Acebent

advanced drop system

Hey guys. I've been looking around with no luck for an advanced drop system. I know of Yanfly and Tsukihime's systems, but they're not quite what I'm looking for. 

I want to be able to setup drops into categories where 1-2 of the category will drop, with maybe 3-4 categories per monster. An example would be 1-2 drops from a list of medical items, 1-2 from a list of Weapons, 1-2 from a list of Armor, and 0-1 from a list of rare items.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is absolutely uncanny!  I was just about to make the same script request!  Only difference was I wanted to have items drop based on some sort of condition.  I think the requests are different enough to warrant another thread, but still... 

Good luck with yours!

bump.. any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking at other's scripts to see if i could make something myself.. but im still getting lost when it comes to this programming

I'm not sure how much it will help, bu TH did the script I requested yesterday.  With a little fiddling, you might be able to get it to do what you need.

Did you check Modern Algebra's drop scripts?  You can set a group of items as linked to a dummy item, and have an enemy drop the dummy item.  Then when the player receives the dummy item as a drop, they instead randomly receive one item from the group. You can then set the 3 drops from the monster to each be linked to different dummy items, with different drop rates.  And you can even use another script to extend the number of drops beyond 3.

Does that sound like what you're looking for?

Wow lol just took a look at the script... that's damn close, if not exactly what I've been looking for haha. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Time to re-rework my drop settings lol