in the same position but in sequence, for example, first show blindness, after 30 frames sleep, after 30 frames protection, and so on, then shows again the first one. Done.
  • How can I do that the skills which deals damage more than once in the same enemy or in all enemies (no random enemies) display the damages right after the animation, instead of repeat the animation by the number of attacks? <one animation>
  • What must I do for that the skills that attacks all enemies, displays the damage done in all at the same time? (waiting for a solution).

I have another request more, but because might become a whole new module for YEA Battle Engine I'll request it in another topic.

If you don't understand something, please tell me, I know that my english isn't perfect and sometimes is kinda hard understand me.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I've tried to have only these two scripts in a new project and the square text issue still happens.

Edited by Daemonium

The square with the ? could be caused by a non-default font.  I haven't noticed that appearing in my game, but I haven't really started testing the battle engine itself, either.   As the other problems, I have no idea.  I don't get any help on my YEA Battle Engine questions either, but I wish you the best of luck!

â– The default way of how the status icons are being displayed takes too much space, also if the users carries over four buffs/debuffs, only the first four are being shown, I think that would be very useful if all status icons are being displayed in the same position but in sequence, for example, first show blindness, after 30 frames sleep, after 30 frames protection, and so on, then shows again the first one.

I think Modern Algebra has a script that fixes this.  Check RMRK.

â– What must I do for that the skills that attacks all enemies, displays the damage done in all at the same time?

I don't think such a script exists.  IIRC this one requires rewriting the way the battle engine processes everything.  Yanfly Battle Engine is mostly cosmetic, with a few other changes (speed changes affecting turn order during the turn, etc.)

â– I want define a wait frame before the status windows moves to left when the battle turn ends for give a little time to ally popups for disappear.

This one might be easy, but maybe not.  The status window doesn't really "move" to the left, so much as its position changes when the other windows are disposed or created around it.  I can't open the script right now, but you should try to find when the windows are created, and add a wait for however many frames.  This may have an unintended consequence of making the wait frames occur at the beginning of battle.

Just tested it out, I'm getting a []{ afterwards.  Kinda weird.  Going to see if it happens with the default font.

-update-

Yep, even with the default font I still get that.  But it only seems to happen when I cast a boost.  If the enemy casts something, it's normal...

-update2-

Only seems to happen with buffs (not states).  Must be something to do with parameters, maybe? *keeps digging*

-update3-

Looking at lines 313 and 314:

:add_buff   => "%s{",       # Appears when a positive buff is applied.
      :add_debuff => "%s|",       # Appears when a negative buff is applied.

I was able to get rid of the { after the [] by removing it from the line.  However, I was unable to get rid of the [], so my guess is...something isn't being called correctly?  I'm not sure >_<\

-last update of the night-

I got nothing.  All out of ideas, time to go to sleep.  I hope someone figures something out while I'm sleeping, this is rather annoying ^_^

-i lied, one more update-

I don't know what I did, but I got rid of the square after the buffs...but squares still appear IN FRONT OF debuffs T_T lol

Edited by Tigerbite

â– The default way of how the status icons are being displayed takes too much space, also if the users carries over four buffs/debuffs, only the first four are being shown, I think that would be very useful if all status icons are being displayed in the same position but in sequence, for example, first show blindness, after 30 frames sleep, after 30 frames protection, and so on, then shows again the first one.

I think Modern Algebra has a script that fixes this.  Check RMRK.

Thanks, I found the script you said and with few edits I could define the width for Window_Base [96] and another for Window_BattleStatus [24], in this way the face graphic on battles is more clear.

EDIT: Battle Status moving thing has been solved.

Below ENEMY_ATK_ANI add this:

TURN_END_FRAMES    = 30     # Frames before the turn completely ends

Then replace the whole def turn_end with this:

def turn_end
    all_battle_members.each do |battler|
      battler.on_turn_end
      status_redraw_target(battler)
      @log_window.display_auto_affected_status(battler)
      @log_window.wait_and_clear
    end
    update_party_cooldowns if $imported["YEA-CommandParty"]
    BattleManager.turn_end
    process_event
    @frametime = YEA::BATTLE::TURN_END_FRAMES # <== New line
    wait(@frametime) # <== New line
    start_party_command_selection
    return if end_battle_conditions?
    return unless YEA::BATTLE::SKIP_PARTY_COMMAND
    if BattleManager.input_start
      @party_command_window.deactivate
      command_fight
    else
      @party_command_window.deactivate
      turn_start
    end
  end

Now I just need support on the" buff square" problem and on display all the enemies popups at once.

Edited by Daemonium
  • Like 1

I like how you actually added an easily changeable setting for the number of frames to wait. I would've just put wait(30) in there.

Finally got rid of the boxes for buffs and debuffs..  There is nothing you're going to see, and I'm not even sure where the problem lies (because I was too lazy to test after every change.)

But there seems to be some weird escape characters added in on accident.  My suggestion to you retype the lines manually that have anything to do with "buff" and "debuff" between lines: 1-1400.  I can't give exact line numbers because I have modified mine a bit.  But they should be around lines: 313, 353, 970, 1366.

I don't find something weird... if you remember what you did please tell me.

Would be helpful if from now you post the solutions that you have found for the issues, just because at least for me is kinda frustrating see that someone has the same issues than you but all you see is "Oh! I found the solution" and the solution remains unknown :ph34r:

That's the problem, I don't know what the solution was.  You see, you're not going to "see" the problem in this one.  It's more like a blank space or line break or something.

I will get the original script and see if I can find out which lines are causing the problem.

But all you have to do is go to every line that has the word "buff" or "debuff" on it and retype it manually (then delete the original line.)

For the buff bug, I did this and it worked like a charm.

I found this under popup settings:

:add_buff   => "%s{",      # Appears when a positive buff is applied.
      :add_debuff => "%s|",      # Appears when a negative buff is applied.

and changed it to this:

:add_buff   => "%s+",      # Appears when a positive buff is applied.
      :add_debuff => "%s-",      # Appears when a negative buff is applied.

Did that get rid of the box as well?  That didn't get rid of the box for me.  I had to go replace other things.  That only got rid of the "{" and "|" symbols.

o.o

@Skarth

I tried to fix it by deleting the + and - near the %s of :add_buff and :add_debuff, but does nothing.

Thanks anyways for the try... :)

Has passed over 72 hours.

I couldn't find what provokes the square bug.

@Tigerbite if you have it fixed as well the display animations, can you pass me your script by PM? Don't worry, I'll remove everything that is yours.

I'm at work, but it's kind of slow, I think I'll grab the default script and see if I can fix it now.

:absorbed   => "ABSORB",    # Appears if foe can absorb the element.
      :add_buff   => "%s",      # Appears when a positive buff is applied.
      :add_debuff => "%s",      # Appears when a negative buff is applied.
    } # Do not remove this.

Delete "%s{" and "%s|" (including the quotation marks).  Then retype them.  Or you can just copy/paste the 4 lines of code I posted over the same 4 lines in your script.  It should fix the problem.  (I know, it looks like nothing changed, but just trust me and do it. ;) )

You can then put + and - if you want to for buff and debuff.

Edited by Tigerbite

Hm that's weird, I did that already, but I copied and pasted, and then it was fixed, lol.

Now, what do I need for display the animations above status window?

And isn't there any way to display the damages to all enemies at once?

@Tigerbite, please don't double post within 72 hours.

@Dae, no idea about those 2.

@Galv, RAWR.  (Thought I hit the edit.) T_T

What worked for me was going to the PopUp settings, where the font settings say DEFAULT, change the bottom 2 (buff & debuff) to "VL Gothic" with quotations.

I apologize for necro posting, but just in case none of the above worked for anyone else (like me) here ya go.

-KD

Edited by KingDragoon0101

Please don't necropost as it is against the forum rules. Closing this one.