Introduction
This is part of YEA - Battle Engine. It contains only the damage popup code, so it should work with almost any battle system flawlessly.

I hope people can make some use out of it. biggrin.png

Screenshots
Not needed.

Credits
Yanfly and Helladen.

Commercial
To read the rights of what the author expects go here.

Script

1.0.4 - Default Battle System

Dropbox

1.0.2 - Victor Saint Animated Battle

Dropbox

Edited by Aeirex

Isn't working for me, causing a NoMethod error on make_damage_value. Does this require Yanfly's Core script?

EDIT: commenting out this part of the line (unless $game_temp.evaluating) seemed to fix it. Now testing to see if compatible with SFonts.

Edited by William C

Seems like this script breaks the functionality of Craze's Regrowth Options script. No crashes, but that script no longer functions properly. Probably due to using the same methods that make damage values.

Seems like this script breaks the functionality of Craze's Regrowth Options script. No crashes, but that script no longer functions properly. Probably due to using the same methods that make damage values.

Try putting it above the damage popup script.

Edited by Helladen

I am having trouble making the script work.  Every time an encounter happens I get the following message:  

Script 'Yanfly Damage Popups' line 336: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'subject' for #<scene_battle:0x86d9acc

@viewport=#<viewport:0x443adec>>

Im still rather new to all of this, and am not sure what to do to remedy the situation.

Just reporting that there are issues with VE - Actor Battlers and VE - Animated Battle when using the newest version of this script. Animation wait times are ignored, and actor battler sprites are placed in the incorrect positions (previous version works fine though!)

Just reporting that there are issues with VE - Actor Battlers and VE - Animated Battle when using the newest version of this script. Animation wait times are ignored, and actor battler sprites are placed in the incorrect positions (previous version works fine though!)

Yeah, updated topic with 1.0.2.

Edited by Aeirex

It contains only the damage popup code, so it should work with almost any battle system flawlessly.

From the original post.

Really nice! I will give it a shot to replace current dmg pop-up script in my project.