Dekita

$D13x - Skill Levels

$D13x - Skill Levels
Dekita

Introduction
 This script gives skills - levels.
 You can have different growth types, exp requirements, max level,
 level name and damage multiplier for each skill.
 Simple notetag usage.
 Plug-N-Play.

Screenshots

skilllvss_zps98fd8e30.png

How to Use

Place Under Materials and Above Main

Full instructions and requirements in the script.

Script

LINK

Credit and Thanks
- Dekita / Dekita-RPG

Edited by Dektia

what of passive skills, I guess that works well and is a script made by you?

I say this because I tried one a while.

did not work well,and I think it was yours.

Sorry my English Tinker made by google translator: P

Lol passive skills.

using my statistic control script you can allow for skills to give statistics like mhp, atk ect...

Using the script i am uploading as we speak , you can create proficiency skills...

eg.. Skills that increase specific weapon damage, or element damage ...

it's my fault, this script is new and confused with one that uses a while.

I liked it, the whole pack for the skills, I would use it but I get some kind of incompatibility, I have too many scripts in my game.

anyway, good job, I think the final touch would be enable or disable passive skills as FF9 ;)

anyway, good job, I think the final touch would be enable or disable passive skills as FF9 ;)

I will have to look into that :o

I'm Getting Line 808 Nomethoderror. Unrefined  Method `[]' for nil:NilClass

I'm really interested in this script but I can't figure out what went wrong...

sorry, there should be no where near that amount of lines within this script, the last version i released has 535 lines total.

The error must be coming from another script. make sure you have the latest version of my core script, this script and the skills scene script and it should all work fine.

Its coming from $D13x Stat Control 1.3 and isn't that yours? Hmmm... can it incompatible with mog hunters scripts? Cause I'm using theirs since I love their battle system...

it may be incompatible with moghunters scripts. i havent checked myself.

have you made sure you have all the most recent versions of the scripts ?

Ok... I updated them but now... I'm getting 2 different error from statistic script... I get error from line 727 during battle test and that 808 for test play during actual game where I encounter enemy.

727 error

Undefined local variable or method `determine_stat_inc_type' for #<game_actor:0x8de6ec8>

808 error is the same

ok im pretty sure i fixed it, if you redownload the stat control script it should work fine, (i had thought i already uploaded the fix for that issue, but forgot to upload it lol)

Oh wow... 3eb4e7b3.gif

But I'm not at my pc right now so i'll get back to you in a bit... Hopefully it will works now th_113_.gif

Alright! It's working now ^^ Only thing now is I can't load saved file before this script was put it... but its working now! Thanks!

Whoa lag... can't delete it myself so some one please do so. didn't mean to triple post = =!

Edited by pkmaster99

Hey... I'm sorry but I have to bother you again... This time is error from the actual Skill script.

line 414: ArgumentError occured. wrong nuimber of arguments(0 for 1)

This happen when I use a skill from menu out side of battle. That skill is a skill which allow my actor to change class. I have the skill run a common event.  The common event cotain some skill forget and skill learning as well as letting the character stay at same level. It also have conditional branch that confirm if there is any extra skill that was learned out side of normal skill learn list from classes. All of the skill that have common event doesn't seem to be able to run their events too. Hopfully im not troubling you too much @_@

Edited by pkmaster99

Congratulations !! You found a bug !! But i got the pleasure of Squishing it...

Redownload the script and let me know how you get on :)

Congratulations !! You found a bug !! But i got the pleasure of Squishing it...

Redownload the script and let me know how you get on :)

How I get on? ehhh that doesn't make sense from what you said after "let me know" but... It's working now ^^ This is raelly the best skill level script I have seen so far XD Love it!

How I get on? ehhh that doesn't make sense from what you said after "let me know" but... It's working now ^^ This is raelly the best skill level script I have seen so far XD Love it!

"how you get on" = let me know if that solves the problem or not :P (maybe its just a local term / phrase :D)

Also, im glad you like it, i tried to keep it as simple and effective as possible :D

Just a side note...

If you are using my statistic / elements control scripts, you can give skills stats, for example, "health skill" increases MHP by 50 ( at level 1 )

then when your skill levels, it would multiply the "50" by the damage multiplier (set in this script) so it would then be, 55 (for example)

This allows for dev's to create passive type skills that increase stats / element(atk+def) that can also be leveld up various ways :D

i was also thinking of making it a percentage type thing, but for now i think it works ok.

Once i have caught up on my workload i will most probably add that feature anyway :)

Another suggestion for you then... XD might be nice to allow the actor to keep the skill exp and level of a skill even if they forgot it. So when that actor remember/relearned the skill it have the same level.

i think you should look at line 102 (around there anyway)

looks something like...

# Reset Level && Exp after forgetting skill ?
  Reset_On_Forget = true

:P

lol, i wouldn't worry about it.

I've seen people miss the whole customization section of a script before...

... The Shame ...

I consider there a fair chance that I may have just missed mention of it somewhere, but would there be a way presently using this script (and/or with your Statistic Control script) to implement a way to learn a new skill once a current skill reaches a certain level? i.e., character A learns Tornado at the same time that he acquires Wind Lvl 5? Thanks in advance.