Tidloc

Tidloc's Item Dismantling

Tidloc's Item Dismantling v.2.4
by Tidloc

Introduction
With this script you are enabled to Dismantle each item into its elements or other items - as you choose. Completely changeable over a extern .ini-file

Features
- may be called with the script-command Tidloc.exe("Dismantle",:call) or via pressing a predefined Key (in the code no key is defined, if e.g. F6 Key shall be assigned, write :F6) or over the Menu (Menu constant in the first lines, if true its available)
- which item has which outcome or even if it can be dismantled at all is defined via notetags
- each item/weapon/armor can consist of up to any number of elements.
- description of how to set it up is in the first lines of the script in commentary
- no more support for external file Tidloc.ini!

Screenshots

How To Use
simply enter this script below all standart script, above main, but also below my Header
every change for non-scripters is made in the first lines of the script within the module Tidloc and in the notetags of items. (See attachment and Demo)

Demo
Demo

Script
Download this file for the script.

FAQ

Q: I found a bug or have a suggestion, how ca I contact you?

A: please look into my signature, there you'll always find the most recent contact information!

otherwise easy to use, see my Demo, if other questions appear, I will enter them here :-)

Credits and Thanks
Tidloc :lol:

Changelog:

03/03/2012: 1.0.1: inserted Demo and screenshot
04/13/2012: 1.0.2: uploaded new Demo with actual scripts
05/02/2012: 1.0.3: cleared a minor bug
05/27/2012: 1.1: Big update in compatibility (v.1.1), also header update needed!
06/02/2012: 2.0: new release out! completely rewrote some parts of the script, for details see my header. Also header update needed.
07/10/2015: 2.1: rewrote some parts of the script, deleted the compatibility with Tidloc.ini and changed to notetags.
07/18/2015: 2.2: fixed some issues with my custom equipment and rewrote the item window to the RGSS3-standard, as adjusted RGSS2 was used so far.
07/23/2015: 2.2.1: fixed a little fault in displaying items after dismantlng and updated the demo

09/30/2015: 2.3: included a confirmation window and the possibility of own sound effect upon dismantling

10/10/2015: 2.4: inplemented the possibility to show the outcome while still choosing the item to dimantle

04/29/2018: updated contact information

tidloc.txt

Edited by Tidloc

Strangely, this seems a little buggy to me. I even loaded the demo up and it had a hard time executing its own scripts before crashing. I removed the alchemy tidloc script and got the game to at least load up. But of course it would fail when time came to do any alchemy. Am I alone on this?

nope it isn't, if you find any fault, just contact me and I will handle them ;-)

even though I'm not native, I think my English is quite good :-P

No you didn't. It's still broken!

lol, thats because I'm updating it, try again in 15 minutes :)

Edit: new demo is up!

Edited by Tidloc

No you didn't. It's still broken!

lol, thats because I'm updating it, try again in 15 minutes :)

Edit: new demo is up!

Is it the same demo from your Alchemy script?