Meph's Ocarina Instrument System v1.5

MephistoX

Introduction

Well, nothing to say, a nice ocarina for VX, made from scratch.

It allow you to play notes and if you match the correct notes, a trigger will be activated.

Features

- Easy to Configure and Use.

- Include 3 triggers, switch, teleport and common event to add whatever you want.

If you have an idea of a trigger, tell me.

- Added Song List (Warning, Very very simple and rustic)

- Added New Style of Background, like in Zelda

Screenshots

post-992-0-28636200-1330245576_thumb.png

post-992-0-44265000-1330397544_thumb.png

post-992-0-78858700-1330397550_thumb.png

Yes, even i included a key of sol (because i don't know how to say sol in english, i mean, the note sol),

if you want to noshow the window behind, just put self.opacity = 0 in the Tetragram Window Class.

How to Use

See the Script within the demo, all the instructions are there.

Demo

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62869616/Meph%27s%20Ocarina.rar

http://www.mediafire...o0apc6aa2katfad <= Mistribe resource pack.

Script

You'd better get the demo.

FAQ

No Questions So Far.

Credit and Thanks

- MephistoX for Create the Script

Author's Notes

Script Availiable for Free Proyects.

Edited by Mephistox

A correctly played song could also trigger a common event, maybe? I think that is a little more convenient, and you can do both teleports and switch operations with it. :)

I think i was stupid there, but yes, i'll add that inmediatly.

Edit: Added Commont, event, test and tell me.

Edited by Mephistox

Updated to 1.2

- Removed all the unnecesary shit, just retain the common event. I thought the triggers as teleport or switch were unnecessary now, see the new demo to know how to configure the new songs.

What about battle usability and calling a skill effect

@mascarpone: actually, i didn't check the battle system at all, but i think that isn't difficult, the problem is that only will be compatible with the default battle system, that's a big deal because the big ammount of plugin-ins and other battle systems, that's the reason i don't have beefs with the DBS, but i'll check what can i do about it.

Edited by Mephistox

This is your pack, edited with the 5th note from Ocarina of time, and all the ocarina of time songs. :) Took a little while to do. But I had to change most of your notes and note placements. And I made my own icons for it.

Link: http://www.mediafire...2vovodywpfpdw22

I'll be checking it.

Now, about the SongList, i made a very very rustic and classic Song List. If not the thing you were looking for, just made a little sketch of the way you want it and i'll make it in contribution of your nice pack of se and songs :).

Also thanks for fixing the demo, i'm not good at making demos of my own things.

Another also, the demo that you used is the old version of the system, now the system was simplified to make it easy events at playing the correct song. Check it out.

http://dl.dropbox.co...s%20Ocarina.rar

Edited by Mephistox

This is your pack, edited with the 5th note from Ocarina of time, and all the ocarina of time songs. :) Took a little while to do. But I had to change most of your notes and note placements. And I made my own icons for it.

Link: http://www.mediafire...2vovodywpfpdw22

I'll be checking it.

Now, about the SongList, i made a very very rustic and classic Song List. If not the thing you were looking for, just made a little sketch of the way you want it and i'll make it in contribution of your nice pack of se and songs :).

Also thanks for fixing the demo, i'm not good at making demos of my own things.

Another also, the demo that you used is the old version of the system, now the system was simplified to make it easy events at playing the correct song. Check it out.

http://dl.dropbox.co...s%20Ocarina.rar

I'm pretty good at altering scripts to my liking. :P But I was wondering if you could re-make your script with different alias' so I could use the Wind Waker Baton? Like... Use the same script, just make it not play note sounds? and I'll update my pack to your latest version! I'll upload as soon as I'm done. :)

Here's the 1.5 updated with my edits, and I have all the Ocarina of Time, and Wind Waker songs fully working. :) Take a look! Tell me what you think. Only took me and hour or so to re-do my other edits of your 1.1 version to the 1.5 version, then make all new Events for them. X_x I hope you like it!

Link: http://www.mediafire...o0apc6aa2katfad

Edited by MistTribe

I'm pretty good at altering scripts to my liking. :P But I was wondering if you could re-make your script with different alias' so I could use the Wind Waker Baton? Like... Use the same script, just make it not play note sounds? and I'll update my pack to your latest version! I'll upload as soon as I'm done. :)

Mmm. i didn't get what you asked there, can you explain it again please.

Here's the 1.5 updated with my edits, and I have all the Ocarina of Time, and Wind Waker songs fully working. :) Take a look! Tell me what you think. Only took me and hour or so to re-do my other edits of your 1.1 version to the 1.5 version, then make all new Events for them. X_x I hope you like it!

Link: http://www.mediafire...o0apc6aa2katfad

Neat! ;)

@mistribe: Look up at the Tetragram Window and search for this line:

# Draw Tetragram
4.times do |i|
  contents.fill_rect(12, 20 + (i * 20), 376, 2, normal_color)
end

Change the normal_color, for the color that you want (look at window base) or simply use text_color(id),reeplacing id for the id of the color in the windoskin color chart.

# Draw Tetragram
4.times do |i|
  contents.fill_rect(12, 20 + (i * 20), 376, 2, text_color(10))
end

_________

If you don't want the vertical lines, just remove the following.

# Draw Lines of Begin and End in the Tetragram
2.times {|i| contents.fill_rect(i*5 + 12, 20, 2, 60, normal_color)}
2.times {|i| contents.fill_rect((i * 5) + 381, 20, 2, 60, normal_color)}

Or if you want to change the color of these, follow the same proccess that with the horizontal lines.

Edited by Mephistox

Would be great if this script would turn out as ABS like in Eternal Sonata!

Actually I'm dreaming about seeing something like that in action.

You can use this script with an ABS. It's what I'm doing! I'm making a zelda style game.

You can use this script with an ABS. It's what I'm doing! I'm making a zelda style game.

What abs are you using? I am using Blasphemia, but it seems to have a conflict with this, I think. I get an error in line 1409 of game_interpreter when i try to learn a song?

What abs are you using? I am using Blasphemia, but it seems to have a conflict with this, I think. I get an error in line 1409 of game_interpreter when i try to learn a song?

You should not have problems with learning songs, since I didn't overwrite methods or anything. Can you post the list of scripts and also the screen of the bug and line.

Thanks.

Well, there isn't really need to now. i found the problem. Your script is incompatible with Blasphemia ABS for this reason; BABS edit and overwrites two or so lines in Game_Interpreter with it's own. Lines that apparently are used by your script calls. I took out BABS "Game interpreter" to test and see if I was right and Viola, I learned the song. But then certain functions of the ABS were unavailable. I would give more detailed information, but I abandoned the ABS in favour of using your system, and don't feel like going back and trying to recreate it. -Edit- Let it be known that this script is legend in my eyes.

Edited by Heavenlysynner

Are we pasting the RGSS300 file in?  I'm not very good with scripts, please help and thanks!

Edited by Mudkip

Just thought I'd say my old resource pack for this somehow got deleted from mediafire, so I'm remaking it from scratch. :) You might wanna take down the old link until I remake it and re-upload it. It won't take me long, probably a week at tops.