Sign in to follow this  
Negix

Pause screen button change

Hello people. I'm using Rony Alexander's script for the pause system in the game. His script is an edited version of the ORIGINAL pause screen script by Unsigned_Zero.

Here's the script:

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/5032-ronys-simple-pause-system/

Problem is if you want to change the input button you want to use to open up your pause menu, you need to change the command on line34 to let's say an example: you change the default one being "F8" to "C''.

PAUSE_INPUT = "F8" # Pause Input, keyboard input to begin the pause

There's the line in case if you're wondering which. Now by changing it, it creates a problem on line40 which is:

PAUSE_INPUT2 = eval("Input::#{PAUSE_INPUT}") # Input keyboard that will resume

Does anyone know how to fix this?

What key are you changing it to? 

I have a feeling your problem is related to how the keys are named in the engine, vs. what you're putting in the script.  If you check out Cidiomar's Input script, it will give you an idea of what keys are named in the editor. 

For example, "9" isn't that, it's "NUMBER_9" or the like (don't quote me on this).

It's :C. If you don't put a colon before the "C", it will throw an error.

And by default, :C is Enter/Z Key.

EDIT: After reading the post, I realized that my answer given was completely null and had nothing to do with the actual problem.

The only thing that strikes me is unusual is why is there a comment mark at {PAUSE_INPUT}?

Just change the first one to "C"

However the C button by default is the confirm button(Space bar, Enter, Z) so thats going to screw your keys up.

Exactly, but by changing the button to "C'' theres a conflict with the other line. So the problem in all is the second line that I feel like there something there that's conflicting with the changing in the command.

Also "C" is just an example. I originally wanted to maker ''Enter" the pause button. But I'll change it to "LCtrl" or "S" if it's possible.

Edited by Havoc